Clear bra on short term lease? Y/N?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Clear bra on short term lease? Y/N?

Picking up car on Thursday. Tint is being done and we are down to the clear bra. I am taking advantage of the 2 year lease "special" and wanted to get thoughts on clear bra for a lease. I will track the car a few times a year. I probably will not buy the car it at the end of the lease, however I do like my cars to look good.

Price in the range of $1,500 for the usual bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors and door cups.

Thanks.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 AM
griffinto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Picking up car on Thursday. Tint is being done and we are down to the clear bra. I am taking advantage of the 2 year lease "special" and wanted to get thoughts on clear bra for a lease. I will track the car a few times a year. I probably will not buy the car it at the end of the lease, however I do like my cars to look good.

Price in the range of $1,500 for the usual bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors and door cups.

Thanks.
Personally I wouldn't. You could use blue painters tape on the front when tracking the car and save the $1500 for tires.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:40 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Hell no!

Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I am a rebel and do not have a clear bra. I have two small visible chips on the hood and many tiny ones above the stone guards before the rear tires. Where I have it worst is the windshield. When clean and looking at it from an angle you can see many little white marks. Each one is a chip, one big, most very small. The mirrors are untouched. the front bumper is scratched but is from my Route 66 road trip, lots of vertical scratches. I have tracked it for about 6hrs total and put on almost 24k miles.

I have also found a few more vertical marks above the passenger door and one on the right hip (rear wheel). If I had a clear bra, it wouldn't have caught those. Unless you cover the entire car, you won't catch everything.

I do understand the current tech is very good, but I like to have scars sometimes. It adds character. I'm not worried. I'll get it repainted if/when needed.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:45 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by griffinto
Personally I wouldn't. You could use blue painters tape on the front when tracking the car and save the $1500 for tires.
I would agree, or use Road Warrior Plus

Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Thanks for replies. Told them I'll pass and they lowered to $1,100. Obviously a lot of room in these add-on's from finance.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I think it depends on how you drive. I drive very fast (over 90 up to 130) on highways, so I would probably consider it more than a guy who never goes over the speed limit. Also, the miles you'll put on the car and where you drive it.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:26 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Also to the other person's point, the other stuff is where the dealer makes more margin, so if you do it find your own person to install.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I think it depends on how you drive. I drive very fast (over 90 up to 130) on highways,
Wait, what!?
Is that your regular driving habit? 90 I can understand. 130, is a tad fast on public roads. Do you hit that on mostly empty roads?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
Wait, what!?
Is that your regular driving habit? 90 I can understand. 130, is a tad fast on public roads. Do you hit that on mostly empty roads?
Spurts of that fast, I don't go miles and miles that fast.. so 90 ish and then hit it for a minute and then back down type of thing.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
Wait, what!?
And do you still have your license?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
And do you still have your license?
I don't drive a lot (not to work at all) and yes not even a point currently, but I do have a Passport 9500Ci.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
I didn't on my 3 year lease, figure it would take a lot of ding charges to recoup the price of the bra. Will see when I turn mine in next year.
On my last lease, they dinged me $150 for a big scuff under the front bumper on my BMW, a bra wouldn't have helped with that, and I got it back anyway when we bought our M3 a few months later.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
I think it depends on how you drive. I drive very fast (over 90 up to 130) on highways, so I would probably consider it more than a guy who never goes over the speed limit. Also, the miles you'll put on the car and where you drive it.
Hopefully for your sake the NJ State Police aren't monitoring this site, you do provide a lot of info in your signature that could assist them in tracking you down. You might want to consider dropping the city you live in from your signature

Old 03-19-2013, 02:59 PM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
I don't drive a lot (not to work at all) and yes not even a point currently, but I do have a Passport 9500Ci.

Sorry Officer...it's this darn Sport + button the guys on 6speed talked me into getting

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear bra on short term lease? Y/N?