991S Suspension/Brakes Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
991S Suspension/Brakes Pics

When I installed the factory spacers I took a few pictures of the front/rear brakes/suspensions. I was pleased to see that there are pretty substantial break ducts both front and rear. I don't recall the ducts being as large on previous gen cars, but perhaps I just don't remember correctly.

I also like how the factory spacers actually screw on to the rotor/hub. Makes for a nice clean install and you never have to deal with lining up the hubs and spacers when installing wheels.

Attached Images     
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
great to see more of the 991.. especially the parts i have most interest in!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:34 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the pictures. Can I ask how you jacked the car up? I found what appear to be jacking points at all four corners, but there is no hard plastic covering onto which you would place the jack pad. Do you jack directly on the steel or did you have jack pads under your car? Did you find a center jacking point front and rear? I looked closely under the front and couldn't find anything to put the jack under. Thanks!

Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mtony
Thanks for the pictures. Can I ask how you jacked the car up? I found what appear to be jacking points at all four corners, but there is no hard plastic covering onto which you would place the jack pad. Do you jack directly on the steel or did you have jack pads under your car? Did you find a center jacking point front and rear? I looked closely under the front and couldn't find anything to put the jack under. Thanks!
I jacked it from the rear pads you mention. Both my jacks have rubber pads on them, so it wasn't an issue. I haven't looked for any center mount points yet. I try and get it up on a hoist soon and take some pictures then.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:27 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Attilas
I jacked it from the rear pads you mention. Both my jacks have rubber pads on them, so it wasn't an issue. I haven't looked for any center mount points yet. I try and get it up on a hoist soon and take some pictures then.
Thanks! So there are no hard plastic jack points like the BMWs have? (I saw you had an M3 in your review post)

Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
I use this for a jack pad: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=12018858

Old 03-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Thanks! So there are no hard plastic jack points like the BMWs have? (I saw you had an M3 in your review post)
Correct.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:36 AM
pleahy is infamous around these parts
In preparation for swapping out summer/winter tires & wheels, I have been wondering about this issue as well. I've researched the problem a bunch, but can't find any pictures of the 991 chassis. I only have one trolley jack, but have 2 jack stands. I have been trying to figure out how I was going to safely add a jack stand while the jack is occupying the "proper" jack point at each wheel. My plan was to use the jack to lift the car at the specified jack points, and then slide a jack stand under one of the heavy suspension components where it meets the frame (just as a precaution should the jack fail). Any thoughts (pictures would be ideal)? Thanks!