new 991S review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 09:29 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Great car & bike, enjoy

Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Thanks for the pics and review. The car looks great and I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm biased but those wheels are still my favs on a silver 991.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:45 AM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Great write up! Nice car...

Old 03-23-2013, 10:11 AM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Seriously beautiful car. Congrats! As my son loves to ride in "Daddy car" - I too consider the back seats a must.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Nice wheels and nice Cervelo. Must be tough riding the Cervelo without a seat. Would never have thought to put a roof rack on a P car, but it actually does not look bad! Congrats.
Yeah just built up the bike to replace my 10 year old P2K. I'm reusing the seat from my old bike for now and it wasn't installed yet. Really I don't car what it looks like with the rack. It looks and drives the same from inside the car and having the rack means I will drive it more often, which is never a bad thing.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LotF
Any opinion on the base stereo with the HD radio?
Now that I've spent some time with it I am happy with the base stereo. He'd radio is certainly worthwhile, because the difference is not subtle. Burm is definitely much better, but at the volume levels I typically listen to music this is perfect.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by trysixty
great car. could you please post some pics of the interior with the red seat belts?

have u considered buying a beater truck/suv to haul the bike?
I've got an E350 wagon aswell, so that is always an option, but this more fun.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:49 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Watch the low overhangs and parking garages. Great car, beautiful color.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:28 PM
bspears is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Attilas
Overall I am very happy with the car. I went to the 991 S from an 2008 M3
How does the drive compare to the M3? I am thinking about making the same switch and I am not sure that I won't miss the high revving V8 in the M.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bspears
How does the drive compare to the M3? I am thinking about making the same switch and I am not sure that I won't miss the high revving V8 in the M.
I had an e46 m3 and have driven the e9x M3 at Road Atlanta extensively and the most noticeable thing is the decreased mass of the 911. The M3 is a much heavier car. It's so much easier to get the 911 moving and turning. You won't miss the M3 at all.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by bspears
I really loved the E90 M3 (much more so than my previous E46 M3) and the star was really the motor. That high RPM rush was great. The significantly lower mass in the 991 more then makes up for the slight loss at the top end. Up until I took delivery of the 991 I was a bit worried that I would miss the E90, but now 2 weeks after delivery I really don't. I've driven many 997s and wasn't ready to give up the E90 for one, but one test drive in the 991 was all it took to decide I would get one.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 PM
White991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Attilas
Yeah just built up the bike to replace my 10 year old P2K. I'm reusing the seat from my old bike for now and it wasn't installed yet. Really I don't car what it looks like with the rack. It looks and drives the same from inside the car and having the rack means I will drive it more often, which is never a bad thing.
You had the P2K for 10 years! That's impressive. It must have been a really good bike. I'm riding a 4 year old S2.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:47 PM
konstantin is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Got mine at Walters as well. Did you get a discount?

Old 03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Looks awesome, congrats!

Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by White991
You had the P2K for 10 years! That's impressive. It must have been a really good bike. I'm riding a 4 year old S2.
Yes I bought it new and have just over 15k miles on it. I ride a few times a week, but usually just short lunch time rides and probably 1 or 2 weekend rides a month. The P2K was a great bike. Never had to replace a single component until recently when parts are finally starting to wear out.

With 11 speed just coming out I decided it was a good time to get a new bike. New prices are just outrageous now, so I spent a while looking for a nice used frame and then just picked up the rest of the components online wherever I got the best price. Only done a few rides on it, but it is a huge change. So far I like it a lot, but still getting used to the different geometry.

Funny I spent over six months waiting for the 991 and about a year deciding on a bike and end up getting both the same week. Been a pretty darn good month.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new 991S review