new 991S review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by konstantin
Congrats! Got mine at Walters as well. Did you get a discount?
Yes I think I got a good discount, but honestly the overall experiance and service from the dealer is more important to me than potentially getting a 1-2% better discount somewhere else. Walters has been excellent to work with. Easily the best car buying experience I've had and i'd recommend them to anyone in socal. They are also great supporters of our local PCA region (orange coast) and many of the employees are regularly at our autox events. It's great to do business with actual Porsche enthusiasts and not just a salesman.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 PM
cbrett is infamous around these parts
great looking car!

i am thinking about getting the roof rack as well. how are you liking it?

can you open the sunroof with the rack on?

also, is the porsche bike rack the only suitable carrier/tray that will attach to the roof rack?

thanks!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cbrett
great looking car!

i am thinking about getting the roof rack as well. how are you liking it?

can you open the sunroof with the rack on?

also, is the porsche bike rack the only suitable carrier/tray that will attach to the roof rack?

thanks!
Like I said the install is not as fast as on previous Porsches/BMWs, but isn't bad. Other than that it works very well. You can pop up the back of the sunroof, but it can't really be opened up much with the rack installed. As far as attachments for the rack, most brands I've seen will work. You don't need to use the one from Porsche.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:22 AM
bluepr0 is infamous around these parts
Looks freaking awesome on that color!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM
cbrett is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Attilas
Like I said the install is not as fast as on previous Porsches/BMWs, but isn't bad. Other than that it works very well. You can pop up the back of the sunroof, but it can't really be opened up much with the rack installed. As far as attachments for the rack, most brands I've seen will work. You don't need to use the one from Porsche.
thanks for the info! i ordered the rack yesterday and am looking forward to it.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Attilas
I've had the bike and ski racks from Porsche - and I'm not fond of either You can use Thule ski and bike holders, but I personally like the items from Rocky Mounts. Less expensive than Thule and just as well built. Unlike the Porsche racks, with the RM bike racks you can lock the bike to the rack, the bike adapter to the (Porsche) roof rack, and the roof rack to the roof. The Porsche bike rack doesn't doesn't lock anything.

DMoore
'13 C2S
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by DMoore
I've had the bike and ski racks from Porsche - and I'm not fond of either You can use Thule ski and bike holders, but I personally like the items from Rocky Mounts. Less expensive than Thule and just as well built. Unlike the Porsche racks, with the RM bike racks you can lock the bike to the rack, the bike adapter to the (Porsche) roof rack, and the roof rack to the roof. The Porsche bike rack doesn't doesn't lock anything.

DMoore
'13 C2S
'10 Panamera 4S
Not sure if there are different versions of the Porsche bike rack, but the one I have does lock both the bike and to the rack. The base rack also locks to the car.