Rattles and Squeaks Getting me Down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
a I assume the longer I wait the better these things will be addressed.
If you can....

Don't worry about it. The rattles are minor things. By the time you jump onto the 991 wagon, I'm sure most of these issues will be figured out. The cars are getting to be like software now. The companies have to rush them out to make people happy else the shareholders vote people out like spoiled kids.

With the next update, all these bugs will be fixed. Only to find new ones

Last edited by Chupacabra; 03-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:35 PM
SergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the rough
I can't speak to rattles in a Ferrari as I have never owned one. But I once owned a Honda with over 160,000 miles on it, and it had no rattles. I'm not asking that my Porsche be up to the standards of a Ferrari; I just want it up to the standards of an old Honda with no rattles or squeeks. I don't think that's too high a standard.

On the other hand, my wife likes that my Porsche has an annoying squeek coming from the center of the dash board when I exceed 65 mph. She thinks it keeps me from driving too fast. She wants to know if my Porsche dealer can install the same squeek in my other cars so I don't drive them too fast.

My 2013 C4S has less than 2,000 miles on it and I've stopped driving it because of the annoying squeek. The aluminum trim around the window popped loose at less than 200 miles and I'm still waiting for the dealer to get a replacement part from Germany. Sure this car is insanely fun to drive, but these annoyances really detract from the experience, to the point where I actually thought of trading it in for an R8 until I read an earlier post about rattles in it too.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 AM
MBX5 is infamous around these partsMBX5 is infamous around these parts
I like the idea of a DIY project. Does anyone know how to remove the c-pillars? I'd like to start there if it really isn't that big of a deal to do. If I get up the courage to do this, I'll take pictures and post for the benefit of the group.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:20 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
"SocalGT3" and "iambon" have both done quite a bit of work tearing their interiors apart.

See their very helpful posts below.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...dispenser.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-911-991s.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...cks-991-a.html

Hope this helps...

Last edited by dux; 03-30-2013 at 07:22 AM.