A little Saturday morning detailing session with my new 991. Tons of pics inside...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Brooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really nice
A little Saturday morning detailing session with my new 991. Tons of pics inside...

It was beautiful weekend in New York so I decided to detail the car. I alsorealize I owe you guys some interior shots. Here is the final product with acouple of modifications including:

Clear corners

Black powdercoated wheels

911 Designation plasti-dipped

Brakes painted yellow.

35% tinted windows.

Enjoy guys!

Attached Images                                    
Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 AM
gt3niac is infamous around these parts
amazing...
just curious did you have to remove the breaks to paint them?

Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh Man!! Your car looks SWEET!! Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Brooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really niceBrooklyn991 is just really nice
Thank you guys! I did not have the brakes removed. It was the "cheaper" route to go having them painted while on the car but I'm very happy with the end result.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet! The brakes look great.

I hope that you get her out for a drive to knock some of the rust off of those rotors! It really was gorgeous out on Saturday.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
B, your car certainly looks clean. The wheels do look good and I hope the powered coating holds up.

Just a personal issue but yellow brakes mostly imply ceramics and therefore unless they are, for me its a big no no. It's like why would someone want to make a base 991 look like a 991S when I think each has its own beauty and individual characteristics? Then again, some would say imitation is flattery!

Note. It's been a few minutes since I wrote the above. I just re-read my comments. I'll keep them as is but do think I may have come across a bit harsh. Apologies... monday's I guess!

Last edited by Haku; 04-01-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Re-read...
Old 04-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Looking good Loving the wheels.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
looks terrific!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
nice pics!

Old 04-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
B, your car certainly looks clean. The wheels do look good and I hope the powered coating holds up.

Just a personal issue but yellow brakes mostly imply ceramics and therefore unless they are, for me its a big no no. It's like why would someone want to make a base 991 look like a 991S when I think each has its own beauty and individual characteristics? Then again, some would say imitation is flattery!

Note. It's been a few minutes since I wrote the above. I just re-read my comments. I'll keep them as is but do think I may have come across a bit harsh. Apologies... monday's I guess!
No need to apologize. I pondered this for about a month before pulling the trigger on painting the brakes yellow. I did not want people to feel that I was "posing" as someone who had the ceramic brakes. I just have this fascination with yellow brakes and wanted to match my wife's painted brakes on her FX35 (pictured below). But you are absolutely right, I don't want people thinking that I am trying to emmulate an $8000 option. So I actually agree with you! That being said though, I really like the contrast on the white car with the black wheels.

Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
B991, thanks for understanding my point.... and now I understand and better appreciate your reasoning. Furthermore, it makes sense to paint them in a color that makes you happy

The callipers do look good in yellow but here's a thought....purely aesthetic and with no regard to the matching cars, did you consider black with white or red Porsche lettering? I think with the black wheels that may have also looked good. Hmmmm, maybe too much black then?

Old 04-01-2013, 05:31 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
B991, thanks for understanding my point.... and now I understand and better appreciate your reasoning. Furthermore, it makes sense to paint them in a color that makes you happy

The callipers do look good in yellow but here's a thought....purely aesthetic and with no regard to the matching cars, did you consider black with white or red Porsche lettering? I think with the black wheels that may have also looked good. Hmmmm, maybe too much black then?
But then in black, the calipers would look like standard base Carrera brakes

Just kidding. I am in an 'all red' (car, brakes, harness) theme on my car, but if I tried something different (and if my car was in a more neutral color), Green 918 or Orange Lambo could be interesting as well.

Nice car by the way. You can not go wrong with a white 911, and adding a bit of color does no harm.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
But then in black, the calipers would look like standard base Carrera brakes

Just kidding. I am in an 'all red' (car, brakes, harness) theme on my car, but if I tried something different (and if my car was in a more neutral color), Green 918 or Orange Lambo could be interesting as well.

Nice car by the way. You can not go wrong with a white 911, and adding a bit of color does no harm.
Ok, ok!!! Hehehe I didn't think of that! Oooops !
You are quite correct Serge.
Hmmm, btw have you thought of getting your red on red callipers painted?....say fluorescent pink?!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Is it me or does the front caliper looks smaller than the rear? When I see the yellow calipers, I instantly look for huge rotors so it also makes your rotors looks small. Anyway, good job with the paint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A little Saturday morning detailing session with my new 991. Tons of pics inside...