Picked up my new car today--WOW!!! Crazy lease..lol

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 05:04 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Picked up my new car today--WOW!!! Crazy lease..lol

Picked up my new C2S Guards Red/black pdk cabriolet today. It's fantastic! Unbelievable, really, coming from a 997.2 (and a Cayman before that). Pics coming...
Here's what's crazy about the 2-year lease deal. My total payments over 2 years (10K miles/year) adds up close to $45K. But any miles after that are charged at a "standard" rate of 30 cents/mile (just like a Honda Accord). Think about it. It essentially costs me approximately $22K dollars in year one for the first 10K miles, and another $22K dollars to drive 10K more miles in year two. But if I go over the milage limit buy a huge amount like an additional 10K miles, it costs me only $3,000 extra! If I put on 20K extra miles, it would cost me a total of $6,000. That's crazy! In summary, the first allotted 20K miles costs me $45K, while an extra 20K miles over the limit would cost me only $6000.
I imagine that Porsche would be quite unhappy getting the car back 2 years later with 40K miles on it and me writing them a check for only $6,000!!

(For that matter, why not put 50K miles on it in 2 years if you can, to the limit of the warranty...If you actually want to put 25K miles a year on your Porsche, this might be the way to go, especially since you'll never have to worry about expensive after-warranty repair costs)

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 04-06-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:35 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats !!

(via 6SpeedOnline iOS)

Old 04-06-2013, 05:38 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Congratulations: now let's see some photos!

Old 04-06-2013, 06:02 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
congrats...all the best

go Rangers!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Congratulations and good math (assuming you need to drive that much. Trips to Canada?).

ChuckJ

Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Thanks, Chuck.
I drive between 25-30K miles/year total.
I have a Lexus GS350 F-sport as my other car (great car). I had planned to put about 20K miles on it and about 10K miles on the Porsche annually.
But, with the math, I have changed my mind and reversed it. I will drive my Lexus perhaps only 10K miles a year (most of the time in the winter, and on bad weather days in the other 3 seasons) and put 20K miles yearly on my 911. I'd gladly write a check to Porsche for the extra $6K at the end of my 2-year lease for an extra 20,000 miles of driving bliss. What a deal.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
Thanks, Chuck.
I have a Lexus GS350 F-sport as my other car (great car). I had planned to put about 20K miles on it and about 10K miles on the Porsche annually.
But, with the math, I have changed my mind and reversed it. I will drive my Lexus perhaps only 10K miles a year (most of the time in the winter, and on bad weather days in the other 3 seasons) and put 20K miles yearly on my 911. I'd gladly write a check to Porsche for the extra $6K at the end of my 2-year lease for an extra 20,000 miles of driving bliss. What a deal.
Good one!

ChuckJ

Old 04-06-2013, 08:09 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Thanks, Chuck.
Very nice. Congrats and enjoy her in good health. Post some pics when you can.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Jman--
I see you sold your F-Sport already....lol
That was quick...

Old 04-06-2013, 08:27 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Jman--
I see you sold your F-Sport already....lol
That was quick...
We were the early adopters of the GS350 Fsport in Feb 2012, we went through 4 different ones last year, started out with his/her, then I traded mine in for a more optioned with the SFP/cabernet and finally ended up with a custom ordered fully optioned one. It's a nice DD for my wife and she loves it.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by JmanE55
We were the early adopters of the GS350 Fsport in Feb 2012, we went through 4 different ones last year, started out with his/her, then I traded mine in for a more optioned with the SFP/cabernet and finally ended up with a custom ordered fully optioned one. It's a nice DD for my wife and she loves it.
Ah, I see. Mine is SFP/cabernet. I love it, and the interior quality is right up there with the exotics costing over $100K. But I love the 911 even more. My F-Sport and my Porsche are two best cars in their respective categories that I've ever owned.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:16 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Congrats! Like we usually say: pics or it does not count
Don't worry, once you get started, you will not be able to stop driving the 991... Even in the bad weather, the Cab will be OK. I'll bet you end up doing 25/5kmiles per year

Old 04-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Hockey-

Congrats on the new car. Let's see some pics of this beauty.

Enjoy in good health.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:52 AM
It's gorgeous. Here are some pics--from my cell phone camera at the dealership, so not that high quality:

2013 Carrera S Cabriolet
Guards Red/Black standard
PDK
Sports Chrono
Sport Exhaust
Premium package plus (14-way power seats, etc)
Bose Package
Platinum -coated wheels

That's it. Off the lot. Not too many unnecessary options (and NO Power Steering Plus!!!). Almost exactly the same options as what I would have ordered myself--except I would have gotten the Sport Design Wheel.
(Biggest unexpected surprise: The 14-way power seats now have a thigh extension button to lengthen them. That's great)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-06_12-59-47_151.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	229369   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-06_13-00-14_212.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	229370   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_photo.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	229371  
Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Love the red and black combo, sweet ride

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up my new car today--WOW!!! Crazy lease..lol