Difference between factory tours in Leipzig and Stuttgart?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 AM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about
Difference between factory tours in Leipzig and Stuttgart?

I'm going to be in Frankfurt in mid-May, traveling to Zurich as well and would like to take a Porsche factory tour. What is the difference between the factory in Leipzig and the one in Stuttgart? I would prefer to go to Stuttgart because it's along the route to Zurich from Frankfurt, but I wouldn't mind doing a day trip to Leipzig if that tour is much better.

I have a '13 C2S and would like to see the 991 on the assembly.

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
991 is only built in Stuttgart.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Stuttgart is the birthplace of the 911 and to me the Holy Grail of Porsche Factories. The factory is actually in a suburb of Stuttgart called Zuffenhausen. About 10 minute train ride from downtown (S6) or 20 Euro cab ride from downtown. Also has the Porsche Museum to see which is a don't miss if you're a Porsche fan.

John in Vancouver

Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Fabolous is a jewel in the roughFabolous is a jewel in the roughFabolous is a jewel in the rough
I preferred the actual tour at stuttgart more than leipzig. Regardless of seeing 911s or not

Old 04-09-2013, 05:32 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
If you do not already have a factory tour reservation you most likely will not be able to take the tour. The factory tours are booked months in advance and they only have the tours four days a week in Stuttgart. The museum is not a problem and if you are a PCA member and show your membership card, admission is free and you get a 10-15% discount at the gift shop. Also if you purchase over $100, you can get the VAT back when you leave Europe.

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 PM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by windboat
If you do not already have a factory tour reservation you most likely will not be able to take the tour. The factory tours are booked months in advance and they only have the tours four days a week in Stuttgart. The museum is not a problem and if you are a PCA member and show your membership card, admission is free and you get a 10-15% discount at the gift shop. Also if you purchase over $100, you can get the VAT back when you leave Europe.

Thanks guys for the info. That sucks about not being able to book a tour at the factory, though. I emailed Porsche.de about it and haven't heard back.

I just purchased my 991 4 weeks ago. Wonder if they would make an exception?

Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by murox
Thanks guys for the info. That sucks about not being able to book a tour at the factory, though. I emailed Porsche.de about it and haven't heard back.

I just purchased my 991 4 weeks ago. Wonder if they would make an exception?
Most likely they won't make any exceptions, if you PM me I will give you a direct line to call with the Porsche Stuttgart tour office. It is best to plied your case with them directly on the phone.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by windboat

Actually with PCA card the Tour is 4 Euro rather than normal 8 Euro. Or at least it was in September. Last fall the Museum shop gave 15% discount with PCA card. Dealership across the square also gave 10% with PCA card.

It can take a week for them to respond to factory tour. It will depend on when you want to go. Once they have their maximum number for the day that's it. If you want a leg up so to speak try going through Paul Gregor at PCNA. He is the PCA liason and was helpful for me two years ago.

John in Vancouver

Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
pbjt is infamous around these parts
Any updates on this? Also interested in an upcoming tour.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Turns out that Germany is on Holiday during my visit, and the plant will be closed.

Of course . . .

Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 AM
I just tried to book the 10 am Tour at Zuffenhausen on Tuesday September 3rd. Got a re reply only German tour that morning but I could have the 2pm tour. That didn't work for me so I was able to get confirmation for 2pm on September 5 though. I understand no tours in August as factory sort of closed.

You have to book months ahead normally as the Tours I've been on (12 so far) have always been full with people standing there on a waitlist basis without success.

Email address for Zuffenhausen tours is factorytours@porsche.de. Be sure to specify an English tour if that's what you want.

John in Vancouver

Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Snowczar

Actually with PCA card the Tour is 4 Euro rather than normal 8 Euro. Or at least it was in September. Last fall the Museum shop gave 15% discount with PCA card. Dealership across the square also gave 10% with PCA card.

It can take a week for them to respond to factory tour. It will depend on when you want to go. Once they have their maximum number for the day that's it. If you want a leg up so to speak try going through Paul Gregor at PCNA. He is the PCA liason and was helpful for me two years ago.

John in Vancouver
I was at P Museum today, if you are a PCA member and present your membership card and ID the museum is FREE, there is a 4 EURO parking fee unless you have your parking pass validated at the upstairs Rest/Bar, then parking is free as well. Everyone in your group must have their own PCA card. Without a PCA card they will have to pay.

Last edited by windboat; 05-09-2013 at 12:12 AM.