Pulling trigger 0n 2014 C4S Cab PDK build today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Richard911 is infamous around these parts
Cool Pulling trigger 0n 2014 C4S Cab PDK build today

Other than minor changes 2014 configurator did not add LED headlights, new exterior mirrors or cognac/espresso interior so we are going this way (we think). Still debating seat backs i.e. leather or painted Did deal at 8% off MSRP

Rhodium Silver with Black top
Black/Luxor beige interior
Deleted model designation
Carrera S wheels with platinum finish with 5mm spacers
18 way Sport seats plus with Porsche Crests
Sport Steering Wheel
Premium package plus
ParkAssist (front and rear)
Electric Folding Mirrors bottoms painted to body color
B-Xenons in black with PDLS
Sports Exhaust
PDDC
Sport Chrono
Power Steering Plus (know the debate with arthritis it does help)
All white dials Chrono and Instruments
Smokers package
passenger side net
Brushed aluminum all interior
Burmester (had on Panamera and really liked it)
Voice control

Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a great build and 8% off is a great deal! Enjoy.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:04 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
The Alcantara SD steering wheel would be nice with that build.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:10 PM
jkonva is infamous around these parts
Awesome build and deal. What is your estimated build and delivery date?

Old 04-10-2013, 01:12 PM
jkonva is infamous around these parts
So far, I have not seen much of a difference on the configurator for 2014 991s other than slight color changes such as Rhodium Silver instead of Platinum and some other minor tweaks like the passenger seat cargo net.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:29 PM
bluepr0 is infamous around these parts
Is there images already of the new Rhodium Silver color? I personally find it hard to buy a car without see at least a picture of it!

Old 04-10-2013, 04:34 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Nice!!

ChuckJ

Old 04-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Update on my order

So when we went to pull the old trigger to place the order the dealer now wants a 10% deposit. In February they were happy with $1,000. We also found out we can get the cognac/espresso two-tone like Panamera and Cayenne with no issue. I have emailed back-up dealer and will; order from them in the am. Have bought two Porsches from the backup up and three Porsches and an Audi from the reneger; I will give the order to the backup on principle alone. I tried going to the dealer leadership at the first dealer and left voice mail only to be called back by a floor sales manager. This dealer and its owner brags about their customer service, well guess what.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Order was finally accepted by factory. Locks in July, builds in August, delivery early October. So the wait begins. Dealer did say it was their first 2014 Cab C4S allocation slot.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:48 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Richard911
Other than minor changes 2014 configurator did not add LED headlights, new exterior mirrors or cognac/espresso interior so we are going this way (we think). Still debating seat backs i.e. leather or painted Did deal at 8% off MSRP
Great build. Personally I would not do leather seat backs with the sports seats -- the silver backs make them look sporty, break up the interior while also accenting the rhodium.

With Burmester, I'd have thought you would get satellite radio -- why not? I love mine. The interface with the PCM is really great.

Curious why PCCB on a cab? Just for less brake dust?

Old 04-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Burmester includes Sat Radio, HD radio and online services in 2014 per the configurator.

Burmester® Audio Package

Includes:
  • Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
    Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System with a total output of 821 Watts and 12 independently controlled speakers, incl. a 300 Watt active subwoofer with class D amplifier integrated into the body, exclusive components from high-end audio systems such as special ribbon tweeters (Air Motion Transformers – AMT) and an acoustically effective surface area of 207.7 sq. in.
  • SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver
    Receiver for SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, includes 3 month trial subscription
  • HD Radio® Receiver
    Receiver for HD Radio®
    HD Radio® technology provides access to a broad range of new digital programming on top of conventionally received FM stations. HD Radio® also includes advanced audio and data features
  • 6-disc CD/DVD changer
    Integrated into PCM replacing the single CD/DVD drive
  • Online Services
    Online Services offers a direct interface with a customer's smart phone via the "AHA-Radio" app – available for iPhone® and Android® devices.
I still may change the seat backs, the issue being three versus two colors in the interior. Remember we are doing Luxor/Black. I was going to do PCCB but at this point I can wash the car (removing annoying brake dust) more than 150 times for the cost of PCCB. Also did the platinum wheels to hide some the "early" dust.

Last edited by Richard911; 04-20-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Richard911
Burmester includes Sat Radio, HD radio and online services in 2014 per the configurator.I still may change the seat backs, the issue being three versus two colors in the interior. Remember we are doing Luxor/Black. I was going to do PCCB but at this point I can was car more than 150 times for the cost of them.
Didn't realize that re Burm. But I suppose that makes sense for the $$!

Re PCCB, I didn't understand what you wrote but anyway I'm sure you know the stock brakes are plenty capable.

Also, I have PDLS (they were part of the Launch Vehicles) and personally I think they are more of a novelty than actually useful -- I can't see driving at night so fast that you need something like that.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Vented seats are a must with a CAB, for summer driving with the top down. You will regret not ordering them I assure you.

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Old 04-21-2013, 05:48 PM
We ordered the premium package plus which includes both seat heating and seat ventilation

Premium Package Plus (for use with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus)
Includes:
  • Automatically dimming mirrors
    Interior and exterior mirrors dim their reflectivity automatically when the driver could be blinded e.g. by a following vehicle’s headlights
  • Seat Heating (front)
    Electric heating of front seats with 3 levels of adjustment
  • Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
    Dynamic cornering lights, speed-dependent headlight range control, adverse weather function and headlight washer system
  • Seat Ventilation (front)
    Electric ventilation of front seats with 3 levels of adjustment
  • Porsche Entry & Drive
    Vehicle locking and unlocking as well as engine start without active use of the key, system comprises cabin and external antennas as well as proximity sensors in the door handles and in the front end
  • Light Design Package
    Additional dimmable ambient LED lighting in overhead console, in area of door handles, door storage compartment, rear seats and footwell for driver and front passenger
  • Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
    Driver and front passenger seats with raised side bolsters on seat cushion and extended backrest side bolsters for additional shoulder support and with electric adjustment of
    - seat backrest
    - seat height
    - fore/aft position
    - seat cushion inclination
    - seat cushion depth
    - 4-way lumbar support
    - seat cushion side bolster
    - backrest side bolsters
    Includes driver memory and electric height and fore/aft adjustment of steering column
    Includes smooth-finish leather on seat centers and side bolsters, backrest rear shell in Silver Grey color