About to order 2014 991 Cab S.. Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 10:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheDuster
Thanks for the suggestions..

I ordered that car last Saturday, and the 3 things that the Dealer suggested were:

Parking Sensors
Folding Mirrors
Smokers Package

I agreed to them all (Being a non-smoker, I never would have though to get the smokers package without their suggestion)

As far as cabriolet, or not, I am fortunate to live 3 mile from the Santa Monica mountains and Malibu, so a Cab is really important...

Here's what I ordered:b

911 Carrera S Cabriolet
Basalt Black Metallic
Cabriolet Roof in Black
Black / Platinum Grey lthr int
Sport Exhaust System
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Cntrl
20-inch SportDesign wheel
Wheel caps color Porsche crest
Smoking package
ParkAssist (front and rear)
Sport Chrono Package
Power Steering Plus
Electric folding ext. mirrors
SportDesign steering wheel
Two-tone leather interior
Power Sport Seats (14-way)
Premium Package Plus (for use with Power Sport Seats)
BOSEŽ Audio Package
Black Bi-Xenon lights w/ PDLS
Center console trim in leather
Wheel spacers, 5 mm
Clear glass tail lights
Fuel filler cap with Aluminium Look finish
Carbon pkg (leather/PDK)

Believe me, August 2nd can't get here fast enough.
I like the build.

Just some opinion on the things I would reconsider --

I hate the front parking sensors on my Cayenne and when I drove a 991 it I equally disliked it . They are so sensitive and I actually find them distracting !!

Not crazy about the wheel caps , Might even skip the leather console .
If choosing a two tone I'd skip the carbon . A cab already has two colors plus another two for the interior . Adding carbon is simply too many contrasts (again just my opinion) .

As for the two tone choice (again opinion) .. I happen to like them (even have it on my Cayenne) but am not crazy about the 991 choices offered to match up with basalt . I am just not a fan of Porsche gray interiors but do feel that out of the three choices its the best of them for basalt but i would probably opt for a simple black interior with red (or yellow) deviated stitching . Then I might put the carbon .

Smokers package ? Why? Is it for the lighter to use for battery maintainer ? I have no conclusive opinion .. just questions .

Wheels - Sport Design looks much like the 997 Turbo wheels and again its just opinion because i pulled them off my 997 Turbo in the first month that i had the car . I felt they looked somewhat Corvette ish .
I would choose almost ANY other wheel of the choices over it.

Everything else looks great BTW !!!

Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 PM
TheDuster is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the feedback.

I wanted to break up the traditional black on black that so many cars have. I felt that the Platinum/ Black combo was subtle, but interesting. Same thing about the carbon package, I saw a car a the Dealer with it, and thought that a change from the aluminum would create a bit of interesting texture (BTW - for 2014 the leather console comes with the carbon package).

I've heard mixed results about the parking sensors. I'm sure if they're too intrusive, there's a plug to be pulled somewhere..

Now for the longest 3 1/2 months ever..

Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheDuster
Thanks for the feedback.

I wanted to break up the traditional black on black that so many cars have. I felt that the Platinum/ Black combo was subtle, but interesting. Same thing about the carbon package, I saw a car a the Dealer with it, and thought that a change from the aluminum would create a bit of interesting texture (BTW - for 2014 the leather console comes with the carbon package).

I've heard mixed results about the parking sensors. I'm sure if they're too intrusive, there's a plug to be pulled somewhere..

Now for the longest 3 1/2 months ever..
I do realize what you are trying to do and even agree with you on many points . I wish you the best.