cant stand not having a backup camera??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
I wish I had one in front.
Maybe they can splice another camera in for the front..... no joke. I know you were making the comment in jest but the multitude of cameras in my X5 are awesome!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:41 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Maybe they can splice another camera in for the front..... no joke. I know you were making the comment in jest but the multitude of cameras in my X5 are awesome!
Thanks Michael. Something to think about.
Michael

Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
The 2014 Turbo offers it as a very reasonably priced option so I'm hopeful it can be retrofitted to the 2014 C2S.

ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera $655

Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 PM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Michael_s
No experience with that camera, but if you read the below thread you will see I have a rear camera wired directly intom my PCM. More than $100 but I negotiated into my purchase.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ht=rear+camera
BTW I called Town Porsche in NJ and was quoted over $1,500 to have the rear view camera installed.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Camera is nice to have but with font/rear sensors, not necessary IMO.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fester
Camera is nice to have but with font/rear sensors, not necessary IMO.
Probably true.. I like sensors because it's nice for super tight places, especially hideously parking garages I find in Europe . I'm assuming Porsches are similar to others in that there is a audible beep that modulates as you get closer.. So there is a guide factor associated with that..

But backup cam is nice because you can see objects and obstructions, children etc.. I like a backup cam most for coming out of the driveway and since it is sort of a fisheye I get a certain amount of side visibility.... Parking sensors are more about warning you of stationary objects like poles and bumpers... Given a choice in the rear I'd rather have something visual..

Old 08-28-2013, 03:46 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jmorgan911
BTW I called Town Porsche in NJ and was quoted over $1,500 to have the rear view camera installed.
Not surprised and that is consistent with others. Glad I negotiated into my purchase. I know they use an outside vendor and not sure what the parts cost but both dealer and installer need to make a living. I would probably not add it if I was paying full retail.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I have both sensors and camera in my other cars and would gladly have the sensors turned off entirely as they make too much noise and are annoying. I rely on the camera entirely for backing up and really don't feel the need for anything up front, though a front-view camera would be awesome.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:22 PM
The Collection Porsche in Coral Gables wants $2190 + tax to install one of the NAV-TV units that cost $900 but for which they charge $1200 + 6 hours of labor. Pretty steep, IMO. Gonna keep shopping.