Jacking Pucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 03:06 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Jacking Pucks

Not sure if this has been covered here before so I thought I'd share. The Corvette guys use "jacking pucks" when lifting their cars, especially with a floor jack. If you're not careful, the tabs on the jack may rest on the rocker panel and with a frame / fiberglass body combo, the end result is not good for the rocker panel.

I had a couple leftover and used them on the 991 and they worked as if they were made for it. The tab on top of the puck goes into the slot in the frame. Any similar shaped object would work, including an actual hockey puck.

[/URL]

Attached Images    
Old 04-26-2013, 03:51 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by I'mAllIn
Not sure if this has been covered here before so I thought I'd share. The Corvette guys use "jacking pucks" when lifting their cars, especially with a floor jack. If you're not careful, the tabs on the jack may rest on the rocker panel and with a frame / fiberglass body combo, the end result is not good for the rocker panel.

I had a couple leftover and used them on the 991 and they worked as if they were made for it. The tab on top of the puck goes into the slot in the frame. Any similar shaped object would work, including an actual hockey puck.

[/URL]

This is great news for me, as I also saved mine. Thanks for sharing! Rep points on the way!

Old 04-26-2013, 04:44 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Old 04-26-2013, 04:51 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
That's for a G-Series 911.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Nice point I'mAllIn.

ChuckJ

Old 04-27-2013, 06:09 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check and see if the pucks I had for our C6 will work.