Porsche's New Ambassador

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 07:14 AM
kes7u is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan
You mean having Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man along with the "world's most beautiful woman" Gwyneth Paltrow shilling for the Audi R8 won't help sell the car? I'm sure that people that can afford a $175K car will be swayed by those two.
Now that you mention it, celebrity endorsements tend to do nothing for me.

Iron Man, though, might be a different story. I just love that character and those movies.

I've heard that as part of the new Porsche marketing campaign, there are going to be a random and select number of new Porsches released that output the Sharapova 'Shriek' whenever you hit the horn. Hope I get one of those!!

Kevin

Old 04-30-2013, 11:18 AM
onapex is infamous around these parts
brand marketing. not directly about selling cars but establishing a brand. virtually every large company does this. why do you think superbowl ads go for $3 million for 30 seconds? its a good fit. maria and porsche both are beautiful, high performing objects of desire.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MishaDesigns

Love this pic.

This is a marketing move for both Porsche and her; it's not necessarily to sell more cars but to maintain or increase the coolness factor of the brand especially among the younger folks (who will one day have enough money to buy a Porsche), but it also increases the coolness factor for her: she's not being driven around in a Bentley but is driving her own high performance sports car (at least that's the perception). It's really a win-win all around; I see nothing wrong with this.
They're ripping off MG? Lol.

Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Size is infamous around these parts
Here are my humble thoughts (from Porsche owner who also owns BMWs and Audis):
Porsche is doing what it ultimately needs to do to sell more cars: raise brand awareness and sell to the next generation of folks who may not have considered it before. When considering what Porsche did to expand its car portfolio but not lose its focus as a performance car company (like BMW), such as the Cayenne, which in hindsight has diversified its revenue stream, carried it through a difficult (down market for sports cars) period, put the brand in the hands of moms and dads who might not have had the option to get into a Porsche before and who want something better than the traditional SUV or minivan, who, when they get beyond lugging kids and their crap around may consider a Porsche sports car model. Having Maria (understanding that she's a winner at tennis like Porsche wins at racing) expand the brand to get people to think about Porsche (like females?) when they may not have before is a great idea. Besides, males (like me) have no problem with someone who is 6'2", beautiful, charismatic and can represent the brand the way I would want it represented, since I'm a Porsche and tennis guy. Just my thoughts.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
+1...Also, Porsche could have also done a lot worse.

Which would you rather have...
or

This:

or this:

This:

or this:

I rest my case.
Manson, Osbourne, and unknown white lady who failed tanning.

I think I nailed them all. Reps?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:09 AM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
I just glad to see that Maria prefers a stick!