Epic Double Delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 07:46 AM
T.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of light
Wow what an awesome story! I bet it was hard to even explain the feeling that you both truly had together and will continue to share for a long time. I would have loved to have had your wife or mom video the moment you both walked into the front door together with the cars sitting right there. ENJOY !!!!!!

Old 05-04-2013, 08:00 AM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Nice story. Thanks for taking the time to share it!

Old 05-04-2013, 08:38 AM
maukadream$ is infamous around these parts
Son, you put that story together more eloquently than I did over on P-9. Well done, and it helps me relive the day and experience the joy we shared again and again. I am a lucky man to have this Porsche love to share together with you. Guys, I also have another son who loves sports cars...he has an MR2 Spyder. And to top it off, both of those sons as a well as a third share our passions for another hobby together...RC airplanes and helicopters. I should mention we all like to get out on a court together and bang around the tennis *****. We are truly blessed. Back to the Porsches, we are fortunate to be able to afford these dang things at the same time. Wondrous how the cars got on the Auriga Leader together. Thanks DreamR for waiting for my car to get to the dealership so we could have this epic delivery together. A memory to treasure! Guys, we thought of the movie Twins with Arnold and Danny de Vito. Trouble is which car is de Vito!? Jon

Old 05-04-2013, 08:52 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Thx for sharing

Father and son.. 911 and Boxster.. Awesome moment in time.. Captured with help of mother and wife

It's truly priceless.

Congrats to ur family !

Love ur dad's choice in color. May he enjoy it for many more years to come !

Old 05-04-2013, 09:03 AM
DreamR is infamous around these partsDreamR is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the all the kind responses!

chuckbdc - Yup, we both got clear side markers complimentary of the dealership. Definitely a nice touch.

Just wanted to include some additional iphone pics.

Modifications so far include: black Porsche rubber floor mats for the driver and passenger, xpel clear bra (full hood, bumper, side view mirrors and gas cover), and 35% legal window tint. What a sexy beast.

Also, here are some garage space pictures. Project included painting the lower concrete foundation portion of the garage grey, painting the wooden stairs grey, adding black Craftsman cabinets to hide my detailing gear, and hanging some Porsche decor on the walls.

Race Deck was installed a few days before the 991 arrived with the help of my dad. Went together very easy after figuring out how you want to lay it out. I decided to only tile the Porsche tandem spot to reduce cost a bit and to create a separate man cave atmosphere. But, I miscalculated the length of the tiled area that I needed! When I parked the 991 on its special spot for the first time and got out to admire it, I was shocked to see its butt hanging over the entry edge of the tiles! A quick call the Race Deck and 24 tiles later, the 991's rear is well within the comfort and protection of the of the Porsche cave.

Attached Images    
Old 05-04-2013, 09:16 AM
tx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of light
Porsche did an amazing job on the new Boxter. For some reason pictures don't do it justice. I have a 13 Boxter and 13 C2s also and love the combo.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:45 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Beautiful cars and great story! Hope I'll be able to do the same one day with my kids.
Enjoy the car and the time with your dad!

Old 05-04-2013, 10:07 AM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Great story, great cars, the dealership show room look familiar, then saw the Sunset Plates.

Congrats to u both, time to take the cars to Germantown Rd and Sky hwy for some testing

Do we have any Pdx drives?

Old 05-04-2013, 10:10 AM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Great story!
Seems kinda backwards though. Dad is supposed to have 991, son is supposed to have Boxter. Lol
Just kidding!!!

Old 05-04-2013, 02:40 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Wonderful story -- enjoy your new P-cars and use them in good health!

Old 05-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
Great story!
Seems kinda backwards though. Dad is supposed to have 991, son is supposed to have Boxter. Lol
Just kidding!!!
Yep that thought does come to mind but it makes a lot of sense here (assuming just utility not one is a premium car over other)...son with growing family and 2 extra seats and dad (probably retired?) doesn't need extra seats!

op: good job on making the garage ready- wish I could do the same but I was already at the edge of my wife's patience (re how much of my time I was already taking "away" from the family in anticipation, prep and simply thinking about the car...

Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Great story. Good for you

Old 05-04-2013, 06:09 PM
maukadream$ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fester
Yep that thought does come to mind but it makes a lot of sense here (assuming just utility not one is a premium car over other)...son with growing family and 2 extra seats and dad (probably retired?) doesn't need extra seats!

op: good job on making the garage ready- wish I could do the same but I was already at the edge of my wife's patience (re how much of my time I was already taking "away" from the family in anticipation, prep and simply thinking about the car...
Yep, you got it...DreamR is a young guy in a family way now and needs the extra seats. I AM retired (6 years!), don't need the seats, am on fixed income, and probably just spent some of DreamR's inheritance, LOL!! Life is really good! Jon

Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
What a blessing and a wonderful thing to share the joy of ownership of two great cars in the family. Enjoy!!

Old 05-05-2013, 12:50 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Your memory of this will last a life time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Epic Double Delivery