Epic Double Delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 PM
DreamR is infamous around these partsDreamR is infamous around these parts
Epic Double Delivery

A few weeks ago, my dad and I were fortunate enough to take delivery of two brand new Porsches simultaneously at the dealership! He ordered a 2013 Boxster and I ordered a 2013 991 C2S! What a blast it was to take delivery of two beautiful cars and sharing the moment with my dad.

Some background, my dad's and my love for sports cars began to take off about five to six year ago when he bought a Corvette C5, which I thought was the best car ever. After getting a job and getting married, I was determined to buy similar car. And without much research and high impulsiveness, I purchased a jetstream blue Corvette C6 and enjoyed it initially. We went on a few drives together and talked cars sometimes but I really wasn't quite obsessed with cars yet. The fact that I only drove it 2000 miles after three years pains me, but brings to light my lack of true enjoyment of that car. Something was missing...

I abandoned the Chevy brand and realized what I wanted. Something with less crazy horsepower but with telepathic handling, higher quality interior, and sexy classic lines. So, enter Porsche. I ordered a 2012 987 Cayman R, and loved every moment of it. It was basically my dream car even though the sport bucket seats were a bit of a pain to get in and out of (and I'm 33). But, after 13 months of ownership and finding out my family is growing, I got clearance from the wife to hunt for a new car!

It just so happened that my dad was interested in the new 981 Boxster. We went to the dealership to check it out and took it for a test drive. It was then that I realized what an upgrade the interior was compared to my 987! Everything just appeared so modern and luxurious. Very impressive vehicle with great handling and super model looks. A few weeks later, we were back at the dealership so that my dad could put a deposit down for a custom build! I was so happy that we would be both driving Porsches together.

Here is where the trouble starts. It was roughly around that time, as I was waiting for an oil change in my 987, that I really noticed the 991 under the dealers perfectly positioned show room lights... calling to me. "Look, I have two rear seats... Perfect for your growing family," it seemed to rationalize to me. I fell for it. Test drove it and negotiated the 987 trade. This was about two weeks after my dad's order.

Four months later of endless forum reading and excited Porsche chatting with my dad, we discovered our cars were both completed and on the same ship, the Auriga Leader! What luck! But, hold on a second, the cars were not delivered at the same time to the dealership. Boo! Mine arrived first and then about a week later, my dad's Boxster arrived. Since this is a once (maybe more...I hope) in a life time occurrence, I postponed my instant gratification in order to be able to take delivery at the same time as my dad. Lots of meditating and ignoring the 991's faint distant calls to me.

The wait was well worth it though and I will cherish the memory forever! Both cars were in the showroom early Thursday morning in all their sexy German glory. We were ecstatic! Also, my mom and wife joined us too and helped document the day which I really appreciated. Back to the cars. His is a mahogany brown Boxster with sport design steering wheel, folding side mirrors, sport plus seats, parking assist, 19 inch rims, and full leather interior. What a baller. Mine is an agate grey C2S with sport design steering wheel, parking assist, and folding side mirrors. Not many options, but plenty for me.

We each met with our respective SA, listened to the introduction talk about the cars and settled the financial aspects of the deal. The cars were pulled out of the dealership front doors and we just stared and examined our new babies in the natural Pacific North West sunlight(it was overcast). Simply stunning cars and almost overwhelming to look at when parked next to each other. Firing up the 991 for the first time was a treat. I enjoyed the initial start up roar of the stock exhaust! It sent shivers down my back. We packed up our goodies from the dealership, adjusted the mirrors, said our goodbyes to the SA's and left the dealership with wide grins!

The 991 C2S, is a totally different beast than my 987 CR. But, in a good way. I favor the softer ride, more power, luxurious interior, and the practicality of the mini human rear seats. As far as the appearance, both cars are dang sexy and I like both.

I am very happy and fortunate to be able to share my passion for Porsches with my dad and I know we are going to do it right this time versus with the Corvettes. Although this is a very expensive hobby that may not make sense to non-car people, the quality time and memories that we get to share are priceless. We have already upgraded my garage space for the 991 and did some detailing on his car together! We hope to do many long distance PNW road trips as well. Fun times! Enough writing, time to go drive Porsches with my dad!

Attached Images       

Last edited by DreamR; 05-03-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
dreamr
epic is an understatement! what a great experience to share, thank you! enjoy the time and camaraderie with your pops and drive the heck out of those gorgeous cars.... cheers!

Old 05-04-2013, 12:32 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
I'd have to live vicariously through you. So nice that you can be such great friends w/ your dad and that you both share this love in cars.

All the best.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Such things happen for a reason. Thanks for sharing this great story and congrats on your first 911! Wish you both to enjoy in good health.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:34 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Great story and beautiful cars. Enjoy!

Old 05-04-2013, 02:18 AM
White991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really nice
This is epic orgasm! ...... I hope I can do similar with my sons 1 day. Very nice story.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Just wonderful for you both to be able to do this. Well done for being patient on your delivery.

Thank you for sharing.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:50 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Get dad some clear markers for Father's Day!

Old 05-04-2013, 05:37 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Feel good story of the month! Enjoy the cars and each other and drive in good health!

Old 05-04-2013, 05:54 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Dreamr, i thoroughly enjoyed your story. Hats off to you, class act !

Last edited by bccars; 05-04-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Great story. We bought our 991 after selling our Corvettes to do father son outings with our son who has a Caymen S. First outing was with the PCA to a track day at Daytona. Enjoy your new toys and the time together.

Last edited by Gene G; 05-04-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:07 AM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
Great story! Must be nice to share a passion with your dad like that. May you both enjoy your cars in good health!

Old 05-04-2013, 06:37 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Great story dreamr! Both my guys (now in their 40s) love 911s also, but can't seem to bring themselves to buy one so they just come visit and ask for the keys the moment they get here!

ChuckJ
PS Well, it brings them and the grandkids back so there's that!

Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
What a great day to spend with your pop.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Awesome story and experience! It reminds me that all these nice material things are worthless without family and people we love to share them with.

Congrats to you both!

Edwin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Epic Double Delivery