make brake/gas pedal easier to press?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 04:38 PM
onapex is infamous around these parts
make brake/gas pedal easier to press?

due to some physical injuries I find it difficult to really press hard on the brake and gas pedals. is there something I can do to make it easier to press?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:30 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onapex
due to some physical injuries I find it difficult to really press hard on the brake and gas pedals. is there something I can do to make it easier to press?
I'm surprised as I think the brakes are very sensitive! I hope you have PDK!

If you are fatiguing your right leg, you might try using the cruise control and adjusting speed by pushing forward on the cruise control lever once for each 1 mile per hour you want to increase and pull once for a 1 mile per hour decrease. Short of that, you may have to get hand controls put in.

ChuckJ

Old 05-13-2013, 07:07 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
I think there may be springs within the pedal assembly. There is a spring in most clutch peddles at least. Try having a shop swap out those springs for softer ones. Besides that I agree on getting hand controls. I remember hearing of a guy who lost his legs and put hand controls in a 458 Italia.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 AM
cosanchez is infamous around these parts
My wife is not very tall. I put in a clutch extender for her. This helps her sit a little bit further back from the wheel and also means her leg is bent when using the clutch. There are similar set ups for the brake and throttle you can find on the Internet. Maybe that helps