My build: Finalizing it soon. Opinions please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2013 | 09:30 AM
|
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
My build: Finalizing it soon. Opinions please

Ok. I've been trying to finalizing my options on my C2S build for a while now. Months :-) I've nailed it down to spending around 120k MSRP. What do you guys think:

911 Carrera S $98,900

BOSEŽ Audio Package P3H $2,120

Premium Package (for use with Power Sport Seats) P3D $620

Exterior Color Basalt Black Metallic Z4 $710

Interior Color Black standard interiorAG $0

Exterior ParkAssist (front and rear) 636 $990

Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) 603 $0

Sport Exhaust System 176 $2,950

Sport Chrono Package 640 $2,370

PASM Sport Suspension 030 $890

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250 $4,080

20-inch Carrera Classic wheel 427 $1,170
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest 446 $185

Seat belts in Guards Red XSX $540

Smoking package 583 $0

Power Sport Seats (14-way) P06 $2,320

SportDesign steering wheel 840 $490

Total Price = $119,285

Only unanswered questions: LED Lighting. Seems pretty cool and modern, 5mm spacers: are they really worth 500 bucks?

I said no to: PDCC, Power electric steering, multifunction steering wheel.

Attached Images  
Old 05-29-2013 | 10:13 AM
yxc145 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frank69m
Ok. I've been trying to finalizing my options on my C2S build for a while now. Months :-) I've nailed it down to spending around 120k MSRP. What do you guys think:

911 Carrera S $98,900

BOSEŽ Audio Package P3H $2,120

Premium Package (for use with Power Sport Seats) P3D $620

Exterior Color Basalt Black Metallic Z4 $710

Interior Color Black standard interiorAG $0

Exterior ParkAssist (front and rear) 636 $990

Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) 603 $0

Sport Exhaust System 176 $2,950

Sport Chrono Package 640 $2,370

PASM Sport Suspension 030 $890

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250 $4,080

20-inch Carrera Classic wheel 427 $1,170
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest 446 $185

Seat belts in Guards Red XSX $540

Smoking package 583 $0

Power Sport Seats (14-way) P06 $2,320

SportDesign steering wheel 840 $490

Total Price = $119,285

Only unanswered questions: LED Lighting. Seems pretty cool and modern, 5mm spacers: are they really worth 500 bucks?

I said no to: PDCC, Power electric steering, multifunction steering wheel.
I would skip color center cap(you can get those on ebay for $20), Sport design steering wheel, Carrera Classic wheels (because Like the regular Carrera wheels), and maybe not the color seat belt (also personal preference).
I will switch Premium package to Premium Package Plus because i regret not having keyless entry and start. After driving two cars with that feature, I really regret not having it with the Porsche.

Old 05-29-2013 | 10:53 AM
op487062 is infamous around these partsop487062 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yxc145
I would skip color center cap(you can get those on ebay for $20), Sport design steering wheel, Carrera Classic wheels (because Like the regular Carrera wheels), and maybe not the color seat belt (also personal preference).
I will switch Premium package to Premium Package Plus because i regret not having keyless entry and start. After driving two cars with that feature, I really regret not having it with the Porsche.
I agree with everything he said. Especially if Premium Plus isn't much more (forgot hoe much extra)

Old 05-29-2013 | 11:18 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
I think you have all the right stuff. Sport PASM, PSE and PDK are a fantastic combination. PLDS and interior lighting upgrades are things I would not understand if I did not have them. But I love them. Vented seats are also a useful delight.

Personally, I would get the standard 20 in wheels (which I think are called Carrera classics), forgo the sport plus seats (given how good the standard 14 way seats are) and reach a bit for leather interior and premium plus to get keyless entry. The stitching has a subtle contrast - even non deviated- and the warm leather feel along with the bright door trim to match the sport wheel and dash really add a lot to everyday enjoyment.

I have the 5 mm spacers and with the Sport PASM lowering the stance is just perfect- good enough to get second looks when it is next to a 991 without them.

Old 05-29-2013 | 11:21 AM
|
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Here is a pic of the LEDs which I'm still contemplating:

Not sure if the 4 beams are encircled in that light similar to the BMW eyes. I'm guessing this is in Parking light mode and not with the full lights on which I would like to see...

Attached Images  
Old 05-29-2013 | 11:28 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by frank69m
Here is a pic of the LEDs which I'm still contemplating:

Not sure if the 4 beams are encircled in that light similar to the BMW eyes. I'm guessing this is in Parking light mode and not with the full lights on which I would like to see...
I think they look fantastic and really would set your car apart. They would sure tempt me- but really not out of most of your other choices. To me the ones I feel and see while driving are the most essential.

Porsche has made it complicated with the 991S because it stretches the sport and luxury envelope in both directions! If shaving initial cost is psychologically essential, forgo the really easy to add items (spacers, wheel badges) to rationalize stretching. Or consider that they cost the price a few bad meals at good restaurants and get them!

Last edited by chuckbdc; 05-29-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-29-2013 | 11:46 AM
gulrey22 has a spectacular aura aboutgulrey22 has a spectacular aura about
Carreras Classic wheels look very different from the standard Carerra wheels in my view. It is quite important that you get wheels that you like as they are a major part of the look for the car.

I would skip the red seat belts as they really can't be seen and don't go with the color's you selected in my view.

Old 05-29-2013 | 12:30 PM
From: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I think it's a great build but agree that the Premium Plus that costs $2330 is well worth the extra money. It includes a lot of very useful features that you'll regret not having, IMO:

Premium Package Plus (for use with Power Sport Seats)
Includes:
Automatically dimming mirrors
Interior and exterior mirrors dim their reflectivity automatically when the driver could be blinded e.g. by a following vehicle’s headlights
Seat Heating (front)
Electric heating of front seats with 3 levels of adjustment
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Dynamic cornering lights, speed-dependent headlight range control, adverse weather function and headlight washer system
Seat Ventilation (front)
Electric ventilation of front seats with 3 levels of adjustment
Porsche Entry & Drive
Vehicle locking and unlocking as well as engine start without active use of the key, system comprises cabin and external antennas as well as proximity sensors in the door handles and in the front end
Light Design Package
Additional dimmable ambient LED lighting in overhead console, in area of door handles, door storage compartment, rear seats and footwell for driver and front passenger
Power Sport Seats (14-way)
Driver and front passenger seats with electric adjustment of
- seat backrest
- seat height
- fore/aft position
- seat cushion inclination
- seat cushion depth
- 4-way lumbar support
Includes driver memory and electric height and fore/aft adjustment of steering column

Old 05-29-2013 | 12:46 PM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
I did the same build with a few exceptions you may consider.
I would add PDCC (especially for those So. Calif. canyon roads), it also lowers the car another 10mm. I added spacers (dealer heavily discounted them just before the freeze period began on the order), and I chose MT over PDK. I know that's just my preference. Lastly, I chose basic black, which is really black, not basalt. I found that basalt looked a little "dusty" in strong light and also more heavily contrasted with the bottom of the mirrors and grills than basic black. Actually the 991 in the picture looks like it's basic black not basalt-maybe just the lighting?. Oh yes, two more things 1. ...clear side markers, 2. No to LED's/ They aren't worth the difference in cost with the highly effective and white light appearing Xenons.
Good luck with it!

Last edited by lrattner; 05-29-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2013 | 01:04 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Great build. I agree about premium plus except I don't love the entry and drive. You need to carry the key anyway and the few times I have allowed the car to be valet parked, the had no idea how to start it with the fake key. It should just be a button - on the left for tradition sake if you must, but a button. Vented seats are very nice especially in an all black car! 14 way seats is plenty.

I like PDCC, but it will crimp your budget. I also like the LEDs. But, you are driving and never get to see them and they are expensive ( and if I read a comment elsewhere correctly they are on back order which could delay your build - check with your dealer)

The wheels, belts and that stuff is all your taste, none of it is bad, it would be a fabulous car almost no matter what you select. It is easy to get sucked in, I think you can leather wrap the entire car, including the tires, for a price.

Old 05-29-2013 | 02:13 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
I like what you have going there, except the Bose is not worth $2300 over the base stereo. I would also add full leather, front seat ventilation, adaptive sports seats, and possibly the Alcantara Sport Design Steering wheel.

Old 05-29-2013 | 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by gulrey22
Carreras Classic wheels look very different from the standard Carerra wheels in my view. It is quite important that you get wheels that you like as they are a major part of the look for the car.

I would skip the red seat belts as they really can't be seen and don't go with the color's you selected in my view.
I had the names wrong- Fully agree with the above.

Old 05-29-2013 | 05:54 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Nice build mate. Keyless entry and drive is not a necessity had it for years and now I am not bothered. The only thing I look back and say maybe is a full leather interior and I do love my glass sunroof and ventilated seats... As you can tell this is very personal to everyone, so in essence you have go on your gut.

Old 05-29-2013 | 10:07 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
My potential build at your price is nearly identical except my wheels would be the standard wheel (mine platinum on a white car), no park assist , and premium package PLUS .

As for the LED . they look cool .. but in South Florida I had my entire front end torn off by light theives on my 996 in 2003 and again in 2005 on my launch 997S ... from that point forward .. cheap lights on my cars .

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-29-2013 at 10:11 PM.