View Poll Results: What Color Is Your Car?
Red
8.90%
White
18.22%
Black
16.53%
Yellow
4.24%
Silver
19.92%
Gray
12.29%
Brown
2.97%
Blue
13.56%
Other
3.39%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: What Color Is Your 991?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I'm bad about going off-topic but since we're on the subject of brown...this is my DD I bought last December, my third GTC. The color is "Gazelle" and I think mine is the only GTC in the country in this color.

Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2013, 08:35 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
wow..hard to take eyes away from that beauty. Very nice and thank you for sharing.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:28 AM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Mods: Any chance that this poll can be made a Sticky? It would be interesting to see what the color distribution is and it would sure be easier for newcomers to cast their vote if it were a sticky and not buried.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:31 AM
bluepr0 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Mods: Any chance that this poll can be made a Sticky? It would be interesting to see what the color distribution is and it would sure be easier for newcomers to cast their vote if it were a sticky and not buried.
+1 it should please!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Interestingly, the colors of the 1690 new 991s in dealer inventories right now aren't in the same ratio as on this forum, which indicates to me that we simply have too small a sampling so far. All the more reason this poll needs to be seen and responded to by all forum members so that we can get a better idea as to what colors sell well and in what proportions.

BTW, the "Other" category is made up of colors listed by their Porsche name, thus "Anthracite" would not be classified under Gray or Brown and "Basalt" wouldn't be listed under Black, etc.

Exterior Color
Black (483)
Blue (119)
Brown (19)
Gray (135)
Red (102)
Silver (260)
White (289)
Yellow (10)
Other (273)

Old 06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
White & Silver are tied as the most popular color. Surely there are members who haven't voted yet so let's keep this thread going.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Expect212 is infamous around these parts
I got the basic black and love it. It is always dirty but from afar it looks clean

Old 06-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Considering the fact that a poll asking What is Your Age has garnered more than twice the response than my poll about color, I figure I've got to keep it as high as possible and on the first page so as to keep getting attention from members who haven't responded yet.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:33 AM
There are definitely different folks over here than there are at the other 991 forum. Many of us frequent both but apparently some only hang around here because the numbers by color are very different. Interesting...

Old 06-08-2013, 06:11 PM
There are definitely different folks over here than there are at the other 991 forum. Many of us frequent both but apparently some only hang around here because the numbers by color are very different. Interesting...

Old 06-09-2013, 11:43 AM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Interestingly, the colors of the 1690 new 991s in dealer inventories right now......
Is there somewhere you can obtain data like that without tallying up the inventories from each dealer's site throughout the country?

If that's what you did, I'm impressed by the time you invested.

If there's a site that consolidates the entire USA inventory by option and color, PLEASE share it, and yes, I'm still impressed.

Oh, and I'm quite happy with my ever changing hue, known as platinum silver.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:51 AM
It's simple: Go to Cars.com and input your choices. What you'll get is this page below. On the left just open the colors section and voila!

Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2013, 11:31 PM
khan is infamous around these parts
991s

[IMG]
965102_10151408878362751_70514521_o by khanpppk, on Flickr[/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2013, 11:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Considering the fact that a poll asking What is Your Age has garnered more than twice the response than my poll about color, I figure I've got to keep it as high as possible and on the first page so as to keep getting attention from members who haven't responded yet.
It's been my observations (about cars in general) that the basic colors like black,white.red and silver tend to add resale value over a trendy color . That's not to say that it would stop me from ordering a mexico blue Gt3 or an orange Turbo (two off beat colors i have contemplated in past).

I happen to like the way white shows the lines of a 991 . I also feel that platinum gives a C4S an almost spaceship type of appearance which i love . I have bought 4 of my 9 Porsche 911 cars in black ,one in white and one in silver . My choice on a 911 might be different than on a cayeene or a other Porsche vehicle . In short I pick a color for that specific car .

I also consider other factors with a car color choice . For example a car on a track in a wild bright color is different than on a public road . A car color choice in a city setting where it matches the buildings or landscape might even be considered . I even pick a color that i feel matches my complexion or the types of colors that i commonly wear in my clothes .

Old 06-10-2013, 12:26 AM
khan is infamous around these parts
I agree that color of the car depends what you want to do with it and how everything blends in.

porsche 007 by khanpppk, on Flickr

Originally Posted by yrralis1
It's been my observations (about cars in general) that the basic colors like black,white.red and silver tend to add resale value over a trendy color . That's not to say that it would stop me from ordering a mexico blue Gt3 or an orange Turbo (two off beat colors i have contemplated in past).

I happen to like the way white shows the lines of a 991 . I also feel that platinum gives a C4S an almost spaceship type of appearance which i love . I have bought 4 of my 9 Porsche 911 cars in black ,one in white and one in silver . My choice on a 911 might be different than on a cayeene or a other Porsche vehicle . In short I pick a color for that specific car .

I also consider other factors with a car color choice . For example a car on a track in a wild bright color is different than on a public road . A car color choice in a city setting where it matches the buildings or landscape might even be considered . I even pick a color that i feel matches my complexion or the types of colors that i commonly wear in my clothes .

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll: What Color Is Your 991?