Photos & spec of my new 991S Coupe (7MT, GT Silver, Black/Beige leather interior)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:36 PM
tahoe_joe has a spectacular aura abouttahoe_joe has a spectacular aura about
Photos & spec of my new 991S Coupe (7MT, GT Silver, Black/Beige leather interior)

Hi All,
With much pleasure I’m proud to post photos of my new car. I want to thank everybody here for all of their help in giving me feedback on my build – I’ve learned a lot from this forum.

Specifications:
Exterior Color - GT Silver
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche crest
Power Sport Seats (14 way) - leather seats
Leather interior in Black/Luxor Beige
Premium Package Plus
Bose Audio Package
Park assist front and rear
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Sunroof in glass
PASM Sport Suspension
Multi-function steering wheel
Steering column casing in leather
Porsche crest on headrests
Instrument dials in black
Sport Exhaust (PSE)
Deviating carpets (black)
Smoking package

Timeline:
  • Ordered in January
  • Car was born (in Germany) on March 29th
  • Arrived at the dealer on May 15th (California)
  • Picked it up a week ago

I’ve had the car for a week and put ~200 miles on it. The car is currently with Premier Mobile in Fremont, where it’s getting some clear wrap and window tint.

Some initial thoughts, keeping in mind that this is my first Porsche, I’ve only had it one week, and I’m on chapter 3 of the manual (so lots to learn):
  • Thrilled with the car overall – performance and luxury combination is fantastic.
  • Very happy I got PSE. The car is very different in Sport mode with PSE on. I’ve realized it’s pointless to have the stereo on with this combination. So it’s either non-Sport, no PSE, and music; or Sport and PSE.
  • The Bose system seems to be as disappointing as people on the boards make it out to be. I am not an audiophile and just figured how bad can a $2500 stereo upgrade be. Reality is, it’s disappointing. The premium audio in my 6 year old BMW 335i is better.
  • The one option I seriously considered but did not get is sport chrono (remember I have a manual). I’m glad I didn’t get it. Happy to do my own rev-matching on downshifts and don’t like the view of the clock on the dashboard. All personal.
  • Really like the richness of the interior. I went full leather and am really happy. The Black/Beige is an awesome combination. The black really sets off the beige – ultra rich. The beige is going to be a huge pain to keep clean, I can tell already.
  • Disappointed so far with the multi-function steering wheel. Seems like there’s a lot of stuff I can’t do with the multi-function wheel, and instead have to go to the main PCM screen (top two on my lists so far is navigating through pre-set radio stations and changing ipod playlists – if the multi-function wheel is capable and I don’t know how to do it, please share)
  • Love the GT Silver. I was going to get Platinum Silver but my wife convinced me that the color is the one option you use/see every day, so better put some money into getting that right. She was right!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2521small.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	419.5 KB
ID:	247957   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2525small.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	247958   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2526small.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	247959   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2527small.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	247960   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2528small.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	503.3 KB
ID:	247961  

Old 06-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Few more photos.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2529small.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	247968   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2530small.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	247970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2531small.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	247971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2533small.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	247972   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2534small.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	247973  

Old 06-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
It's drop dead gorgeous! Drive it in the best of health and safety.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:24 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Congratulations! The car looks great; enjoy it!

Old 06-02-2013, 05:26 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Looks sharp.
Our order and completion dates were similar, I'm still waiting on the car though.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:46 PM
deeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nice
two tone interior is boss. whats up with the rear deck/spoiler? doesn't seem closed/flush??

Old 06-02-2013, 06:14 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
She is a beauty, nice color combo...

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Old 06-02-2013, 06:28 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
A most beautiful car. Just love it, great choices joe!

Old 06-02-2013, 07:07 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Very, very nice.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:25 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful combination. CONGRATS!!

Old 06-02-2013, 07:27 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car! Enjoy and drive it in good health!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
That really is striking - congrats and enjoy

(via 6SpeedOnline iOS)

Old 06-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by deeznutz
two tone interior is boss. whats up with the rear deck/spoiler? doesn't seem closed/flush??
You are absolutely correct. I was playing around with the spoiler switch in the ****pit and have not yet mastered. i needed to turn the car on/off to get it flush, and only noticed it after taking the photos myself.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:44 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
What's not to like about ANYTHING wearing GT Silver ? (my favorite Porsche color)...

BEAUTIFUL. Congrats!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:10 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Wonderful color combo. Drive it in good health!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Photos & spec of my new 991S Coupe (7MT, GT Silver, Black/Beige leather interior)