991 50th anniversary model

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:15 AM
nephew is infamous around these parts
Build dates?

Does anyone know when Porsche will start building these cars? For those of you that have purchased and have submitted a build, do you have a committed build-week yet?

I'm asking because I left a deposit with my dealer (he claims that I am first on this dealer's list), but I haven't heard anything else and I see that others have actually submitted a build. Have allocations been given out to US dealers yet? Thanks.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:33 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nephew
Does anyone know when Porsche will start building these cars? For those of you that have purchased and have submitted a build, do you have a committed build-week yet?

I'm asking because I left a deposit with my dealer (he claims that I am first on this dealer's list), but I haven't heard anything else and I see that others have actually submitted a build. Have allocations been given out to US dealers yet? Thanks.
September is the start of the build and yes build week is committed for confirmed order. Production will not be in order of limitation number as the number clearly can be reserved.

US requested 1K allocation initially but not sure how many actually been released nor given out to dealers.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:30 AM
MacAna is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pyramid
Out of how many slotted for Switzerland? Even if 50 in total, I'll say it is very bad.
FYI, only 11 for Australia, 3 each for Singapore and Indonesia.
Are those numbers the slots that were made available or number of total sales so far in those countries?

Old 07-05-2013, 05:37 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MacAna
Are those numbers the slots that were made available or number of total sales so far in those countries?
The slots that were made available.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
The "nuevo fuchs" are the deal breaker for me. Love to houndstooth and all - just not those faux fuchs.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:05 AM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by EricP
The "nuevo fuchs" are the deal breaker for me. Love to houndstooth and all - just not those faux fuchs.
The wheels are a big question in my mind, as are the two gray colors. Your color combination is better than what's being offered, IMO.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:43 PM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
black 50th

Here is a short series of the black 50th

http://www.autogespot.nl/porsche-991...013/09/12#img1

This really is THE color of the 3. I'm starting to like it now !
Whereas I hated it in the other 2 colors !

Old 09-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bccars
Here is a short series of the black 50th

http://www.autogespot.nl/porsche-991...013/09/12#img1

This really is THE color of the 3. I'm starting to like it now !
Whereas I hated it in the other 2 colors !
Couldn't agree more ...THE BEST black 991 till date!!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 01:38 AM
dr bit is infamous around these parts
I'm so glad I went for my original choice CS2

Old 09-19-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm so glad I went for my initial choice cs2

Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I don't care for the nuevo fuchs. And while I like black a lot - the OG gray was nice. THe VERY light deviated stiching on the doors/dash/seats is lovely. Really pops and gives it that retro-feel

Someone at the dealership told me that the 50th is actually a touch wider than the C4s in the hips - but not as wide as the turbo - is this true or false? I had thought it was just a C4s flare.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EricP
I don't care for the nuevo fuchs. And while I like black a lot - the OG gray was nice. THe VERY light deviated stiching on the doors/dash/seats is lovely. Really pops and gives it that retro-feel Someone at the dealership told me that the 50th is actually a touch wider than the C4s in the hips - but not as wide as the turbo - is this true or false? I had thought it was just a C4s flare.
It's not wider... It's actually the C4 body, so exactly as wide as a C4(S) Instead of the lightbar there is that chrome accent. You also get the rocker panels from the C4 body.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Suzy991
It's not wider... It's actually the C4 body, so exactly as wide as a C4(S) Instead of the lightbar there is that chrome accent. You also get the rocker panels from the C4 body.
Yep - that was what I originally thought - thanks for clearing that up.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Suzy991
That chrome accent and the seats are my fav parts of the car. Of course the wide body too. Did you change your order for a 50 th anniv?

Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dr bit
That chrome accent and the seats are my fav parts of the car. Of course the wide body too. Did you change your order for a 50 th anniv?
My first order was a C4S and changed that in the 991-50 when I saw the announcement of that car. When I saw the car in person, I canceled and changed back to the C4S again... When that one arrives, it's a year after my first order LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 50th anniversary model