991 50th anniversary model

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Fester

Like the color!
Love that color as well!!!

Old 06-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
If I were ordering a 911_50, that is the color I'd choose. However, I'm not a fan of the wheels. These are the wheels I'd want which are retro but very cool, IMO:

Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2013, 11:17 PM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
That's a bold color, for sure. The Anniversary car is being produced in three colors. I don't know if Porsche would do one with a paint-to-suit color, but I think it would be unlikely.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:17 AM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I don't quite get why Porsche chose a light gray, a dark gray and a black only for this special edition. GT Silver dates back to even pre-1963 as do Guards Red and Carrera White, all of which would go nicely with the interior.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:47 AM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I don't quite get why Porsche chose a light gray, a dark gray and a black only for this special edition. GT Silver dates back to even pre-1963 as do Guards Red and Carrera White, all of which would go nicely with the interior.
That's a very good question because all three of those colors are classic Porsche. Fortunately, I think the graphite will be both stunning and understated at the same time. In the German video that Suzy posted a link to the paint on the car looks thick -- like it has 8 coats of lacquer. The vintage car in that video looks great, too. For my taste, it has the beauty of black without the maintenance. Years ago I had a great looking MB 450 SLC in anthracite metallic with red leather. I bought it from Steven Tyler with very low mileage. The Anniversary car in graphite with red would look great, too.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:31 PM
DDS39 is infamous around these parts
Old 06-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Thanks for postng!
Strangely both colors look nice in this video. But in person, inside, they both looked different. Could have been the lighting of course. Unfortunatly I didn 't have the chance to see them in daylight. I'm still not 100% sure....
Wish I was easier on deciding which color I like for a car...

Suzy991

Old 06-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post on 6speed. After reading almost all of 991 posts here, I've decided .... this is my next car. I am proud owner of 997.1 Targa 4S MY2008. I drove all 991 models: base, s, 4 and 4s. this is my configuration 991 50 anniversary. ETA 26 WEEKS...

Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Thanks for postng!
Strangely both colors look nice in this video. But in person, inside, they both looked different. Could have been the lighting of course. Unfortunatly I didn 't have the chance to see them in daylight. I'm still not 100% sure....
Wish I was easier on deciding which color I like for a car...

Suzy991
I think this color looks insane, it's totally different from what porsche out of 1963 so far .... it's a matter of taste, but I really like it

Old 06-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Suzy, Suzy, whatcha goin' do? The clock is ticking....

Old 06-23-2013, 01:32 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I personally like the graphite gray. The geyser gray is also nice. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for the lighter geyer and contrast is with the dark interior. It is beginning to grow on me, was not crazy about it at first, but now beginning to really like it.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Suzy, Suzy, whatcha goin' do? The clock is ticking....
I'll visit my Porsche dealer tomorrow. I think I'm going to cancel the 911-50. I have too many doubts about the color and when I think rational about the car itself, It's regrettable to buy the car and only drive at most 3500 miles a year in it. If I was a carcollector I would definitly get it, but I guess I first have to work a bit harder to achieve that. (and get a bigger garage too. Now there's only place for three cars)
So I think I'll order just one for now as a daily driver and after that we'll see if we buy another one or something else as a second car.

Suzy991

Old 06-23-2013, 01:47 PM
I think it's a good decision, Suzy. Once the infatuation wears off, it's still just a car. Color is uber-important, IMO, so if none of the colors really speak to you, best to cool off and wait until you become truly smitten again.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 PM
I think it's a good decision, Suzy. Once the infatuation wears off, it's still just a car. Color is uber-important, IMO, so if none of the colors really speak to you, best to cool off and wait until you become truly smitten again.
Maybe I should plan to go for the 75th Anniversary edition (MY 2039) just have to pray that it isn't some kind of hybrid I guess!

Suzy991

Old 06-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Maybe I should plan to go for the 75th Anniversary edition (MY 2039) just have to pray that it isn't some kind of hybrid I guess!

Suzy991
Just curious, what's your current take on Graphite? If I recall correctly, in one of your initial posts you rather liked it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 50th anniversary model