Black Car Loves Menzerna Sealant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Black Car Loves Menzerna Sealant

Okay, you all know by now that I'm nuts when it comes to the finish of my car. I've wasted a ton of money on products and feel I can save others from making the same mistakes.

I'm finally knocking on Nirvana's gate.

The car has been sitting and was full of pollen. I wanted it ready for the Bear Mountain cruise tomorrow evening and decided to clean it.

I washed it with deionized water, blew it dry with the electric leaf blower, and applied the Menzerna sealant in seventy minutes.

Here are the results:

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant 16oz : Amazon.com : Automotive Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant 16oz : Amazon.com : Automotive

The Menzerna looks great, and if it lasts as long as it did on my former red ZO6, it'll be a winner. I'll keep you all posted.

Attached Images     
Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! That looks amazing!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
looks great...they make good stuff.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow!! Really Nice!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 PM
SilverSled is infamous around these parts
Griot's?

How would you compare it to Griot's Paint Sealant? I've used that for years with great results on black cars, but it's not perfect. The Menzerna, looks perfect. I've used Menzerna's Super Intensive Polish and Super Finish Polish on a black AMG and the results were spectacular. I have a black 991 C2S on order. Should I just go all in with Menzerna?

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Rapture1 is infamous around these parts
Is the product specific to dark cars, or will it work equally well on light or silver cars?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Looks super! Well done and thanks for posting.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
RIndy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
Okay, you all know by now that I'm nuts when it comes to the finish of my car. I've wasted a ton of money on products and feel I can save others from making the same mistakes.

I'm finally knocking on Nirvana's gate.

The car has been sitting and was full of pollen. I wanted it ready for the Bear Mountain cruise tomorrow evening and decided to clean it.

I washed it with deionized water, blew it dry with the electric leaf blower, and applied the Menzerna sealant in seventy minutes.

Here are the results:

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant 16oz : Amazon.com : Automotive

The Menzerna looks great, and if it lasts as long as it did on my former red ZO6, it'll be a winner. I'll keep you all posted.
Spectacular results. I'm with you on 2 out of 3. I use griots wax on my basalt black. It shouldn't last as long as your sealant, otherwise could you comment on any other differences

Attached Images     
Old 06-04-2013, 10:36 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
If this is the Menzerna Power Lock - Try Blackfire sealant. I have both and find that Blackfire Sealant goes on easier, comes off easier, looks just as shiny and lasts longer.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Blackfi...P205/16-oz-S1/

Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SilverSled
How would you compare it to Griot's Paint Sealant? I've used that for years with great results on black cars, but it's not perfect. The Menzerna, looks perfect. I've used Menzerna's Super Intensive Polish and Super Finish Polish on a black AMG and the results were spectacular. I have a black 991 C2S on order. Should I just go all in with Menzerna?

Thanks!
I also had nice results with that same combination when I took delivery of my badly swirled ZO6. The Intensive Polish worked, but the dust was a nuisance.

When I needed to correct this car (dealership clowns really messed it up), I went with Meguiar's professional line: ultra-cut compound 105 and Ultra finishing Polish 205. Amazing stuff!

Originally Posted by kitw
If this is the Menzerna Power Lock - Try Blackfire sealant. I have both and find that Blackfire Sealant goes on easier, comes off easier, looks just as shiny and lasts longer. /
I tried the Blackfire and didn't see the same results as you did.

The Menzerna actually went on and off easier than ANY product I'd ever tried. Here's the secret: use a poly-foam applicator (DAMP). Apply the product to the entire car, then remove.

As far as the other question goes regarding Griot's sealant: I haven't had that much luck with their products.

I've found that the most important key to success is deionized water.

This unit works fantastic:

DI-120 Cr Spotless Water System : Amazon.com : Automotive DI-120 Cr Spotless Water System : Amazon.com : Automotive

Old 06-05-2013, 07:44 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Pete -- maybe I will trade with you after all! Nice!