Discount from total MSRP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 PM
gitongisip is infamous around these parts
Discount from total MSRP

I'm just wondering how much is the average discount off MSRP. For example if the car is in stock with MSRP of let say $118000.00, how much do you think is a reasonable discount that dealer will let go to earn your business? Of course before taxes & fees.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
5% is very common, 7% is pretty good, and I was stoked to get 8% off. Most of the time it depends on your location and if it is an order, or of the lot.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:48 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
5% on an ordered car. I can imagine 7-10% on cars in stock. Color is a definite factor in the amount of discount.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:53 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
5% is very common, 7% is pretty good, and I was stoked to get 8% off. Most of the time it depends on your location and if it is an order, or of the lot.
You got 8%. Was that off the lot? I doubt if a 2014 ordered right now they would give 8%

Old 06-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Mr.Boon is infamous around these parts
5% in europe.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by frank69m
You got 8%. Was that off the lot? I doubt if a 2014 ordered right now they would give 8%
It was a dealer trade, so yeah, basically it was off the lot. I agree, 8% on an ordered 2014 won't happen.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Tantura is infamous around these parts
I got 8% off when I ordered my 2013 in December to beat the price increase. No haggling at all. It was my first Porsche

Old 06-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tantura
I got 8% off when I ordered my 2013 in December to beat the price increase. No haggling at all. It was my first Porsche
That's a great deal.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Yea it was. That's the first time I've heard of anything over 7%.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:44 PM
bummedout is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tantura
I got a little over 8% off my 2013 order in October 2012. Unfortunately, I had to back out of the order just before the car arrived due to health issues. Based on my experience (I was first told "we don't discount Porsches like Hondas, Chevys, etc), you can get a healthy discount if you are willing to look far and wide and negotiate hard. I ended up getting a BMW 550 (four door and easier to get into and out of than a 911) and got a screaming deal on this car too. Lease will be up on 33 months so I will hopefully be able to shop for a new 911 at that time and won't settle for anything less than 8% off sticker on an order.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:44 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
My dealer sold the car for a little over 9% off. He discounted the car then sold options at cost. I bought the car a year ago and absolutely love driving and washing it.

Car was ordered from factory.

Before I visited that store I shopped at three others and was met with the "how much do you want to pay" question and lowball discounts. I did not play and walked out.

I saw one of the salesmen from the other stores at a Car and Coffee. He drove a boxster demo. He remembered me and that when I was shopping I thanked him for his time wouldn't play the game and just left. I suppose that someone else bought was he was selling. I wouldn't.

I wish I had a solution to this bullsh&t purchase problem but I don't.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:47 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
...just did the math. It was 7.8% off.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:39 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rnl
...just did the math. It was 7.8% off.
You got a good deal. I think the trick is, you gotta be willing to walk away. I set a price in my mind as to what I wanted to pay. If a dealer couldn't meet it, I walked away. There are a lot of dealers out there who want the business and willing to deal - you just have to find them. It is a lot of time time and effort, not easy, unless you get lucky. I wish I had this post earlier on so that I was in a better position to deal, and now that you know some of the ranges, it makes it easier to negotiate.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:19 AM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Just wondering if anyone from Canada can chime in on what discounts they were able to negotiate on a 991. I got a great deal on my 09 997.2 back then but not sure if I can get close to that on a 991.