Yes!! I'm in... twice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
Suzy991

Was!!! Kein Power Steering plus wie der andere Esel vorgeschlagen hatte?

Ich muss für uns Männer entschuldigen..
Never mind haha
I almost was convinced myself that I would need it before I tested the cars with and witout PSP

Aber doch sehr vielen dank für die entschuldigungen

Last edited by Suzy991; 06-12-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Before you buy two cars -- hear me out on this.

I realize that you feel that the 50 edition will be some sort of collectors car but that has not been the case with MOST of the recent limited editions . In fact the 40 anniversary actually took a huge depreciation hit but the difference is that it was launched at the END of the 996 cycle. So now Porsche is doing a reversal --they are launching a limited car at the beginning .

Think of all the recent limited cars --
997 black edition
997 GtS
997.2tt 918 edition
996 40 edition
ALL of them depreciated .

993 Turbo S -- went UP in value
It's true that the 993 Turbo S is worth MORE but that is only because the 993 Turbo only had a two year production and it was the last air cooled 911 which has a huge purist fan base .

Conclusion - Pick one of the two and drive it daily . If you love the 50 Edition then that's the one to get . Keep in mind that it will cost you significantly more to have the exclusive model both in terms of buying and when you go to sell it . Unless Switzerland market is very different than USA. It might be .
Keep the Q5 because it does have space and practicality .

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-12-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Sage advice, Yyralis. But Suzy has got "the itch" and once you get that it's hard to stop.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Suzy,
Congratulations on the order of 2 991s.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Before you buy two cars -- hear me out on this.

I realize that you feel that the 50 edition will be some sort of collectors car but that has not been the case with MOST of the recent limited editions . In fact the 40 anniversary actually took a huge depreciation hit but the difference is that it was launched at the END of the 996 cycle. So now Porsche is doing a reversal --they are launching a limited car at the beginning .

Think of all the recent limited cars --
997 black edition
997 GtS
997.2tt 918 edition
996 40 edition
ALL of them depreciated .

993 Turbo S -- went UP in value
It's true that the 993 Turbo S is worth MORE but that is only because the 993 Turbo only had a two year production and it was the last air cooled 911 which has a huge purist fan base .

Conclusion - Pick one of the two and drive it daily . If you love the 50 Edition then that's the one to get . Keep in mind that it will cost you significantly more to have the exclusive model both in terms of buying and when you go to sell it . Unless Switzerland market is very different than USA. It might be .
Keep the Q5 because it does have space and practicality .
Thanks for thinking with me. I agree with most of what you say, but maybe I have to explain my way of thinking a bit more. The 911_50 will not be a real collectors item. I realised that and it was not the reason I ordered the car. This car just has another kind of very personal meaning for me and it has to do with my brother who passed away 14 years ago. He was even more a Porsche addict than I am, but he never got the chance to own a Porsche. When I saw the 911_50, immediatly I got the feeling that that was the car he would have bought today if he was still alive. So that and the fact that I like the car myself very much, is the main reason that I changed my order from a C4S to the 911_50. There will never be the intention to sell the car. I don't want to drive daily, because it's just a to precious property for me.

The cab was initially an idea from my girlfriend after I ordered the 911_50.. We looked at other cars but couldn't find one that we liked more than the cab. So when I should decide to drive the 911_50 more than I intended, it's no wasted money on the cab, because she will drive it in that case. The Q5 isn't sold yet, so maybe we change that idea and sell the A3 instead. I don't know for sure yet. It is a practical car and it feels like it's made to last forever. Maybe I'll take your advice on that.

But I really appreciate the way you are thinking with me and I have to thank you for that. I like it a lot. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Sage advice, Yyralis. But Suzy has got "the itch" and once you get that it's hard to stop.
That's definitly true

Originally Posted by DBYT
Suzy,
Congratulations on the order of 2 991s.
Thank you very much

[Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline]

Old 06-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Suzy, it's clear that you've imbued the 911_50 with your brother's soul and have an enormous emotional attachment to it. I think that's really beautiful and applaud you for your thoughtfulness.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:04 PM
yxc145 is infamous around these parts
I wouldn't get two of the "almost" same car, if I were you.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:28 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Obviously car purcases are emotional . I don't know if you will hear the logic .

You are about to spend a lot of money to buy two cars at a young age .
It sounds like your brother was a great young man . In my opinion the greatest meaning of ones life is the positive impact left in his absense . In short it's not the 50 Porsche 911 .. but the loving memory that is of most value . Buying the car can't bring him back but at 25 years old that money put aside might buy 10 Porsches when you are 50.

It's just something to think about .
I wish you the best in whatever choice you make.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:45 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
I'd look for a classic 911 from the same year your brother was born, assuming that was between 63 and now. Of course if he was older than that you can always go 356.

All jealousy aside you're buying two cars that will drive basically the same, even if the looks and top are different.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Wow!!! First time Porsche owner...not one...but 2! And both awesome. Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics.

Rhodium silver with ext pkg painted will look fantastic - I'm so glad I got ext pkg painted option - that was a gamble but paid off really well. Only thing I'd suggest to think about Burmester...only if you are into music. IMO Burmester or base...nothing else! Congrats again!

PS: here're photos and config info of my C4S...it was a long excruciating process . https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ferrerid=71849

Last edited by Fester; 06-12-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Yes! dump the Bose and go to the base stereo. That will save you $3K, the Bose is a POS. In fact, my cousin who is an acoustical engineer on cars was appalled by the Bose, not because it is bad system, but because Porsche messed with it and made it a bad system to use as a selling point for the Burmester. My VW has the same Bose system as my 991 and it sounds far and away better than the 991's.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Suzy, it's clear that you've imbued the 911_50 with your brother's soul and have an enormous emotional attachment to it. I think that's really beautiful and applaud you for your thoughtfulness.
Thank you Jeff.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Obviously car purcases are emotional . I don't know if you will hear the logic .

You are about to spend a lot of money to buy two cars at a young age .
It sounds like your brother was a great young man . In my opinion the greatest meaning of ones life is the positive impact left in his absense . In short it's not the 50 Porsche 911 .. but the loving memory that is of most value . Buying the car can't bring him back but at 25 years old that money put aside might buy 10 Porsches when you are 50.

It's just something to think about .
I wish you the best in whatever choice you make.
Seriously... Since when do we females think logically?!

No, just kidding. I really thought about this over and over and I know exactly what you mean. I agree with you that it's not really the car that is most value, but the loving memory. It's just that I want this really bad, not only for myself but for him and for my mother too, because it gives me the good feeling of doing something for him in my mind. He would have wanted me to enjoy what I do.
I know it's not logic to buy two of almost the same cars at once. But that just happened to be the thing we both (my girlfriend and I) like most.
If I had only the sightest doubts that it wouldn't be affordable or it should get us in trouble, than I definitly wouldn't do it. Maybe time will prove it to be not the right choice... I don't know. But if I don't do it, I'll never know for sure. For now I feel it's just the right thing for us to do.

Allthought I appreciate your concerns. Thank you for that

Originally Posted by mattyf
I'd look for a classic 911 from the same year your brother was born, assuming that was between 63 and now. Of course if he was older than that you can always go 356.

All jealousy aside you're buying two cars that will drive basically the same, even if the looks and top are different.
I've thought about that. My brother was born in 1983 but his favourite 911 was in fact the 901. I looked for those cars, but if you want a very good restored car, you pay almost the same amount of money as a new 991. (At least here in Europe). Not being able to do any kind of maintainance and technical stuff myself on such an old car, held me back from going that way. I'm not sure that I would enjoy the ownership as much as I'd prefer to.

Originally Posted by Fester
Wow!!! First time Porsche owner...not one...but 2! And both awesome. Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics.

Rhodium silver with ext pkg painted will look fantastic - I'm so glad I got ext pkg painted option - that was a gamble but paid off really well. Only thing I'd suggest to think about Burmester...only if you are into music. IMO Burmester or base...nothing else! Congrats again!

PS: here're photos and config info of my C4S...it was a long excruciating process . https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ferrerid=71849
Thanks Fester!
You have a really nice car! We first went also for GT-Silver with Espresso interior and brown top, but in the end we decided to go for the brighter Rhodium with black interrior and black top.
The Burmester was already on our list with changes to make also because my girlfriend is a musician herself. You're right, it sounds absoltely magnificent. So Burmester it will be

Last edited by Suzy991; 06-13-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:36 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
How exciting for you.........I barely survived the excitement of getting 1 and driving it is still an endorphin injection. Post pics when it all comes together!!!

Old 06-13-2013, 05:47 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Nice homage to your brother.

Congrats on your P-cars as well as your successes and accomplishments at the tender age of 25. Of course, continued successes.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by trysixty
How exciting for you.........I barely survived the excitement of getting 1 and driving it is still an endorphin injection. Post pics when it all comes together!!!
Thank you very much! Hah, yes I have to admit that it is a very nice feeling and ne easily gets overexcited I'll post pics when it all comes together. Alltough I have to wait pretty long.

Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Nice homage to your brother.

Congrats on your P-cars as well as your successes and accomplishments at the tender age of 25. Of course, continued successes.
Thanks.
I've learned to take something positive out of every negative situation, so I found a kind of determination that helps me accomplish the things I want and that's what keeps me going... and of course, one also needs a bit of luck to be in the right place at the right time when having your own business.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yes!! I'm in... twice!