Yes!! I'm in... twice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Gentlemen! Please don't go blame eachother for being too serious or too sarcastic. SanibelSpeed is just protecting me, because he knows me probably a bit better than most here. I really appreciate that and I think it's sweet.
However... There are no reasons to unsubcribe or whatever. I can handle some sarcasm and just laugh about it.

I appreciate and respect every comment and thought that's given here, but I won't let it influence me to much, because I know pretty well what I want in life.

Now let's talk about cars, because in the end, that is just why we all are here. A joke here and there is not bad. Life is already serious enough most of the time.

Thank you... (Allways listen to the lady!!) LOL

[Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline]

Old 06-14-2013, 08:57 AM
MacAna is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Think of all the recent limited cars --
997 black edition
997 GtS
997.2tt 918 edition
996 40 edition
ALL of them depreciated .
Thanks for this... definitely has assisted me...

Just to clarify (and I know it's different in every geographic market), but I accept that all of the above depreciated, but did they do so at the same rate as the non-special-edition models? Did they depreciate less than the standard models or were they in fact even worse?

Suzy, as per the Rennlist forums, I offer you my congratulations... I must however concede that I'm logical like some of the others that have posted here and probably wouldn't do what you are doing, but I'm sure you know what you are doing and if you can afford it then enjoy!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:45 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I really do not understand why you are trying to talk her out of buying the cars she wants to buy. I am sure she has thought about this long and hard, and this not something she is doing on impulse. In fact she is doing this because it is something dear to her heart. Obviously, if she could not afford to do it, she wouldn't.
Since she did express the personal details which led to her purchase decision in an open forum anyone can reply . Not everyone will think the same way or reply in the same manner , That's posting !!

I am not going to justify , argue, defend, or explain my views but I do feel its bizarre to buy a car as a shrine . I believe that cherishing the loving memory of someone lost is what's most important in life but a car is junk a hunk of metal . Nothing more .

In fact there were other posters on this thread who commented "buy a Gt3" or (paraphrasing) "don't buy car X or y" but you chose to single my post out to coment that you "do not understand it" . My guess is that you probably never will

Old 06-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
C'mon, guys! Suzy and her partner know exactly what they want to drive so let's stop bickering over her choices or second guessing her motives or psychoanalyze her. There's a world of difference between buying a car as a tribute to a tragically lost brother and describing it as a 'shrine'.

Last edited by SanibelSpeed; 06-14-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:57 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Not for me: Nothing has changed since I was 16 as it relates to cars I loved then and love still today. That was the '60s and I didn't have a pot to **** in but now that I'm in my 60s I can finally indulge those passions. !
Just a minute Sanibel -- A 16 year old's views on anything lacks the cognitive development in place to even consent to an adult purchase .
Perhaps those cars that you liked at 16 led you to work hard and buy them at 60 but you did have to wait 44 years to do it and evaluate it with an adult (developed)thought process .

Old 06-14-2013, 05:09 PM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Just a minute Sanibel -- A 16 year old's views on anything lacks the cognitive development in place to even consent to an adult purchase .
Perhaps those cars that you liked at 16 led you to work hard and buy them at 60 but you did have to wait 44 years to do it and evaluate it with an adult (developed)thought process .
Actually, I bought my TR3 at age 16, then a '63 Corvette at age 18, and a Jaguar 3.8S Sedan at age 21. When my wife and I got married, we made a combined salary of $10,900 working for the Dade County School System and yet we somehow managed to buy a brand new, $5,100 Corvette from Potamkin. I've never been reasonable about cars but did put my passion on hold to raise two fine sons and put them into private school and Ivy League college. My first big purchase was in 1994 at age 48 when I bought a '61 E-Type OTS flat floor. The next year I bought a brand new F355 Ferrari.

If I could've afforded to buy amazing cars when I was Suzy's age, I would've.

I lived in the moment and it never bit me in the ***. I would never counsel someone Suzy's age and finances to postpone joy. It can all come apart in the blink of an eye, as she learned the hard way.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Actually, I bought my TR3 at age 16, then a '63 Corvette at age 18, and a Jaguar 3.8S Sedan at age 21. When my wife and I got married, we made a combined salary of $10,900 working for the Dade County School System and yet we somehow managed to buy a brand new, $5,100 Corvette from Potamkin. I've never been reasonable about cars but did put my passion on hold to raise two fine sons and put them into private school and Ivy League college. My first big purchase was in 1994 at age 48 when I bought a '61 E-Type OTS flat floor. The next year I bought a brand new F355 Ferrari.

If I could've afforded to buy amazing cars when I was Suzy's age, I would've.

I lived in the moment and it never bit me in the ***. I would never counsel someone Suzy's age and finances to postpone joy. It can all come apart in the blink of an eye, as she learned the hard way.
Ok .. it obviously worked out for you but you do realize that many have chosen a similar spending logic only to end up broke (or in debt).
Notice that most of my posts were not about the expense even though i do feel that most women will openly admit financial fears .

You bought those cars for yourself and drove them . What if her brother liked chocolate ? Would you tell her to buy a chocolate factory? Is it because you love cars that you shug it off moreso than if emotional reasoning led to buying the dreams of a 16 year old ? Or is there no logic boundary for you ?

Old 06-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !

Ok .. it obviously worked out for you but you do realize that many have chosen a similar spending logic only to end up broke (or in debt).
Notice that most of my posts were not about the expense even though i do feel that most women will openly admit financial fears .

You bought those cars for yourself and drove them . What if her brother liked chocolate ? Would you tell her to buy a chocolate factory? Is it because you love cars that you shug it off moreso than if emotional reasoning led to buying the dreams of a 16 year old ? Or is there no logic boundary for you ?

Don't worry about my financial situation... And I buy those cars also for myself. I'm the one who's driving. Buying them both has nothing to do with my brother, but with what I want.
Just said that the anniversary edition gave me that extra feeling that it was the car he would have bought when he was still alive. Even when that didn't happen in the past I probably would have bought those two cars.

Suzy991

Old 06-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Ok .. it obviously worked out for you but you do realize that many have chosen a similar spending logic only to end up broke (or in debt
PM sent.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:46 PM
carcam is infamous around these parts
Suzi- good for you! Great choices in cars and partners I share in your excitement. Some years ago my wife and i got same X5s one black and one white- we got so much grief from friends for similar reasons. But it made the most sense for us at the time. That's all that matters but thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by carcam
Suzi- good for you! Great choices in cars and partners I share in your excitement. Some years ago my wife and i got same X5s one black and one white- we got so much grief from friends for similar reasons. But it made the most sense for us at the time. That's all that matters but thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Thanks! glad to hear I'm not the only one. Almost made an appointment with a psychologist after all these comments here... Thought maybe there was something wrong with me after all... LOL

(Guys... That was a joke... Don't take it serious please)

Suzy991

Old 06-15-2013, 01:40 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Thanks! glad to hear I'm not the only one. Almost made an appointment with a psychologist after all these comments here... Thought maybe there was something wrong with me after all... LOL

(Guys... That was a joke... Don't take it serious please)

Suzy991

Old 06-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
A coworker of mine and her spouse drive the same cars..2 Chevy Volts...it's very common.