Leaf Blower damage...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Aranthir is infamous around these parts
Leaf Blower damage...

I've had my 991 for 5 days...and this morning some landscaper decides to take the leaf blower for a tour of the street.

I was parked on the street away from the grass with a planter area 3' wide between my car and the sidewalk. Next to the sidewalk is the grass that was cut sometime after I parked.

I came out an hour or so later and saw the leaf blower guy as he had just passed by where my car was parked. I didn't look since I was busy working.

Tonight as I left I noticed debris on my car but I wasn't surprised because I saw the leaf blower guy and knew he was "blowing"

What shocked my when I got home and looked at my hood was about 100 pock marks all in my hood. I'll have to check the windshield.

The road was recently stripped for resurfacing so there's a ton of loose gravel on the road. I'm just disappointed that this guy could do this.

He was using a backpack blower. I know those are powerful and I guess with the combination of pebbles it's easy enough to do the damage.

I'll post some clearer pics later...
ugh...watch where you park.

any ideas on a fix? cost of a repainted hood?

Attached Images   
Old 06-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
OMG! That truly sucks. I'm definitely getting a clear bra and will always garage my car.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:10 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear. I'd take it to a good detailer first to see what they say. They may be able to do something or provide a solution.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
That must have been an extremely strong leaf blower.
Just the curvature of the frunk would have me believe that this type of damage cannot come from simply blowing around your car.

Perhaps a lawn mower driving across the street pelted your car with the loose gravel.

How deep it is? You'd be amazed what they can do without actually repainting your car.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:45 PM
thanks, I'm sure it was the leafblower guy because I saw him walking away from my car while blowing. it was a backpack leafblower which I'm sure are more powerful than the handheld one's.

It probably would have been fine if the street hadn't been torn up and full of pebble size gravel when he then blew onto my hood and windshield. there's marks on that too...ugh.

I also know that my hood paint wasn't damaged before I got to work this morning and it was when I left.

I'm going to have to file a complaint with the property management company since its their landscaping service. At the very least it shouldn't happen again.

there's a bunch of "craters" in the clear. It shows up as white streaks in the hood when you look at it from the side.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:53 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
sorry to hear that. unbelievable what they did to your 5 days old baby

Old 06-12-2013, 08:33 PM
baziturbo is infamous around these partsbaziturbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Aranthir
I've had my 991 for 5 days...and this morning some landscaper decides to take the leaf blower for a tour of the street.

I was parked on the street away from the grass with a planter area 3' wide between my car and the sidewalk. Next to the sidewalk is the grass that was cut sometime after I parked.

I came out an hour or so later and saw the leaf blower guy as he had just passed by where my car was parked. I didn't look since I was busy working.

Tonight as I left I noticed debris on my car but I wasn't surprised because I saw the leaf blower guy and knew he was "blowing"

What shocked my when I got home and looked at my hood was about 100 pock marks all in my hood. I'll have to check the windshield.

The road was recently stripped for resurfacing so there's a ton of loose gravel on the road. I'm just disappointed that this guy could do this.

He was using a backpack blower. I know those are powerful and I guess with the combination of pebbles it's easy enough to do the damage.

I'll post some clearer pics later...
ugh...watch where you park.

any ideas on a fix? cost of a repainted hood?

call your insurance company and claim under comprehensive damage which will not affect your rates.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Phimosis is just really nicePhimosis is just really nicePhimosis is just really nicePhimosis is just really nice
I'm guessing you got the pockmarks from the loose gravel on your road while driving.....

Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 PM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
unfortunately, your only option is a complete repaint of the hood. sorry.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
you got redmaxed. sry

Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Horrible story. I can definitely relate. Four years ago my S4 got a bucket of gravel dropped on it while I was driving on a twin level bridge that was under construction. They were working on the expansion joint seams above me with no catch nets or anything underneath. Got my bumper, hood, A-pillar, windshield, roof, and sunroof. I'd had the car for two weeks and had just spent four hours cleaning and waxing. Three months of haggling and pestering the construction company and they finally coughed up a check. The paint match was pretty good, but me knowing it happened is the problem. Hope you're not as worry prone as me. Good luck, hope it's a quick and painless repair.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
I would feel devastated if that happened to me ! Try not to let it get to you too much.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
I feel you...
When I was in the Army stationed in Germany, I bought a brand new 911T (This is 1971). I was parked next to my clinic building (I was a doctor in the army) and when I came out for lunch, I see this little kid, about 7 or 8) tossing pebbles onto the trunk lid of my car, Turns out the kid was the son of another doctor so I walked the kid over to his father. Seems he told to the kid to wait for him outside. When I told the father what happened, he said " It's only a car!" Boy was I pissed. Fortunately there was no damage.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:24 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Sux man. I had the same thing happen to a BMW of mine about 10 years ago. I even had some marks on my side window. I now do my best to avoid any are where people use those high power blowers.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

As you might expect the Landscaping company denied my claim so I have my insurance company working with me to hold them responsible.

I need to get some more quotes for repair and i'm wondering who you might recommend in the bay area. I was thinking Premier for the clear bra replacement. I wonder if they do paint/windshield repair.

Can you recommend any others in the Napa to Fremont corridor?

Thanks,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leaf Blower damage...