Question about Adaptive Cruise Control?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 05:55 PM
PeterIndy is infamous around these parts
Question about Adaptive Cruise Control?

I have ordered a C4S for a probable November 2013 delivery and I am still exploring options, a little overwhelming for someone new to Porsche like myself. I have a question about the Porsche Active Safe component of the Adaptive Cruise Control that I don't find answered in the threads I have located so far. Does the Porsche Active Safe (PAS) function if the Adaptive Cruise Control is not activated? In other words, can it alert for an imminent collision even if you are not using the cruise control? Dealership thought it can - can anyone confirm?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:11 AM
JoeInDallas is infamous around these parts
According to a youtube video, it will work even when the Adaptive Cruise Control is not activated. My concern is whether a front mounted license plate will cover the sensor, or not.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I remember some car mag driving a Cayman with the Cruise Control in the mountains. A bird flew across front of the car and it immediately set i off, causing the brakes to activate.

I like the idea, but I think some more tinkering has to be done b

Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 AM
JoeInDallas is infamous around these parts
I can't yet comment on Porsche's version. I can say that in my SRT8, it is nearly perfect. It makes long drives, far less tedious. Especially in heavy traffic situations. The Jeep's system shuts off though, when the speed gets below 15 mph. Still, highly useful.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:53 PM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Yes it PAS works regardless of the ACC being on or not