Satilite Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 05:07 AM
MikeDi is infamous around these parts
Satilite Radio

My free subscription on my 2013 C4S was going to expire so I called up SiriusXM to add the premier channel selection to the radio. The premier group gives you about 10 or so more channels over the standard. Surfing thru the channels I found that there were 4 channels missing from the line-up. After spending 2 hours on the phone with SiriusXM trying to fix the problem they finally said that it was a Porsche problem and I had to contact the dealer. I am getting about half of the premier channels and they told me that the other half were being blocked and only a Porsche dealer could fix it. They asked me to have the dealer call them. Has anyone ever heard this before or had this problem? I cant believe it is a radio problem.

Mike D

Old 06-24-2013, 06:36 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
That's nonsense. It can't be anything to do with Porsche. FYI, I've got so fed up with the deteriorating quality (music and quality of sound) that I've stopped my sirius XM subscription. That in itself is a ghastly chore! If you ever want a lesson on how not to provide customer service... Call them!

Old 06-24-2013, 07:15 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
I refused the three month free trial as a prerequisite for buying car

Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
First of all, most other car brands that give you a free subscription to XM radio, give you a free year, not three months. With my new Mini Cooper, they gave me ALL the XM channels (they do that with all BMW's also).
Secondly, When I got my 991, I also found that there were certain channels not included (Howard Stern 100 and 101, and others). I called them and for $10 they gave me the deleted channels for the 3 month trial period.
I happen to like XM radio because I like to listern to CNN,MSNBC, CNBC, and for comic relief, Howard Strern.
The person you spoke to at XM didn't know what they are talking about. XM sends out a signal that allows your receiver to play the channels (just like Satellite TV). Speak to someone else over there and I'm sure it can be corrected. Porsche doesn't have anything to do with your reception of the channels. As long as the unit it working properly, you will get what they send you.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I traded my 991 that had a subscription for my new 991. The dealer canceled my subscription before I could roll it over. I've tried online and sat on hold forever trying to purchase it for my new 991 and my wifes new car. I finally gave up, we are listening to the radio.

Whoever runs that part of Sirius should be walked to the door. Every time I deal with them they are a disaster.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
The worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Almost makes me not want to buy a new car.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
While the system is called Sirius XM there are the former Sirius satellites and the former XM satellites. The BMW satellite uses the Sirius satellites and Porsche uses the XM satellites. They are in quite different locations in the sky. Sirius ones are somewhere over Mexico I believe while XM are over the equator. The further North you go the worse the XM gets. I have cars with each system and in Vancouver the Sirius is far far superior reception to XM. On Saturday I did a drive in one of the cars fitted with Sirius and only lost signal for a few seconds. Exact same drive with XM system delivered (out of 25 minute drive) about 10 minutes of lost reception.

On the issue of dealing with SiriusXM on renewals, changes etc. it took 65 minutes on the phone with their operator to get my "free" period extended for a year. As said above the words "customer service" are not in their vocabulary at all.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:47 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
This is so funny...I read this thread and then went off to open the mail...in today's mail was a letter telling me that my trial subscription was expiring next month so I should sign up...of course this was for the '09 cs2 that I traded in over a year ago and that I never had a subscription for....

Old 06-24-2013, 01:00 PM
MikeDi is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the comments. I talked to them again today and got them to admit that it is their problem and not Porsche. I told them they had 24 hours to get it fixed or I would be canceling all 5 of my subscriptions.