Dumping my C2S for a GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
i was told that w/ the axle lift engaged the front end height is equal to that of a Carrera.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 AM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
GT3 is definitely going to be an amazing car but do you feel it's going to be practical for you?

Old 06-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats and look forward to seeing this beauty, I think your going to love the Rhodium Silver Metallic Hopefully the wait goes by quickly.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
tanman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RcmaGTR
I just dropped off my deposit yesterday for the very first allocated GT3 at my local dealer. I couldn't resist. Yeah I don't need a GT3 and its beyond my limits at the track. My C4S is awesome and reminds me why I bought the car every time I drive it. But I want this car and I cant stop thinking of the 9k rpm power band.
Some clarification please, when you said you dropped off your deposit for your dealer's first allocation, I'm assuming you were first in line for the new GT3. Since deposits have been collected many months ago to secure a place in line. I'm asking because if there wasn't any interest at your dealership, and one can just walk in to secure a car, then I might pursue a car from out of state dealers. I had a C4S until recently, and was going to get the 991 C4S, but decided much too late to wait for the GT3. I agree that the C4S is all the Porsche most drivers need, but the GT3 on the track, full song at 9000 rpm, well, life just got a little bit better at that moment.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:04 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
apparently my dealer has nearly 30 deposits

Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tanman
Some clarification please, when you said you dropped off your deposit for your dealer's first allocation, I'm assuming you were first in line for the new GT3. Since deposits have been collected many months ago to secure a place in line. I'm asking because if there wasn't any interest at your dealership, and one can just walk in to secure a car, then I might pursue a car from out of state dealers. I had a C4S until recently, and was going to get the 991 C4S, but decided much too late to wait for the GT3. I agree that the C4S is all the Porsche most drivers need, but the GT3 on the track, full song at 9000 rpm, well, life just got a little bit better at that moment.
I trying to get a guys slot who now is leaning towards the turbo S rather than the GT3.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Wow, lucky you! Did you get a confirmed allocation? I could drop off a suitcase full of cash and still won't have a chance of getting one in my area. Tons of people in line, and it is doubtful that my dealership will get any allocation. If you managed to do that so easily good for you!

Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 AM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///armin
GT3 is definitely going to be an amazing car but do you feel it's going to be practical for you?
Everyone who has driven the car, so far, says it's a DD. This was what I suspected and was waiting to hear. It's not like a 997 GT3.

If the Turbo has the same calibrations as the GT3, I may opt for that if I can't get a slot for the GT3 in a reasonable amount of time. However, I really want that 9000rpm NA sound.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by flyanddive
I trying to get a guys slot who now is leaning towards the turbo S rather than the GT3.
I was responding to GTR and his GT3 order. In your situation, if you are getting someone else's slot who changed his mind, keep that on the down low since usually the next guy in line moves up.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:39 PM
RcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really nice
I know, isn't that odd that I was first to step up ? Small dealer in town, Porsche of Colo Springs. He's allocated 2 over two years from what I heard. MSRP. I think it was luck. He had names and lists,etc. but nobody slapped 5 k down and got in line. You could call George or Joe at 719-219-1911

Old 06-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by RcmaGTR
I know, isn't that odd that I was first to step up ? Small dealer in town, Porsche of Colo Springs. He's allocated 2 over two years from what I heard. MSRP. I think it was luck. He had names and lists,etc. but nobody slapped 5 k down and got in line. You could call George or Joe at 719-219-1911

Thanks, called and both spots are filled. The stars lined up for you my friend.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:49 PM
RcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really nice
Thanks, called and both spots are filled. The stars lined up for you my friend.
Thanks and good luck in your search

Old 06-28-2013, 04:09 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by flyanddive
Went to the dealer today to get in line for a GT3. Hopefully, I will have it by late winter or early next spring.

Here's the config: I don't know whether or not to order the lifting system yet.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PESS2PF2
I really like your build... If you can handle the loss of the rear seats, I say go for it!!!

Old 06-28-2013, 04:55 PM
thigos is infamous around these parts
Congrats, Im incredibly jealous! I cant wait to hear how the car functions as a DD. I love my C2S, but I cant stop thinking about the GT3.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:23 PM
This video is what got to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dumping my C2S for a GT3