Increase of utterly stupid questions/posts!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 03:20 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
Is it just me who's noticing the rise of posts and questions that are plainly silly or by folks who are just too lazy to search the forum or the Internet for the simple answers?

The reason I point this out is that it drags the content quality of the forum down. My intention is not to upset any individual and therefore no names need be mentioned. Nonetheless, I'll be putting on my flame suite.
About a year ago I simply stopped posting entirely . I didn't even read the forum and I never explained why . Just left .....no drama.. no good bye . nada .

I felt as you do . I even wondered if some of the posts came from individuals who have a car at all much less a Porsche . I recall there were posts were someone would ask for a price evaluation on a car and 100's of posts (and multiple threads by the same screen names) later they still would pop up asking the same question . After a year or two one would think they either bought a car or at least had an idea of price points . Sometimes i wondered if the posts simply werent yanked as it added fluff to the forum offering the appearance of activity . Or perhaps it was simply Porsche dreamers .. those who simply dream of owning the car rather than really have one .
One more observation .. as time progressed and the used car prices actually dropped then the posts became even more immature as if it attracted a buyer who the lower pricing decided the car was more attainable .

So I took a break and after about 8 months of not even reading the forum I thought about the postive posts . I thought about how the information shared in the forum helped me customize my dream car . I realized that focusing on the negative didn't have to overshadow the positive .

And I simply decided to post again and ignore the fluff . If i see a ridiculous post or thread I can't change it but I can change how I react to reading it and I found the best avenue is simply to ignore it .

For what its worth I have learned a lot and have enjoyed posting here. I have even met some great people who share the enthusiasm on these amazing cars .

Hope this helps.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
You are definitely right about that Yrralis1

I try to ignore those posts too. But can't help to give a reaction sometimes. That's just me. I am like that in real life too. Can't keep my mouth shut haha..
(I hear you all think now..... Of course she can't! She's a woman!!)
But it is not that I would stay away here just because of these posts, but it is a good thing to mention it once in a while, just to make people think about it I guess...

It's not a big deal.. At least it isn't for me.

Cheers!

Suzy991

Last edited by Suzy991; 07-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Thank you all for all the replies.

My post was simply an observation and a question. There was no statement of my annoyance or reaction.

I'll restate that the forum is affected by the quality of its content. As participants we are all responsible for it and when appropriate to point out its weaknesses and strengths.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:29 PM
BlackPepper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Haku
Is it just me who's noticing the rise of posts and questions that are plainly silly or by folks who are just too lazy to search the forum or the Internet for the simple answers?

The reason I point this out is that it drags the content quality of the forum down. My intention is not to upset any individual and therefore no names need be mentioned. Nonetheless, I'll be putting on my flame suite.
It is part of the game. You should just be thankful and feel lucky that you are not one of these people. There is nothing wrong in giving or sharing knowledge.

It creates balance ...

Old 07-07-2013, 04:39 PM
carcam is infamous around these parts
I agree Haku but still think the quality of content here is higher than most other forums. The photo forums are especially bad.

Last edited by carcam; 07-09-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:35 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Are they the same as the people who beat the ellipsis to death?

Old 07-08-2013, 05:10 PM
GMAC03 is infamous around these partsGMAC03 is infamous around these parts
new P owner worried about posting ? now

Old 07-08-2013, 05:17 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
It's a learning curve. Some folks just have a really steep one. Be patient.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:21 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
What type of oil should we use?

Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
RcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really nice
Ok, here is a dumb question for a dumb thread....
I'm ok searching through google but most other forums have a google search engine within their forum search. Why is that I am not given this option ? Is it a forum setting ?

Being involved with GTR Life, 6 Speed, CTS-V, and the SRT 8 forums, it's not surprising that many forget where they started from. LOL

Old 07-08-2013, 05:33 PM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GMAC03
new P owner worried about posting ? now
Not to worry.....there are more smug, pompous, ignorant comments and answers than there are "stupid questions".

Old 07-08-2013, 05:42 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
What type of oil should we use?

You know, that's an interesting question. We just finished preparing dinner and the issue of extra virgin olive vs canolla oil came up for the purpose of browning onions and garlic

Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 PM
nephew is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know which color is the fastest?

Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 PM
GMAC03 is infamous around these partsGMAC03 is infamous around these parts
I'LL be back with photos and stupid ?'s, 2012 triple black 991 911 C2S.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Guys - take it easy on novices...lets be kind to stupidity

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Increase of utterly stupid questions/posts!