Anyone else with an annoying dashboard squeak?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:08 PM
SxxB is infamous around these partsSxxB is infamous around these parts
Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by masyadongmalibog
My dealer discovered that the gas tank rubs to the firewall at the back of the dashboard on my June 2012 Porsche 991 CS. After putting felt on that area, viola, no more squeaks!!! Just soild pors ride feeling everytime.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Call 991 is infamous around these parts
I may have to take my foot off the throttle one day and listen to see if I have any rattles......not!

Old 11-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
I am not sure if this qualifies as a squeak or rattle, but when my ac or heater blower is past half speed, I get a annoying whistling sound, but as of yet, no other squeaks that I hear

Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I was getting an annoying squeak that turned out to be a garage clicker I have clipped to my visor. Phew!

Old 11-08-2013, 10:17 AM
yxc145 is infamous around these parts
I have the same problems.

1. Front Driver side dash board squeak/rattle
2. Rear Passenger side squeak

Dealer is going to look at the rear squeak, but they said the front is probably not fixable.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:21 AM
yxc145 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SxxB
Thanks for sharing.
SxxB. Did you take it to the dealer? Is the problem fixed? If so, would you share the information with me?

Old 11-08-2013, 04:53 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I have 2 .. when I put my arm on driver's side window sill it squeaks and I also have one right below the left cup holder

Old 11-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by yxc145
SxxB. Did you take it to the dealer? Is the problem fixed? If so, would you share the information with me?
Not yet but will keep u posted if they fix it

Old 11-10-2013, 06:59 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Wink to Squeak or not to Squeak...That is the Question

I thought I'd be able to squeak by without saying anything but I feel that If one is OCD, this is exactly the car you would want.

I mean if that's all the issues I get, I would welcome the challenge to seek and eliminate all rattles and squeaks. I mean we have a plethora of info here on this thread alone that would cost ten's of thousands of dollars for a tech to find and remove.

Plus, and added benifit to some is the intimate relationship one would have with his/her, (thinking of suzy...lol) vehicle.

By the way, is there a manual of pdf that that demonstrates how to disassemble our 911's?

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 11-10-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:18 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLATETT
I have 2 .. when I put my arm on driver's side window sill it squeaks and I also have one right below the left cup holder

Yup - right there with you on the window sill..

Old 11-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by dux
Yup - right there with you on the window sill..
My squeak seems to be correlated to temperature. As soon as it got cold, I can barely detect it. Now if my hvac would only behave, but that's a topic for another thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SxxB
My squeak seems to be correlated to temperature. As soon as it got cold, I can barely detect it. Now if my hvac would only behave, but that's a topic for another thread
Maybe kind of similar squeak issue I observe during the summer (2nd summer with the car, 2nd time the squeak occurs). Everytime the outside temperature -and the overall car temperature- gets hot (let's say 80F) and I start the AC (~74F) I start hearing a squeak coming from the dashboard. It sounds like it would be created by the heat expansion of dashboard material vs. contraction of parts in contact with the cold AC air. Just a personal theory but fairly well correlated with occurrences of the squeak...

Anybody else (as **** as I am..) with a similar problem?

Old 05-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Bates1325 is infamous around these parts
i have this problem in the front left vent as well drives me the F*** crazy!! dealer keeps saying that they don't hear anything

Old 05-14-2014, 04:19 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
I went to the dealership today and they could clearly hear it and immediately agreed it had to be fixed. I have an appointment for next Tuesday and they are most likely going to take the dashboard apart. I'll post about their findings and fix next week.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:44 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mr.Boon
Passenger seat creaks when moving around in it. Drivers seat doesn't.
I had this. Adjusting the lumbar eliminated the noise for me. With the lumbar on "soft" there is room for the interior of the seat to move around over bumps. when tightened, noise gone.

Hopefully this can help others.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else with an annoying dashboard squeak?