Porsche for Pediatrics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
http://rtr-pca.org/index.php/the-fru...for-pediatrics

8/4/13 Autocross near Philadelphia.

Entry fee is tax deductible.

Last edited by rnl; 07-25-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I'm 66 so maybe there ought to be a conclave of Porsche for Geriatrics to raise money for the Alzheimer's Foundation. Just kidding.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Sanibel you're just a youngster. I turned 70 in April. By the way I had a modified BJ6 (I think that's what it was - a rare 1962 with the Three carb setup) way back in '66. Also had '63 Mark II with the wind up windows later.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:56 AM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Snowcarz, that was a BT7 you had. It's still rare. Back then I had a '60 TR3A and lusted after the big Healey but didn't have the dough. Now that I have one I want to get another and start a Healey 3000 collection. Chances of that happening are slim at the moment because the wife wants fewer cars, not more of them! Five for the two of us is plenty (to her) but you can't count collectibles, can you?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I'm afraid wives count collectibles. She's said stop at 4 cars for us and won't even let me get her what she considers her dream car which is an old Corvette. Having said that, she has taken control of the BMW and given me the Jeep as a driver (2 1/2 years old and only 2,200 miles on it). Somehow I think she won this one.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM
They always win!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:36 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
It's not humorous. It's serious. We got to be so old, in good health and able to enjoy our really expensive toys because we didn't have cancer as children and die.

Anyone interested in participating in this event?

Here's a link featuring George H.W. Bush. Bush's bald head featured in this new's article is a reminder of his own child's leukemia fight - a fight she lost.

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...s&VID=24972467

Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 PM
RNL, I apologize for going O/T and adding humor to your thread because it is indeed a very serious project being promoted. While I am not able to attend, I will open the event link again and see how I may contribute to this worthy cause and urge others to do the same.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:53 PM
I put my money where my mouth is:

Donation Details

Donation amount: $100.00 USD
Total: $100.00 USD
Purpose: In Support of "Porsches For Pediatrics" Event in Allentown, PA on Aug. 4, 2013
Contributor: Jeffrey (deleted)

Old 07-26-2013, 02:40 PM
rnl
If you can't attend and you want to contribute:
PCFLV: ATTENTION PORSCHES FOR PEDIATRICS
C/O CARRIE GOFBERG TAMUTUS
PO BOX 42
WHITEHALL PA 18052-0042

Thanks, every penny will help.

Attached Images  

Last edited by rnl; 07-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 PM
rnl
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I put my money where my mouth is:

Donation Details

Donation amount: $100.00 USD
Total: $100.00 USD
Purpose: In Support of "Porsches For Pediatrics" Event in Allentown, PA on Aug. 4, 2013
Contributor: Jeffrey (deleted)
too bad you won't be able to make it. Thanks, your kindness and consideration is appreciated.

richard

Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 PM
PS: I made my donation directly to Pediatric Cancer Foundation of the Lehigh Valley, Inc. but put that the purpose of the donation was "In Support of 'Porsches For Pediatrics' Event in Allentown, PA on Aug. 4, 2013" so I trust that Carry Gofberg Tamutus will receive notice of the donation. It was easier to do that online and use my credit card than to write a check and mail it.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:03 PM
rnl
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
PS: I made my donation directly to Pediatric Cancer Foundation of the Lehigh Valley, Inc. but put that the purpose of the donation was "In Support of 'Porsches For Pediatrics' Event in Allentown, PA on Aug. 4, 2013" so I trust that Carry Gofberg Tamutus will receive notice of the donation. It was easier to do that online and use my credit card than to write a check and mail it.

Great thinking! here's the link

http://pcflv.org/donate/

Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by rnl
Great thinking!
Would you expect any less from a Porsche owner? It's the thinking man's car.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:12 AM
I am a "survivor" and annually donate significantly to various Cancer Charities.