Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 It might just be the best Porsche ever.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 It might just be the best Porsche ever.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-revi...ad-test-review

Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
It will be. And I can't wait to get mine....

Old 07-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the link. It would be a blast to own one, but the wife thinks I have enough Porsches right now, one!

Old 07-27-2013, 12:18 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Ok...you have my attention... Undivided.

Oh. My. Heavens.

I'm not thrilled about the prospect of that big tail on a DD. I might just make an exception.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:59 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
Ok...you have my attention... Undivided.

Oh. My. Heavens.

I'm not thrilled about the prospect of that big tail on a DD. I might just make an exception.
Same..

Old 07-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Definitely not DD for me ...but what a car!

Old 07-27-2013, 05:13 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
thanks for link. unbelievable beautiful machine. love the mirrors

funny about all the blank buttons on the console..........can there be any other options that need buttons on that machine??

Old 07-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
The trick now is getting an allotment spot.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:36 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by braindoc1
Same..
Sure there will be some mods for the wing.. hehe.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:48 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
I think we have to assume that every new Porsche will be the best yet. From past history, that seems to be the case. I had two GT3's and they were great. The new GT3 seems to be more track and less
DD. That's why I went for the C2S.
Porsche needs to set the bar higher every model year upgrade to keep pace with the other sport car manufacturers.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I'm not a fan of the big wing, either. I guess on the track it's a good thing to have but so is a roll cage and I wouldn't want my DD to have either.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:05 AM
tanman is infamous around these parts
I can share some insight on this. The best Porsche ever? No, maybe top 5. To be the best Porsche ever, this car would have to be the best car available today against all other car brands. Too many previous Porsches before that was the best car available for its time. I can personally say that the car is awesome to drive, got 10 minutes seat time with one of the test cars in the Bay Area. Compared to previous GT cars, the new is more clinical, sterile. Above 6K rpm, a very different car all together sharper, more connected and easier to drive. I am waiting for one, and passing judgement would have to wait.

Last edited by tanman; 07-27-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:30 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tanman
I can share some insight on this..... I can personally say that the car is awesome to drive, got 10 minutes seat time with one of the test cars in the Bay Area. Compared to previous GT cars, the new is more clinical, sterile. Above 6K rpm, a very different car all together sharper, more connected and easier to drive.
Tanman, your assessment seems to match the reactions of a lot of road testers with the 991C2s. The limits have been stretched so much that until one gets to explore the upper ones in depth and over many situations, it is not possible to appreciate how much. I think that is why non-owners cannot understand what has been done with the car, and think it has abandoned, rather than extended the lineage.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:50 PM
tanman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Tanman, your assessment seems to match the reactions of a lot of road testers with the 991C2s. The limits have been stretched so much that until one gets to explore the upper ones in depth and over many situations, it is not possible to appreciate how much. I think that is why non-owners cannot understand what has been done with the car, and think it has abandoned, rather than extended the lineage.
Well said. I say I will pass judgement after driving the car close to my limits. I say my limits since I'm never going to come close to driving this car to its full potential. No delusions here.

Respect and appreciation. Porsche has broadened the audience for the new GT3, and I respect this as an enthusiast. Speaking for myself, I might be the target buyer for this car in it's current design. I appreciate the car for being more civilized and driveable. I won't take the hardcore opinion that the new GT3 has lost its way, and is now not a true GT car.

Last edited by tanman; 07-27-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:15 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lrattner
I think we have to assume that every new Porsche will be the best yet.
Yep. From the 1967 Car & Driver Reader's Poll results:

“. . . each successive Porsche has been the ultimate Porsche, which is akin to being the ultimate luxury GT car.”

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-better-page-5

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 It might just be the best Porsche ever.