Enclosed Trailer Rental

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 PM
billco is infamous around these parts
Enclosed Trailer Rental

I'm planning a tour of the Oregon coast this fall and would like to trailer my 991 the 500 miles it will be, to get to the starting point in Grants Pass. I don't want to purchase a car trailer because I would seldom use it and have no place to keep it. On the other hand, I am surprised to find that I can't locate anyone who rents this type of trailer. I guess I could rent what they call a "Toy Hauler" but I don't need to stay in the thing, I just want to transport the car with it.

U-Haul rents open trailer/transports but I am told by my Porsche Dealer that they are a bit tall and difficult to get cars with low clearance on board.

Any thoughts.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

was just browsing the U-Haul site to see what they offered and came across this. Maybe it'll help. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

http://www.uhaul.com/Articles/Tips/1...ound-clearance

Old 07-27-2013, 05:47 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
start in crescent city, stop or stay in Bandon, go up to long beach in WA and drive on beach for 10 miles.............take your time and stop for coffee alot

Attached Images    
Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nicoli
Hi,

was just browsing the U-Haul site to see what they offered and came across this. Maybe it'll help. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

http://www.uhaul.com/Articles/Tips/1...ound-clearance
Yeah, but it's not enclosed.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:05 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
If you only need to go 500 miles, why worry about enclosed trailer?. You can traverse that distance in one day. I use to have a show car and I would trailer it( u haul) up to 500 miles.
You may want to consider a professional shipper( horseless carriage, etc.) to ship it enclosed which would cut the hassle factor way down.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:55 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
wow beautiful pix. thx

Originally Posted by trysixty
start in crescent city, stop or stay in Bandon, go up to long beach in WA and drive on beach for 10 miles.............take your time and stop for coffee alot

Old 07-27-2013, 07:10 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Nikon camera , BMW motorcycle, hot girl, loads of time 😄😄😄

Attached Images