Finally pulled the trigger - order placed for 2014 C2S!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 10:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LPB987S
Why am I not surprised? It sure adds up quickly !

Actually I'm surprised you didn't switch my order in the configurator to a 991 Turbo !
It does add up and I am not so sure if its worth it . My thinking is that if one is ordering a car it ought to be speced to the exact note of the ideal car because if even one choice option is absent it will be noticed later on . If one buys a car off the lot or a used car its almost expected to miss an option or two but at least the discount is higher and there is no wait time . The bargain is convenience but when ordering a car there is no bargain . It's a top dollar deal and as much as i like the 991 and as much as i like your choices of colors and options its 120K and it SHOULD be greatness .
There should be nothing missing at this price level and its just become too common to see there build posts where the shopper has spent an enormous amount of effort trying to fit into a budget parameter and still ends up with an expensive car only to look at used 991S car prices and cringe .

If you buy this car i will be happy for you but if you walk away from it I will be equally happy for you too .

Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 AM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Light design is very nice indeed, but doesn't that mean that you have to get the Premium Package Plus in the U.S. and Canada?. Here in Switzerland I can select every option seperatly, but on the U.S. Configurator I can't. Light Design Package isn't even on the list as a seperate option...

Colored gauges are very personal of course. Personally I don't like them and I think they're pretty expensive too. $860 for some colored gauges is not cheap IMO.

What I certainly would select though, is the "Instrument Dials in black"-option. That's a free option (one of the few) which makes the tacho much easier to read and looks better than one grey gauge in the middle IMO.

I've got the all black dials now and actually like the grey centre dial as a change. Thanks for the suggestion though !

Old 08-04-2013, 11:20 AM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
I drove an Arctic Silver Cayman S for three years and didn't miss a sunroof.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:18 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Originally Posted by yrralis1
It does add up and I am not so sure if its worth it . My thinking is that if one is ordering a car it ought to be speced to the exact note of the ideal car because if even one choice option is absent it will be noticed later on . If one buys a car off the lot or a used car its almost expected to miss an option or two but at least the discount is higher and there is no wait time . The bargain is convenience but when ordering a car there is no bargain . It's a top dollar deal and as much as i like the 991 and as much as i like your choices of colors and options its 120K and it SHOULD be greatness .
There should be nothing missing at this price level and its just become too common to see there build posts where the shopper has spent an enormous amount of effort trying to fit into a budget parameter and still ends up with an expensive car only to look at used 991S car prices and cringe .

If you buy this car i will be happy for you but if you walk away from it I will be equally happy for you too .

Actually, this car is GREATNESS to me!! I added SPASM and electric sunroof to my original build. You don't have to tick every option in the Porsche Configurator for the car to be your dream car. My previous 911 was a pre-ordered car which someone cancelled on during the financial crisis and I took advantage of a great discount. The car had almost no options and I enjoyed it thoroughly for 4 years. This 991 I have specced to be lean but with all the performance options I would want. I don't feel I'm compromising at all and don't really car for Bose, full leather, deviating stitching, etc. I'm not speccing PSE because I want something more aggressive - likely going for Sharkwerks side bypass and perhaps having the vacuum lines plugged in centre muffler to have centre muffler valves open all the time for a nice aggressive sound

I have updated the Porsche code on the first page to reflect the new options!