Finally pulled the trigger - order placed for 2014 C2S!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:48 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Finally pulled the trigger - order placed for 2014 C2S!!

Hi everyone,

I've finally placed my order for what will be my third Porsche. Had a 2006 Boxster S (for 4 years) and lease is coming due on my 2009 3.6L 997.2 now

I don't have an allocation yet so I have plenty of time to add/remove options.
Should be a September build for end of October delivery.

I was actually going to order the 3.4L Carrera but was going back and forth in my mind for a while. I kind of wanted the Carrera S all along. At first I couldn't justify the premium. I would be perfectly happy with the 3.4 even though I felt I had to rev it harder than my 3.6L 997.2 to extract the performance out of it. My older brother (who is normally much more conservative than I am) said to stretch for the Carrera S and go very light on the options and that it would be the logical next step to my current 997.2 base. My wife finally said "just get the one you really want. I don't want to hear it from you for the next 4 years that you should have gotten the S" !!!

Anyways, I figured life is short and you only go around once and in the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge deal. Still, both cars are amazing and we are so fortunate to be able to afford cars like these.

Many thanks to all those who contributed in a previous thread when I was inquiring about this!

So I decided to go for it and order a lightly specced Carrera S

Order details (so far!):

www.porsche-code.com/PE5GLFW1

I was going back and forth between the new Rhodium Silver and Agate Grey. I first specced the car with Rhodium but changed it to Agate after seeing the 2 cars side by side and taking many pictures and studying them! I'm sure many of you will understand and I'm glad I'm not the only one here with the Porsche obsession disease! Honestly, both colours are gorgeous but my wife really preferred the Agate Grey and I do feel that is the right colour for me.

For exhausts I'm going to go aftermarket I think. I want something more aggressive than the factory sport exhaust and having the ability to turn it on or off is a non issue as I would want it on all the time. I'm thinking perhaps the Sharkwerks side exhaust bypass (which is very reasonable at $991 plus install). The dealer also does their own sport exhaust where they modify the factory side mufflers and centre muffler. Another more aggressive option is to do the Sharkwerks side muffler and the dealer modified centre muffler. I'll talk to the guys at the Tuning department first. Hopefully, they do a Sharkwerks on a car before my car comes in so I can hear it in person first. At this point, I'm not considering the more expensive options such as the Tubi, Akrapovic, etc.

Other 2 options I'm considering is the Sports PASM and maybe adding a sunroof. Again, I'm trying to keep the options light but don't want to regret not getting something.

Anyone know the additional weight the steel and glass sunroofs add vs a non sunroof car?

Did anyone choose to go the no sunroof option and later regret not having one?

How is the sports PASM for daily use? On my 997.2 I have the standard non PASM suspension and would prefer this car to have a more sporty set up but I don't want to scrape it on everything! I called the parts department today and the replacement part for the sports PASM front chin spoiler is about $220 so not the end of the world if it is accidentally scraped and needs to be replaced.
Does the extra 10mm drop make a noticeable difference in the stance and feel?

I was originally going to use this as my 365 day daily driver even in the snow like my 2 previous Porsches but I'm now contemplating maybe getting a very basic Golf for commuting perhaps and not piling on the miles like crazy on this one. We do drive a lot and I would rack up upwards of 120,000km in this car in 4 years if driven daily. Not sure yet on this and have time to decide!

Would love to hear your inputs/ comments. Again, I still have time to change my options but I'm pretty happy with my lightly specced car. Anything else I'm missing that is a must have?? I'm perfectly happy with the standard interior and just added sports seats plus and sports design wheel.

Sorry about the long post but I'm so excited and can't wait for my car!!

Last edited by LPB987S; 09-06-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:08 PM
CarreraS737 is infamous around these partsCarreraS737 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your order,

I have the Sport PASM and don't find it harsh, especially in comfort. It sits better with the 10 MM drop. I also have the 5MM spacers, and glass sunroof. I really appreciate having the glass. The sunshade keeps the heat out effectively, and it's nice to have the cabin open up a bit with light even without having to open it. Are you opting PDK? I went with the 7 Speed Manual and love it. That shaved off about 4K. In my case, it ballooned back up in other areas like X51.

I really like the car! Congrats again!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:09 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Congrats! Another lease or purchase?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:24 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CarreraS737
Congrats on your order,

I have the Sport PASM and don't find it harsh, especially in comfort. It sits better with the 10 MM drop. I also have the 5MM spacers, and glass sunroof. I really appreciate having the glass. The sunshade keeps the heat out effectively, and it's nice to have the cabin open up a bit with light even without having to open it. Are you opting PDK? I went with the 7 Speed Manual and love it. That shaved off about 4K. In my case, it ballooned back up in other areas like X51.

I really like the car! Congrats again!

Thanks for the feedback!! I'm getting 7 speed manual. All my cars have been manual for the last 14 years. This might be the chance to drive a manual in a 911! The way things are going, PDK may be the only option in a few years.

Save the manuals!!

Yes, I'm on the fence on spasm but leaning towards it especially if I'm not going to drive the car in heavy snow.

Regarding glass sunroof, I'm torn on the look of the black roof.

Last edited by LPB987S; 08-03-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by frank69m
Congrats! Another lease or purchase?

Thank you!

I had my accountant run the 4 scenarios for me; lease or purchase personally vs lease or purchase inside my professional corporation. In our province, it appears that for this particular car and my case, lease inside the corporation appears to be the most favourable tax wise with purchasing inside the corp coming in second place. Still undecided!

Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Beautiful !!! Yet i found myself adding 17K to your order.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PE3NUKX9

Old 08-03-2013, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Beautiful !!! Yet i found myself adding 17K to your order.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PE3NUKX9

Why am I not surprised? It sure adds up quickly !

Actually I'm surprised you didn't switch my order in the configurator to a 991 Turbo !

Old 08-03-2013, 01:55 AM
dr bit is infamous around these parts
Lol here's another one with POD! Porsche obsession disease!

Porsche should of add this term in their vocabulary.

Congratulations for your new car!

Old 08-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
SPASM is perfect! Very balanced, comfortable and taut over bumps and humps. I'm glad I've got it.

Congrats!!!

Old 08-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Congrats!

I know it may sound a bit weird (that's why I'm a woman ), but personally I would opt for PDLS, just from a design point of view. The PDLS headlights are darker and match the color of your wheels and IMO look better on the Agate grey. The standard Bi-Xenon lights are silver/chrome and there is nothing else on your car in that color. As a bonus you get the PDLS system which is quite nice to have IMO.
Unfortunatly I see that you can't select them on your configurator, without selecting a premium package, so I can understand why you would not choose them, although I would at least consider the Premium Package with the 14-way seats.

Name:  image-2087640594.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  86.5 KB

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-03-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:42 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Just my .02. I love the S. I have SPASM and PDCC...love it! The sunroof for me was a waste. Too heavy, don't like the look of it opening over the car with the overhang. I never use the sunroof. I had to get it in some cars but never use it. All my sports cars have been solid roof ( GT3's, Stradale, Vipers, Enzo, etc.)

At very least I would get the sport chrono. I find the PSE to be just enough sound and I leave it on all the time. Once when I was driving the Stradale (which has some really great exhaust) I dropped my wife off at a restaurant and went to find parking, some old guy said to her, " I think your Maserati needs a muffler".

Good luck with the S...you will love it.

BTW-Long live the MT!!

Old 08-03-2013, 10:53 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
My 0.02: you may want to consider the light design package and different colored gauges...both pretty cheap options.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:54 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
and I did go PDK on mine--after having two previous manual Carreras. Yes I am obsessed.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chance6
My 0.02: you may want to consider the light design package and different colored gauges...both pretty cheap options.
Light design is very nice indeed, but doesn't that mean that you have to get the Premium Package Plus in the U.S. and Canada?. Here in Switzerland I can select every option seperatly, but on the U.S. Configurator I can't. Light Design Package isn't even on the list as a seperate option...

Colored gauges are very personal of course. Personally I don't like them and I think they're pretty expensive too. $860 for some colored gauges is not cheap IMO.

What I certainly would select though, is the "Instrument Dials in black"-option. That's a free option (one of the few) which makes the tacho much easier to read and looks better than one grey gauge in the middle IMO.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:13 PM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Congrats!

I know it may sound a bit weird (that's why I'm a woman ), but personally I would opt for PDLS, just from a design point of view. The PDLS headlights are darker and match the color of your wheels and IMO look better on the Agate grey. The standard Bi-Xenon lights are silver/chrome and there is nothing else on your car in that color. As a bonus you get the PDLS system which is quite nice to have IMO.
Unfortunatly I see that you can't select them on your configurator, without selecting a premium package, so I can understand why you would not choose them, although I would at least consider the Premium Package with the 14-way seats.
Attachment 267234
+1

If you want to see what an agate with black lights looks like click on the link below.

Btw, mine includes the wheels in agate as well. I also painted the headlight spray covers in agate and painted the tail pipes in flat black (high heat paint) and plasti dipped the emblem. No chrome/silver on my agate. I like the grey/black combo much better.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...te-my-car.html

Last edited by ma991; 08-03-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Typo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the trigger - order placed for 2014 C2S!!