Take a look at my current build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Talking Throw the Dog in, We're headed to the Beach!

I have generated a New build. This one allows me to move up to an C2S, for about the same price...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PE8XYP84

Wood wheel and TT Leather interior is cool, but I want it to be a little more fun and rugged. I want to hop in there in my sandals and fishing poles and not worry if I'm marking anything up.

After fishing, I want to go to and return from the beach, and with a towel on the seats, hop in with my damp shorts and go grab a bite at a local diner.

Who cares if it cost's $145K

I'm gonna drive it till the wheels fall off...lol

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mahog int.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	319.9 KB
ID:	269392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mahog ext.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	269393  
Old 08-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Wow... That's completely different! I like this one too. Although I like the Mahogony metallic more, you could consider to go for Anthracite Brown metallic. When I read how you want to use the car, it's nice t have a color that isn't dirty as quick as the Mahogony is. The Anthracite Brown metallic is more greyish and looks clean for longer, but still has a nice warmth in its color.
Just something to think about

I see you did select the powersteering plus. May I ask why?

Oh, and If you want to drive untill the wheels come off, you have to take it to Paris-Dakar or so... It's a Porsche! They're built to last forerver! BTW: When you want to go to Paris-Dakar, changing to a C4S cab would probably be a nice switch. 4wd can come in handy in the desert.....

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-10-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:01 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
911 configurations are so individualistic, and Porsche allows us( haha!) to "customize" these cars so nicely... I think the color combination you chose on the original build will be spectacular ( sorry my 1st generation iPad won't allow me to view the new one!) my only thought is did you consider the sport steering wheel with the paddle shifters? Again only my opinion and I certainly recognize the utility of the multifunction, but the compact nature of the ****pit gives me no trouble with the PCM management and the paddles were so much easier for me to manage then the buttons on the MF.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:36 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
It's all in the details...

I thought about the anthracite brown as well and If I went to the dealer and they had the Anthracite there, I would consider strongly. The Paris Dakar rally would literally make the wheels fall off so I would of course have a proxy there for me, using his anthracite colored 911...lol

I really need to see some of these colors, at least singularly, at the dealership. I haven't seen a Mahogany ext. at the dealership as of yet, only online.

I am still debating on the Power Steering plus, and am tentatively trying to find out more about it but from what I gather, it would make steering a bit easier around parking areas. I did see a video of ignition of the sl550 and he hated the steering because the electric steering unit would add more steering halfway around the turn and mess up his line. Well, I do not want anything to do with that! On the 911, I assumed it would work by simply adding boost to the power steering, and not add any more steering angle than what I'm giving...Did that make sense? I mean like;

"If I turn 20 degrees with the steering wheel than the wheels should turn 20 degrees. My assumption is that with 'Power Steering Plus' it should simply make it easer turning and keeping my wheels still at 20 degrees."

Now with the Mercedes, It actually added more "Variable Steering Input" and messed up the guys line.

Look at the following video at TIME STAMP 2:30

Suzy991-->Thank you for bringing up a very important issue in which I may have glanced over. I do not want to be complacent in my order.

Braindoc1--> Thanks for pointing that out, I actually want the Sport Steering in any config. I may choose and have overlooked it. When I go to Dealer, I will have a list to be sure I don't overlook anything.

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 08-10-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:45 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Stay away from Power Steering Plus - a useless option unless you have back or shoulder issues.
All it does is power assistance at very low speeds.

I wish I could deactivate it..

Old 08-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
stay away from power steering plus - a useless option unless you have back or shoulder issues.
All it does is power assistance at very low speeds.

I wish i could deactivate it..
^^ +1

Old 08-10-2013, 10:31 PM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
My MY13 991 has no PSP, I hate the "growing heavy" feels when slowing down to a stop/parking speed. I'm slowing down to relax, not to race.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by pyramid
My MY13 991 has no PSP, I hate the "growing heavy" feels when slowing down to a stop/parking speed. I'm slowing down to relax, not to race.
It works the other way around... It becomes lighter when you go slow. But that does the standard powersteering also. The PSP just makes it even more lighter to help with parking or in city traffic. IMO the standard powersteering is perfect. No need for PSP.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:06 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Suzy991
It works the other way around... It becomes lighter when you go slow. But that does the standard powersteering also. The PSP just makes it even more lighter to help with parking or in city traffic. IMO the standard powersteering is perfect. No need for PSP.
No it doesn't, standard power steering (non speed sensitive) grows heavy when you go slow to a stop/parking speed. I prefer either stay linier or grows a tad lighter when slowing to a stop and the MY13 onwards PSP resemble this perfectly. Don't get confuse with the ratio of the steering.
Fyi, PSP on MY13 carreras (245/35/20 front tires) is about the same weight with NON psp on new cayman/boxster (235/35/20 front tires). PSP feels way to light on 235/40/19 standard C2 tyres.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:23 AM

No it doesn't, standard power steering (non speed sensitive) grows heavy when you go slow to a stop/parking speed. I prefer either stay linier or grows a tad lighter when slowing to a stop and the MY13 onwards PSP resemble this perfectly. Don't get confuse with the ratio of the steering.
Fyi, PSP on MY13 carreras (245/35/20 front tires) is about the same weight with NON psp on new cayman/boxster (235/35/20 front tires). PSP feels way to light on 235/40/19 standard C2 tyres.
Yep, sorry... You are right. I misunderstood your comment. Or... I didn't read it right to be honest (just woke up, so my brains is still on standbye ) . However, I agree that PSP is way to light. I'm glad I don't have it on my Boxster and removed it on my 991 order.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:02 AM
The best part is porsche making it as an option to suits one preferences.
I had to specially asked someone over PAG in order to be able to add psp on my firm-locked order configuration.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:08 AM
The best part is porsche making it as an option to suits one preferences.
I had to specially asked someone over PAG in order to be able to add psp on my firm-locked order configuration.
Definitely true... There's a Posche for everyone. (Almost everyone)