Take a look at my current build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Arrow Take a look at my current build

911 Carrera Cabriolet
$96,200
Packages

BOSE® Audio PackageP3H
$2,120

Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
P3G

$2,330
Exterior Color

Mahogany Metallic
Y8
$710

Cabriolet Roof in Black
1V
$0
Interior Color

Two-tone Natural Leather Interior in Espresso/Cognac
BH

$5,630
Exterior

Headlight cleaning system cover painted exterior color

XUB

$295

Power folding side mirrors with courtesy lights

$320

ParkAssist (front and rear)

$380

Bi-Xenonâ„¢ headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

XEX

$715
Performance

Power Steering Plus

$270

Sport Exhaust System

$2,950

Sport Chrono Package

$2,370

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

$2,090

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

$4,080
Wheels

19-inch Carrera wheel

$0
Wheel Accessories

Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest

$185
Interior

Sport Chrono clock dial in White

CGJ

$500

Smoking package

$0

Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
P07

$3,465

Instrument dials in White

XFJ

$860
Interior Leather

Natural leather interior

$0

Two-tone leather interior

$0
Interior Wood

Center console trim in Mahagony

XHG

$630

Mahogany interior package (with leather interior/with PDK)

EED

$1,990

Multi-function steering wheel Mahogany incl. steering-wheel heating

XHF

$1,250
Total Price*
$130,290

I'm going back and forth on whether to get the Cs or even the C4s...

I haven't seen many like this and thought it's kind of luxurious. Should go well with my white faced Explorer II....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mahog ext.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	269191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mahog int.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	269192  
Old 08-09-2013, 08:13 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely a unique build and it seems to work very well.

What will be the primary use of the car - Daily driver, track or weekend cruiser?

Where in the world are you based, because I'm not sure how well that steering wheel will hold up to sweaty palms in the heat.
I presume you have ventilated seats included in that premium package.

Personally I found my loaner car mahogany steering wheel to be annoyingly slippery, as opposed to leather.

Just my $0.02 for an overall nice build.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Nice luxurious build! I like that mahogony trim with the Espresso/Cognac interior. You don't see these kind of builds often.

The only things I probably would change are the wheels (Carrera Classic matches this build perfectly IMO) and a brown convertible top (looks good with mahogony exterior). (And maybe some more leather options, but that would lift the price a lot).

Are you gonna use the car as a daily driver?

Old 08-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I agree with Suzy (as usual).

Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Boy aren't we good at suggesting ways for people to spend their hard earned cash on a new Porsche!

Old 08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Boy aren't we good at suggesting ways for people to spend their hard earned cash on a new Porsche!

See U n Rear View -
Apologies for our unsolicited opinions and advice.
Apparently it is inappropriate if not offensive.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Didn't notice that giving an opinion had become crime!! Are we living in a communist world???

If one puts his build here en says "take a look", than one can expect suggestions, opinions and advice from forum-members. They're all well-intented. It's still his decision if he follows that suggestion, opinion or advice.

You should be glad that I'm still doing it for free!! Normally I ask money for advice! LOL

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-09-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:38 AM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Everybody lighten up! I didn't think that anyone's post was offensive or inappropriate The OP asked for opinions and he's getting them.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Not sure why anyone is concerned with my comment as it was meant facetiously. Guess I have a weird sense of humour.
When I posted my build back in first week of October I got a number of comments/concerns about the build and I acted on several of them. My car came out better for it.
I do get paid for my professional advice and services at a very decent rate and thus can afford my toys.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Snowcarz, I didn't find your post offensive at all and fully got the facetiousness and humor in it. Don't let it bother you if some missed the humor. Happens all the time on these forums.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Not sure why anyone is concerned with my comment as it was meant facetiously. Guess I have a weird sense of humour.
When I posted my build back in first week of October I got a number of comments/concerns about the build and I acted on several of them. My car came out better for it.
I do get paid for my professional advice and services at a very decent rate and thus can afford my toys.
Mine was also intended in a humoristic way so that equals! (Same weird sense of humor???) Never intend to offend people, unless they offend me and that was clearly NOT the case!

I think I have to raise my rates on advice btw....

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-09-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:41 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Smile Fortunately for you all,

My humor reservoir is larger than my ego, so no offense taken. Just don't slap me in the back, while spitting your ale my way and it's all good...

I am glad that I was able to provide you all with a venue for humor. Is it not better than most what goes on in the news these days...?

I really like the Mahogany Exterior, but I think I would rather have the alcantra steering wheel and if there are no complaints, (Thanks dux for the intel on the wood steering!) would enjoy matching a carbon fibrous interior to match that...

Edmunds said that the 19's were better for daily driving, and although I love the carerra classics, as well as the Black-painted Sport Techno's, I would think that the bit more rubber would be more comforting? So, that would require a patient dealer to let me drive back to back to try wheels, and seats and stereo's and models...

oh! and Suzy How do you like the Boxster S I thought about it and the reviews are so nice that it gives me hesitation for the 911...But then I have to have the 911 for some reason...

Old 08-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
My humor reservoir is larger than my ego, so no offense taken. Just don't slap me in the back, while spitting your ale my way and it's all good...

I am glad that I was able to provide you all with a venue for humor. Is it not better than most what goes on in the news these days...?

I really like the Mahogany Exterior, but I think I would rather have the alcantra steering wheel and if there are no complaints, (Thanks dux for the intel on the wood steering!) would enjoy matching a carbon fibrous interior to match that...

Edmunds said that the 19's were better for daily driving, and although I love the carerra classics, as well as the Black-painted Sport Techno's, I would think that the bit more rubber would be more comforting? So, that would require a patient dealer to let me drive back to back to try wheels, and seats and stereo's and models...

oh! and Suzy How do you like the Boxster S I thought about it and the reviews are so nice that it gives me hesitation for the 911...But then I have to have the 911 for some reason...
19" may probably bring some more comfort indeed, but I have to say, with the PASM in normal and 20", the car is more comfortable than the Audi S5 I had. That said, the base Carrera doesn't come with PASM as a standard feature, so it would raise the price not only with 20" but also with the PASM. So I fully understand if you go with 19s.
I haven't driven a 991 with 19" so I can't say anything about difference in comfort.

Alcantara steering wheel feels very nice, but I don't know how it is in terms of keeping it clean.

Regarding the Boxster, I love the car! That car was clearly developed with only one thing in mind and that is, having fun! It's a true roadster. For daily driving however, I still prefer a 991. The Boxster is less comfortable and less practical, although it has lot of bootspace. it feels a bit cramp with the top closed, where the 991 gives you a more luxurious and spacious feeling. As a driver's car the Boxster is at least as good as the 991, if not better!

Old 08-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I had an Alcantara wheel in my R8 and it got shiny where it was gripped a lot and that was after not a lot of driving. Definitely looks nice but not practical on a daily driver.

While I think wood interiors look best in British cars, the 911 has evolved into a luxury sports/GT car and the way you've optioned yours is very elegant so if wood floats your boat, I say go for it!

I have wood wheels in my Triumph and Austin Healey and have never felt them to be sweaty.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:41 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Just my .02 cents, but I have the wood wheel and I love it. Have had no issues with stickiness or sweat and think it looks sharp. As Sanibel mentions, the 911 has evolved into a luxury sports/GT car, with huge elements of style and the ability to unleash it when you want to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Take a look at my current build