My Car's ETA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Frank, it's hard to tell: according to VW Logistics' current schedule, there's a ship arriving in San Diego on 25/Sept., but it doesn't show ships that sailed earlier than a week ago so there's still the possibility yours is on the high seas already. The one arriving on 25/Sept. is called Centaurus Leader and sails tomorrow ex-Emden. Your salesman should be able to contact PNA Logistics and find out when it's onboard and what the ETA is.

Here's where I'm getting my information:

Attached Files
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Frank, it's hard to tell: according to VW Logistics' current schedule, there's a ship arriving in San Diego on 25/Sept., but it doesn't show ships that sailed earlier than a week ago so there's still the possibility yours is on the high seas already. The one arriving on 25/Sept. is called Centaurus Leader and sails tomorrow ex-Emden. Your salesman should be able to contact PNA Logistics and find out when it's onboard and what the ETA is.

thanks a lot...!

I think it is suppose to arrive in San Diego in early September...I saw the Lyra Leader arriving in SD around that time, but not sure if that is it...

Jealous you guys got yours already.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:31 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed

Where can one find these shipping schedules? I can't find the right link. I keep getting a "Page not Found" type of warning in German!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by BradB
Where can one find these shipping schedules? I can't find the right link. I keep getting a "Page not Found" type of warning in German!

http://new.marinetraffic.com/en/

Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by frank69m
Thanks, that's helpful after I get an idea which ship my car is on. And that's what I really need first.

Where can I get the spreadsheet of ships and shipping dates from VW/Porsche as indicated by SanibelSpeed illustrated in his .pdf link above?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:57 AM
knurly is infamous around these parts
Hey BradB:

Takes a couple of clicks, but here's how I got the timetable for tracking my ship:

1) www.pwl.de
2) translate the page from German to English using Google translate
3) From the pull-down menus located on the mid-right side of page, select:
- US West and East coast
- Volkswagen Logistics Ro/Ro

That should start the download in your browser of a PDF they apparently update fairly frequently. It seems to change approx daily.

From there I used www.marinetraffic.com to track the ship's progress.

I like the old www.marinetraffic.com user interface better than new.marinetraffic.com.

If you register, you can add your ship to "My Fleet", which gives you email notifications of port entry/exit, plus when selected on the left-side menu, will isolate the display to show only your ship.

Happy tracking!

Old 11-12-2013, 10:01 AM
^^^^^Thanks, knurly!

I get the download each time I click on the pull down menus, but they come up as Excel spreadsheets and are unreadable. Just color blocks and no text. Maybe it's because I am on a Mac. (??)

I'll keep trying. I'm getting closer!

UPDATE! I think I got it to work. I'll let you know.

Last edited by BradB; 11-12-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:59 AM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Here you go:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Schedule.pdf (47.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by jnscolo
Here you go:
Sweet! Thanks!

Not knowing when the car was coming is painful enough. I imagine following slow boats is equally frustrating! Paddle faster, paddle faster!

Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know where they park the Porsches at the Emden port?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	standard.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	299951  
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by BradB
Does anyone know where they park the Porsches at the Emden port?

Hey Brad...haha. I think you are getting too obsessed. You are going to start tracking every inch of the ship travelling to port? I was kinda like that for a few days, but got bored of it. It will come when it comes. Some of those ports have pics by the way where you can see all the cars being loaded.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM
The obsession continues. My car is on the water! Going to be a long several weeks. It says it's not due to port until Dec 26. Then it has to get to the Midwest.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Views:	156
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	304424   Click image for larger version

Views:	165
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	304425