Leather interior... Umber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 07:43 AM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Everything other than standard is more pricey and more delivery time. I wanted a Black-Carrera red interior (standard on TTS) and that's a lot more expensive and will take 3-6 months extra delivery time. Even PTS meteor grey (standard exterior color on Cayenne) isn't even feasible at the moment for a 991. Cayennes are built and painted in a different factory in Leipzig, not in Stuttgart.
But even that doesn't really matter, because they just charge extra for everything that is not standard. Umber is not a standard color for 991 (anymore). If you want your car for example painted in Aquablue (standard color 3 months ago), you'll pay $5,500 and you'll wait 6 months extra... That's Porsche, they are as flexible as a rock.

If you don't want to wait that long, Agate grey interior may be an alternative. Is closest to the Umber, although darker of course.
On a serious note, Suzy may be one of the most helpful members I've seen on any automotive forum. At times it's astounding the amount of work she must have done to help people understand interior options on these cars. I'd second the notion that Porsche should just pay her to do what she does here.

The wag in me says: On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog. Suzy's real name is Karl, he lives in a basement somewhere in the suburban United States, he has only driven a P-car on Gran Turismo, and he has most definitely never been to Zuffenhausen....

Old 09-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jnscolo

On a serious note, Suzy may be one of the most helpful members I've seen on any automotive forum. At times it's astounding the amount of work she must have done to help people understand interior options on these cars. I'd second the notion that Porsche should just pay her to do what she does here.

The wag in me says: On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog. Suzy's real name is Karl, he lives in a basement somewhere in the suburban United States, he has only driven a P-car on Gran Turismo, and he has most definitely never been to Zuffenhausen....
Hahaha!!! Why Karl?? LOL

On a serious note, thank you it's just passion I think.
I like to help people as far as I'm able to, with experiences I had or have myself. I have a background in sales/marketing but also in customer support (although in a completely different industry) and I get a little disappointed sometimes when I read stories here on the forums that the support, especially for people in the foreign markets, is not as it should be IMO. I get the idea that a lot of salespeople are not that well informed (or just don't have the passion to inform theirselves).
I wonder if PAG knows about those things. Support in Europe (or at least here in Switzerland and also in Germany) is a lot better IMO.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:30 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Suzy for confirming... Yeah it's hard to imagine waiting up to 9 months for a car.. By then we will be getting close to the '15's...

I agree with the agate grey as an alternate.. and that is what I was looking at as an alternative.. I haven't been able to find one locally that I can look at. Guess I may need to look harder..

On another thread I saw a couple of pictures of the agate grey but it is really hard to tell and the pics weren't the best.. The agate grey looks to have some brown in it, which I like...

Just seems the 911's right now are missing a good medium to dark tan color.. and to me the Luxor just isn't that.. Oh well...

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Everything other than standard is more pricey and more delivery time. I wanted a Black-Carrera red interior (standard on TTS) and that's a lot more expensive and will take 3-6 months extra delivery time. Even PTS meteor grey (standard exterior color on Cayenne) isn't even feasible at the moment for a 991. Cayennes are built and painted in a different factory in Leipzig, not in Stuttgart.
But even that doesn't really matter, because they just charge extra for everything that is not standard. Umber is not a standard color for 991 (anymore). If you want your car for example painted in Aquablue (standard color 3 months ago), you'll pay $5,500 and you'll wait 6 months extra... That's Porsche, they are as flexible as a rock.

If you don't want to wait that long, Agate grey interior may be an alternative. Is closest to the Umber, although darker of course.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:31 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
I would agree.. very helpful..

And don't ruin this great mental image I've got going of her in my mind with the Karl comment!

Originally Posted by jnscolo

Last edited by scatkins; 09-07-2013 at 01:16 PM.