Leather interior... Umber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 03:36 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Leather interior... Umber

Working on my build specs.. Black exterior.. which is a given for me. But I've been struggling with the interior color for full leather..

What I wanted was some kind of sand/darker tan/beige.. Until I saw it I thought I'd like Luxor, but that was just way too yellow/orange for me.. The plat gray was too silver for my taste. Not sure about agate gray.. as I haven't seen that as yet. If I was going the gray category I want it on the darker side.. The espresso possibly but it is a bit to coco brown for me..

I've had black leather in many cars.. so I can live with it unless I find something I like better.

But I have a couple of questions, and I couldn't come up with anything in a forum search.

1) When I first test drove and was just acclimating myself I saw a 991 at the dealer with "umber" full leather. And I thought it was beautiful.. But it doesn't seem to show up in the configurator.. (I see it for the cayannes though). Not sure if it was a special color or maybe it was available on 991's and they yanked it for some reason..

So I guess my question is since that leather color (umber) it is available on other models, can I attempt to order it (I keep reading about people around here just saying, let the dealer try to ask and see when they configure) ? or does it need fall in to the custom category..

I thought the custom category was more of a, give them a color and they try to match it...

2) I've been trying to get a definition of the difference in "special" leather form the standard leather.. Is it just considered a special color or is the leather texture itself different.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:42 PM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by scatkins
Working on my build specs.. Black exterior.. which is a given for me. But I've been struggling with the interior color for full leather..

What I wanted was some kind of sand/darker tan/beige.. Until I saw it I thought I'd like Luxor, but that was just way too yellow/orange for me.. The plat gray was too silver for my taste. Not sure about agate gray.. as I haven't seen that as yet. If I was going the gray category I want it on the darker side.. The espresso possibly but it is a bit to coco brown for me..

I've had black leather in many cars.. so I can live with it unless I find something I like better.

But I have a couple of questions, and I couldn't come up with anything in a forum search.

1) When I first test drove and was just acclimating myself I saw a 991 at the dealer with "umber" full leather. And I thought it was beautiful.. But it doesn't seem to show up in the configurator.. (I see it for the cayannes though). Not sure if it was a special color or maybe it was available on 991's and they yanked it for some reason..

So I guess my question is since that leather color (umber) it is available on other models, can I attempt to order it (I keep reading about people around here just saying, let the dealer try to ask and see when they configure) ? or does it need fall in to the custom category..

I thought the custom category was more of a, give them a color and they try to match it...

2) I've been trying to get a definition of the difference in "special" leather form the standard leather.. Is it just considered a special color or is the leather texture itself different.
Umber is a leather to sample color available for the 991. You need to select leather to sample on configuration and let dealer know you want umber. Since it is already approved you don't need to send in a sample.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:41 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of

I don't know about umber, but I know that my standard black leather is finished with the top grain removed. It has a smoother feel than what was called "natural". The "natural" leather has a more traditional top graining texture and to me a slightly softer look and feel. Given that Porsche has its leather on harder surfaces than some, it is not Italian or Bentley sumptuous but a bit more upscale.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up nice choice...

You must have been shopping at Porsche of Livermore...lol I think that Umber color is spectacular as well and goes with the Mahogany Metallic.

Make sure you tell the Manager, Kevin that you want a complimentary slot for the Porsche Driving School. Maybe he'll throw it in...

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 08-23-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:06 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Umber...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0187.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	274293   Click image for larger version

Name:	umber.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	648.9 KB
ID:	274294   Click image for larger version

Name:	umber2.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	601.0 KB
ID:	274295   Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	662.4 KB
ID:	274296  
Old 08-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
Umber...
thanks for posting! it's an interesting color - looks very conservative.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have umber/cream on my Cayenne.

I happen to love it as a combination on the Cayenne . The contrast worsks great for hot cliamte and sun . The Umber has no glare , the cream is cool and not as hard to maintain as i thought , and the contrast is very nice.

I am just not sure if it's just too luxurious looking for a 911 .

Name:	cayenne2.jpg
Views:	1561
Size:	846.0 KB
ID:	274298  
Old 08-24-2013, 01:43 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Your cayenne looks fantastic.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:21 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
Your cayenne looks fantastic.
Thank you . It is our first SUV ever and we love it . It is a heavily optioned V6 which gives all of the interior comforts more commonly found in the Turbo yet offers great gas mileage. We bought it in may of 2012 and it already has 20K miles on it .

I'm not much of a photographer but here's two more pics . one shows another angle of the umber/cream interior.

I do feel if someone special ordered it for a 991 it would certainly be a luxury configuration but i must say it nicely compliments a white interior and for South Florida it's stays cool even in the sun .

Name:	cayenne5.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	777.1 KB
ID:	274301  
Attached Images  

Last edited by yrralis1; 08-24-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:16 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
You must have been shopping at Porsche of Livermore...lol I think that Umber color is spectacular as well and goes with the Mahogany Metallic.

Make sure you tell the Manager, Kevin that you want a complimentary slot for the Porsche Driving School. Maybe he'll throw it in...

See U n Rear View,

No, Walters in Riverside.. But you've given me a great idea for what I'll ask for .. And yeah the pics are great.. I'm going to investigate this further..

Last edited by scatkins; 08-24-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Dominic in London is infamous around these parts
I have umber in my GT Silver 991S and am very pleased with it. It's richer than the 991 photos above, which seem a bit washed-out to me. It's a good color to live with.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Dominic,

Did you order it or find it at a dealer..?

Old 08-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Dominic in London is infamous around these parts
Dominic,

Did you order it or find it at a dealer..?
Bought it used from a dealer. It was specced by the original buyer Roman Dudinov, who talks about his colour choices over on the rennlist forum....

Old 09-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Ok, an update.. and I'm hoping for a reality check...

I talked with my sales guy today and told him I've decided on the Umber..

He tells me it will be a custom order.. So I'm looking at the custom pricing (which is about $1700 more than standard, which is ok with me) and says it falls into the add 3 to 6 months to a standard order. So that would say I'm looking at 6 to 9 months for delivery if I ordered today..?

I believe the comments I got from a couple of people was that it's a known leather color (standard interior for Cayanne) and shouldn't be extra charge or long lead..

Anyone have experience with a custom that is sorta a known interior? not sure if I'm willing to wait an extra 6 months on top of a 3 month build... Will it really take that long?

Old 09-07-2013, 03:59 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Ok, an update.. and I'm hoping for a reality check...

I talked with my sales guy today and told him I've decided on the Umber..

He tells me it will be a custom order.. So I'm looking at the custom pricing (which is about $1700 more than standard, which is ok with me) and says it falls into the add 3 to 6 months to a standard order. So that would say I'm looking at 6 to 9 months for delivery if I ordered today..?

I believe the comments I got from a couple of people was that it's a known leather color (standard interior for Cayanne) and shouldn't be extra charge or long lead..

Anyone have experience with a custom that is sorta a known interior? not sure if I'm willing to wait an extra 6 months on top of a 3 month build... Will it really take that long?
Everything other than standard is more pricey and more delivery time. I wanted a Black-Carrera red interior (standard on TTS) and that's a lot more expensive and will take 3-6 months extra delivery time. Even PTS meteor grey (standard exterior color on Cayenne) isn't even feasible at the moment for a 991. Cayennes are built and painted in a different factory in Leipzig, not in Stuttgart.
But even that doesn't really matter, because they just charge extra for everything that is not standard. Umber is not a standard color for 991 (anymore). If you want your car for example painted in Aquablue (standard color 3 months ago), you'll pay $5,500 and you'll wait 6 months extra... That's Porsche, they are as flexible as a rock.

If you don't want to wait that long, Agate grey interior may be an alternative. Is closest to the Umber, although darker of course.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather interior... Umber