SportDesign side mirrors (GT3 mirrors) option in US Carrera configurator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:28 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by trysixty
probably SOL if you have folding mirrors
Why? They look to come to same base attachment point?

Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fbroen

Why? They look to come to same base attachment point?
That's right, but they are not folding, so there are some differences. We'll see it when they arrive I guess.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 AM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
I'm pretty sure they are all interchangeable. It would be too cost prohibitive for Porsche to have different openings on the door for different mirrors. Although it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the change being a difficult one to do. One probably will have to take the door apart to do the swap. And like I previously mentioned making the dealer have to do it, thus making some more $$ on the deal. Although ill still do it.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 AM
cheesehead is infamous around these parts
So initially the only changes for model year 2014 were the free luggage nets in the footwell and the LED headlight option? And now after week 45, they start springing changes on us? Anybody aware of any other "new" options from MY 2013 to MY 2014?

Old 08-26-2013, 08:43 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
The mirrors are NOT power folding. It remains to be seen if they fold manually.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Lebreeze is infamous around these partsLebreeze is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cheesehead
So initially the only changes for model year 2014 were the free luggage nets in the footwell and the LED headlight option? And now after week 45, they start springing changes on us? Anybody aware of any other "new" options from MY 2013 to MY 2014?
Aluminum gas cap and alcantara sport design steering wheel

Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Porsche did the same thing with the 2013's. At the start neither the X50 engine nor the Sport Design spoilers were available. Announced in September, 2012 for the rest of the 2013 model run. I believe the "juke box" wasn't available until December production also.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
I knew these would be available right after I couldn't make any changes. Darn it. Looks like Ill be doing this aftermarket now.
Hasn't happened yet!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:11 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Porsche did the same thing with the 2013's. At the start neither the X50 engine nor the Sport Design spoilers were available. Announced in September, 2012 for the rest of the 2013 model run. I believe the "juke box" wasn't available until December production also.
it's SOL with Porsche for almost everything if you have a 2013 built prior to October 2012..............online services, jukebox, GT mirrors. it's no big deal but you would like to think Porsche wants to take care of its customers better than other manufactures (jury still out IMO).

Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
it's SOL with Porsche for almost everything if you have a 2013 built prior to October 2012..............online services, jukebox, GT mirrors. it's no big deal but you would like to think Porsche wants to take care of its customers better than other manufactures (jury still out IMO).
This is the top reason to NOT buy a new model change. Most manufacturers like Porsche do not have all there suppliers up and running for the car until about a year after a new model comes out. It's hard to wait longer but usually more/better options are offered and some kinks get worked out.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:30 AM
johan8778 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
I knew these would be available right after I couldn't make any changes. Looks like Ill be doing this aftermarket now.
Me too. Although my car has been locked for some time now. I'm taking delivery next tuesday (sweeeeet!)

I understand the sport design mirrors are not folding but can folding mirrors still be replaced by aftermarket sport design mirrors?

Last edited by johan8778; 08-27-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:57 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johan8778
I understand the sport design mirrors are not folding but can folding mirrors still be replaced by aftermarket sport design mirrors?
I would assume so. The housing is still the same for folding and non-folding mirrors. Just tuck the wires away.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:32 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
Actually I have come to believe that this is not their goal. They aim to bring you a vehicle that does a bunch of stuff really well and make you happy with that particular car. Then, if you want the later stuff you can buy a new or CPO'd vehicle and you will be happy again. They make no effort to allow you to retrofit almost any change that comes along and the secondary/mod market is where you have to go. This even applies to swaps in existing product. (For example the switch from a sport steering wheel to a MFC wheel is a "no" according to the dealer but I believe that it can be done going thru someone like Suncoast.) I would like to look at either these mirrors or folding mirrors for my car but they make it such a hassle. Threads/forums like this are very valuable, at least to me, because this is where I find what can be done with these cars DESPITE Porsche central's desires. Thank-you for this thread!

Old 08-27-2013, 06:44 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !

Attached Images   

Last edited by HotHonda; 08-27-2013 at 08:32 AM.