SportDesign side mirrors (GT3 mirrors) option in US Carrera configurator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 04:36 PM
LotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura about
SportDesign side mirrors (GT3 mirrors) option in US Carrera configurator

... hoping Sport Bucket Seats show up as an option soon for all Carrera's.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:03 PM
barihunk is infamous around these partsbarihunk is infamous around these parts
Very interesting. Maybe there is hope yet for a retrofit.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:33 AM
Founder is infamous around these parts
Sweet! Now the question is, do they solve the wind buffeting problem??

Old 08-25-2013, 01:43 PM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
I knew these would be available right after I couldn't make any changes. Darn it. Looks like Ill be doing this aftermarket now.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Richard911 is infamous around these parts
Me too. i was told they would not be offered on MY2014 builds, ugh

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, and rear camera now offered on 991 Turbo and Turbo S...I am sure it is coming for the regular 991's as well...should have offered them from the start, in my opinion.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JCBH
Yeah, and rear camera now offered on 991 Turbo and Turbo S...I am sure it is coming for the regular 991's as well...should have offered them from the start, in my opinion.
Glad I postponed my car. now I got the oppertunity to order some nice things Sport Design mirrors definitely look good!

Not quite sure about the camera on the other models though. On the Turbo it's hidden underneath the wing. With the absence of a wing and the sloping back on the Carrera models, I think it is difficult to hide the camera out of sight and still make it work to their requirements.
I agree that it would be a nice option, especially on the cab I think. have it on my SUV and I love it.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Glad I postponed my car. now I got the oppertunity to order some nice things Sport Design mirrors definitely look good!

Not quite sure about the camera on the other models though. On the Turbo it's hidden underneath the wing. With the absence of a wing and the sloping back on the Carrera models, I think it is difficult to hide the camera out of sight and still make it work to their requirements.
I agree that it would be a nice option, especially on the cab I think. have it on my SUV and I love it.
Yeah, I just like to have cameras as I am so used to it since we have them on all of our cars...so when you don't have it, it feels weird...even Ferrari's have them now...

Old 08-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JCBH

Yeah, I just like to have cameras as I am so used to it since we have them on all of our cars...so when you don't have it, it feels weird...even Ferrari's have them now...
I know... I know...same here hahaha

On the other hand... 20 years ago no one had parkassist or camera. They're just very nice gadgets you get quickly used to haha

Old 08-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Cutters68 is infamous around these parts
As for the Sport Design mirrors, I am eagerly awaiting their availability at Suncoast. Love their look and hoping as a bonus that they will fix the wind buffeting problem.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Cutters68
As for the Sport Design mirrors, I am eagerly awaiting their availability at Suncoast. Love their look and hoping as a bonus that they will fix the wind buffeting problem.
For what I've heard, they will solve that problem. OTOH... I've never driven a car that hasn't some kind of wind buffeting on a certain speed.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:39 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
probably SOL if you have folding mirrors

Old 08-25-2013, 09:22 PM
cheesehead is infamous around these parts
Side mirrors

Originally Posted by barihunk
Very interesting. Maybe there is hope yet for a retrofit.
A retrofit is guaranteed.

Porsche is just screwing with customers by making them pay twice like buy regular turbo and oops! forgot to tell you turbo s coming out six months later.

Me too. Only found out about it few days ago via six speed. Emailed dealer. Called him today. Said I was locked as of August 23. I tried to postpone delivery. He said no. Now trying to order as replacement part to be shipped with car. Trying to get discount from $600 by giving them my old "brand new" ones to service department. I think it would be shame if a pair of brand new side mirrors was sitting at my house unused.

Kind of pissed about it. Total money grab by Porsche. They knew the old ones were defective, fugly, and made noise at speed. Should have been standard with LED headlights and power kit not some joke "option"

It should be available as replacement part. What do people do if their side mirror gets totaled the day they drive it off the lot? It is just inconvenience and hassle of whole thing.

John

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_pcna/ccCal...bcode=PENKIU24[/QUOTE]

Old 08-26-2013, 06:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
We're working on it, stay tuned....

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 08-26-2013, 07:16 AM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
Lets us know suncoast. And make a video if they're easy to retro fit ourselves. Although I can see porsche making this a hard thing to do thus making you go to the dealer for even more $$ to put them on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SportDesign side mirrors (GT3 mirrors) option in US Carrera configurator