My 2014 C2S Pics Galore!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Alan
When you use spacers, you should protect the paint behind the wheels with plastic film otherwise you will likely have gravel causing damage to the paint.
+1
The look is great, but speaking from experience, it can really destroy your paint in time. Protect it with clear film. Do it now! And you'll probably want to replace the clear film annually as well since it will get pretty marred up.

Ahh, the price of coolness!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:14 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Uh oh. Hadn't thought about the wider stance causing paint damage due to gravel. I'll have to get the film done, then. Too bad I didn't know about it a few days ago when the car got a full clear bra. Probably would've cost less to do it then. Oh, well...

Old 09-04-2013, 08:20 AM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on the car Sanibel... It looks great! Which spacers did you use?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
RSS, according to the forum member who sold them to me.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:04 AM
shaytun is infamous around these partsshaytun is infamous around these parts
So if it's RSS, the rears are 15mm.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 PM
shaytun is infamous around these partsshaytun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BradB
+1
The look is great, but speaking from experience, it can really destroy your paint in time. Protect it with clear film. Do it now! And you'll probably want to replace the clear film annually as well since it will get pretty marred up.

Ahh, the price of coolness!
Brad,
What damage are you exactly talking about? Are you referring to rear fender damage from debris from the front wheels? I wouldn't think the 7mm change would change much in terms of gravel escaping the front wheel well. Was yours more aggressive? I've never had a 911, so I don't know. Or are you talking about damage to the rear bumper from the very aggressive rear offset. From experience on my Mercedes with aftermarket wheels and spacers, I def get more dirt on my rear bumper but not damage from rocks/gravel.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:02 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shaytun
Brad,
What damage are you exactly talking about? Are you referring to rear fender damage from debris from the front wheels? I wouldn't think the 7mm change would change much in terms of gravel escaping the front wheel well. Was yours more aggressive? I've never had a 911, so I don't know. Or are you talking about damage to the rear bumper from the very aggressive rear offset. From experience on my Mercedes with aftermarket wheels and spacers, I def get more dirt on my rear bumper but not damage from rocks/gravel.
Both, to some degree. The lower painted inner fender wheel well area, especially the rearward half, gets a bigger beating as the tire gets pushed out throwing a wider path of debris. Sometimes it's just dirt but sand and rocks can be part of the mix. My 993 4S is street driven and the film has done its job over the years. The film has a few nicks but looks pretty good. The incident that led me to get the film was a LARGE chip stemming from a hard hit right on the outside of the rear fender lip in the 12 o'clock position, fully visible. This caused a huge paint repair. I had 10mm spacers.

My Cayman S is tracked a few times a year and gets severe road rash behind the wheels, front and rear, and inside the painted wheel arches. I have even had to replace the clear film it gets so roughed up. No spacers.

Here is a pic of my 993 wheel opening. You can't really see it but the entire inside wheel arch, from 12 o'clock to 4 o'clock is covered all the way out to the angle in the bodywork. I also have the rockers covered.

It's just an 'ounce of protection' thing.

Attached Images