2013 991 Rear Badge Customization

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:17 PM
radarryan is infamous around these parts
2013 991 Rear Badge Customization

Here are some pictures of what I've done to the rear badge of my C2S. I decided to go satin black (compromise between matte and gloss - I wanted matte, my guys at the dealer were pushing for gloss) "PORSCHE" and "911", deletion of the "Carrera" and the "S" in Guards Red to match the calipers.

I tend to like it more than the stock chrome. Previously, I have only seen it in Europe on the 991 GT3s; a few times on Carrera White 991s, but haven't seen it with a gloss, non-metallic black. Personally, I like it (which is a good thing, since it would cost a few hundred to order new pieces and go back to chrome) but I'm interested to hear other member's opinions. I have more pictures that I need to upload but here is a taste

Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:50 PM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
I like it. Did the dealer do the work? Wonder how this would look on my red 4s due ina month minus the red S.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

(via 6SpeedOnline iOS)

Old 09-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
I like it. Did the dealer do the work? Wonder how this would look on my red 4s due ina month minus the red S.
Yeah, the dealer did it. I toyed around with just doing it all matte, but in the end got talked into the red S. I'm happy I did it. That's the great thing about personalization - it's personal. You can toy with it and make it how you like it.

All in all, about $450 installed at the Porsche dealer.

Here's another picture. To me, it always looks different at different angles.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	759.5 KB
ID:	276807  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Lebreeze is infamous around these partsLebreeze is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by radarryan
Yeah, the dealer did it. I toyed around with just doing it all matte, but in the end got talked into the red S. I'm happy I did it. That's the great thing about personalization - it's personal. You can toy with it and make it how you like it.

All in all, about $450 installed at the Porsche dealer.

Here's another picture. To me, it always looks different at different angles.
That's the definition of a stealership. Talked about some expensive dental floss and a template.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lebreeze
That's the definition of a stealership. Talked about some expensive dental floss and a template.
Yes, I agree, especially when I was quoted $250 at the start. Some mysterious shop charges appeared and the labor rate went up. I paid without talking to the manager because I had a first date that evening and wanted to get the interior spruced up. Yes, I could have done it myself; yes it should have been $100 cheaper; yes, it's legal theft but if something goes wrong, I like just saying, "you all did it, you all fix it" especially if the matte color starts to prematurely fade.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:14 PM
shaytun is infamous around these partsshaytun is infamous around these parts
Do the dealers have a template to center different versions. Ie 911S or Carrera S. I think you can talk the dealer into basically doing it free if you buy new badges if you just spent as much as you did on the car.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by shaytun
Do the dealers have a template to center different versions. Ie 911S or Carrera S. I think you can talk the dealer into basically doing it free if you buy new badges if you just spent as much as you did on the car.
I was told they would have it centered any way I wanted it, which leads me to believe yes, especially since you can have different badge options (i.e. delete Carrera) from the factory. If they didn't have the template, I would hope they would be honest and tell me straight up they didn't. Judging how it turned out, purely empirical evidence, I would guess "yes".

Old 09-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Looks nice but it's just me - so many Japanese and Korean car makers are putting red S...Toyota, Infiniti etc...it must look great in person though...

Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by radarryan
I was told they would have it centered any way I wanted it, which leads me to believe yes, especially since you can have different badge options (i.e. delete Carrera) from the factory. If they didn't have the template, I would hope they would be honest and tell me straight up they didn't. Judging how it turned out, purely empirical evidence, I would guess "yes".

If they do have a template, they created it themselves. I've been through the debaging thing twice and it isn't an easy process: the OEM letters come without any type of template.

Your car looks great by the way.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
If they do have a template, they created it themselves. I've been through the debaging thing twice and it isn't an easy process: the OEM letters come without any type of template.

Your car looks great by the way.
Appreciate it! I wish I would have posted something before, especially with the centering. Oh well, it turned out nice, which is what counts.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:29 PM
GMAC03 is infamous around these partsGMAC03 is infamous around these parts
I did this for $55/digit

Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:22 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
like it a lot. The satin looks better than my Chromed ones.
Now perhaps you can get the Red "S" to match the Red Tail lights

I've seen a dealer do this. its simple. they just use tape to center everything.

Last edited by kosmo69; 09-02-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by kosmo69
Now perhaps you can get the Red "S" to match the Red Tail lights
I think you read my mind...

Old 09-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Gt350 is infamous around these parts
I was thinking doing something similar on my rodium C2S, but the S will be yellow to match the calipers and the yellow dials.
Like the way it looks on your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 991 Rear Badge Customization