Foldable Sport Design (TTS) Mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Suzy991
The butt of my C4S is almost as wide as the mirrors, so they don't need to be folding.
You're the only gal I know who is proud to have a wide butt!

Old 09-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed

You're the only gal I know who is proud to have a wide butt!
Hahahahaha!!

Old 09-02-2013, 03:27 PM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
I hear a lot about buffeting. What cars have it? I know I don't.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:04 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JamesKen
I hear a lot about buffeting. What cars have it? I know I don't.
991 coupes have it in the ****pit above about 60 mph with one window all the way down. Pop the sunroof in back and it goes away. Open the other window a bit and it goes away. Open both windows and it returns.

ps - the ****s were substituted automatically!

Last edited by chuckbdc; 09-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:10 PM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks, that explains why I don't have it but I still don't like the base mirrors.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Rapture1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LPB987S
Would the cost to retrofit these be significantly more than speccing them from factory?

Is the unanimous decision is that these look nicer than the standard mirrors ? They are certainly a little busier looking; probably more suitable to the more aggressive body on the gt3.

I'm not sure if they would work well on a Carrera/Carrera S unless specced with sport design/aero kit option. Thoughts ?
I'm certainly in the minority on this but I am not quite sold on the look of these on the Carrera. I have the standard folding mirrors but they are painted as I believe they all should be. I think that is a pretty big miss on Porsche’s part not to paint them as standard equipment. I will save a final judgment for myself when I see them in person.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:52 PM
eddtiff is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fester
Gosh there's over $1M worth of cars on that truck
The exact same thinking I had on my mind. The Cayenne looks like its almost touching the roof of the Turbo. In all, an pretty impressive shot with 6 TT/TTS stacked close to one another.

As to the looks, I tend to agree that the Sport Design mirrors look better than the standard ones. The standard ones look better than normal if the bottom section is painted (another exclusive option P can do you over with )

Old 09-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I left mine unpainted because there is a lot of black trim on the car and didn't think it worth the crazy money Porsche was asking to paint the base. I thought having folding mirrors trumped having the sport design because my garages in Miami are only 8' wide and I have to fold in my mirrors on my Bentley GTC. Turns out I don't need to on my 911, after all: it fits very easily into my garage so if I had to do it over again, I'd opt for the sport mirrors. Live and learn.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:20 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Good find! They are folding but probably only manual folding. I have no clue why, but the Turbo S is not available with Sport Design mirrors AND power folding mirrors. If you select that option you get standard mirrors instead of the sport design mirrors...
Perhaps these sport design mirrors are auto-folding by default. That would explain why the Porsche configurator won't allow both options selected?