PDK software update...definite change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 05:05 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
according to my service advisor when I had mine updated in June, the latest update was from may 2013 on the pdk.................is this one newer???

Old 09-08-2013, 08:14 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Mine is a 2013 C2S, the dealer made the PDK update back in August.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
I think there may have been two updates because I'm quite sure one was done on my car a few months back and then again last week. My car is a 2013 model.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Am I wrong in thinking that Porsche should be announcing to all owners that a software update is available and that those interested in getting the update should be contacting their dealers? D**n, what is all this PDK update mystery about anyway??

Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pyramid
Porsche part number 99161861908 for my Carrera, back in July.
Model year dependents, "shift requests menu" may comes up in PCM if it wasn't there before.
Is the shift request for manual mode or just manual (non pdk)?

Old 09-08-2013, 11:00 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Am I wrong in thinking that Porsche should be announcing to all owners that a software update is available and that those interested in getting the update should be contacting their dealers? D**n, what is all this PDK update mystery about anyway??
I think that only safety related recalls get special announcements. Updates and preventative ones are usually part of the service routine.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:32 AM
deeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nice
Just had this done last week haven't had a chance to drive enough to notice a difference in feel. Here is what was done:

WD09 reprogramming pdk control unit
6771 WPP
FC: WD090660001

Old 09-08-2013, 04:11 PM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I think that only safety related recalls get special announcements. Updates and preventative ones are usually part of the service routine.
Yes, I am now in the habit of calling the dealership every six months or so and asking them if there is an "update" available. Otherwise I will ONLY hear about it if I go in for annual oil change or a safety related recall. For example, this was the case with a PCM update just two weeks ago.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:43 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jster
Yes, I am now in the habit of calling the dealership every six months or so and asking them if there is an "update" available. Otherwise I will ONLY hear about it if I go in for annual oil change or a safety related recall. For example, this was the case with a PCM update just two weeks ago.
+1 , i'm calling every 3 months or stopping by if in area

Old 09-08-2013, 08:42 PM
barihunk is infamous around these partsbarihunk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
It's one of the nice things about porsche that they actually do updates when you bring them in. An unnamed bavarian car company will only update your car when some part breaks. So I'm thankful for that.

However, that said, I'm tired of calling into the service department and getting the "no updates" runaround (at which point I just don't want to deal with it and wait).

Perhaps we should have a sticky in the forum for service bulletins?

Old 09-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by barihunk

Perhaps we should have a sticky in the forum for service bulletins?
Brilliant idea!

Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Go123
Is the shift request for manual mode or just manual (non pdk)?
My car is pdk, and the shift request only showing guidance when on manual mode (pdk lever on Manual). I don't know the case with MT7 transmission.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I just emailed my service guy. I had WD09 installed in July, but last week a new PCM update was released. I will get it installed this week. He says there are not any newer PDK updates since WD09.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 AM
dwaynemosley is infamous around these parts
I had my PDK software updated on Friday, 9/6 while getting another issue resolved. It has made a world of difference. So far, I really like it. There are now three "noticeable" shift patterns for each driving mode. Regular, sport, and sport+.

I haven't spend a lot of time around town in it yet, but I immediately noticed during the drive home on the freeway in "sport" auto that it now doesn't shift into 7th until above 72 +/- mph. It used to shift into 7th at a much lower speed which seemed to cause the engine to "lug" a little. I was constantly manually shifting it back to 6th for a more responsive throttle and better pickup. It also now seamlessly shifts back down to 6th when you get between 65 and 72 mph especially climbing a hill in traffic. It seems to better monitor the throttle and shifts back to 6th depending on load, throttle position and the elevation you're working with.

I really like the change, a lot. I need to spend more time examining and relearning all the different personalities in both auto and manual modes.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by dwaynemosley
I had my PDK software updated on Friday, 9/6 while getting another issue resolved. It has made a world of difference. So far, I really like it. There are now three "noticeable" shift patterns for each driving mode. Regular, sport, and sport+.

I haven't spend a lot of time around town in it yet, but I immediately noticed during the drive home on the freeway in "sport" auto that it now doesn't shift into 7th until above 72 +/- mph. It used to shift into 7th at a much lower speed which seemed to cause the engine to "lug" a little. I was constantly manually shifting it back to 6th for a more responsive throttle and better pickup. It also now seamlessly shifts back down to 6th when you get between 65 and 72 mph especially climbing a hill in traffic. It seems to better monitor the throttle and shifts back to 6th depending on load, throttle position and the elevation you're working with.

I really like the change, a lot. I need to spend more time examining and relearning all the different personalities in both auto and manual modes.
On your service paper work does it say WD09? or something newer?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PDK software update...definite change