Booster seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 PM
kev_song is infamous around these partskev_song is infamous around these parts
Booster seats

For those of you parents out there in search of booster seats that fit the 991. For the last couple years I've been using the Recaro Vivo booster which fits nicely in my last 997 and my 991. But it takes up a lot of room and I have to push my seat up a little when both my kids are in the back because of the thick back on the booster. I just picked up the Harmony Juvenile Youth booster and they fit perfectly in the back when you take out the removable back cushion. My sons knees do not hit the back of the front seat anymore.

Attached Images   
Old 09-09-2013, 08:48 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the tip. While it is a bit less substantial than the booster you have, the Bubble Bum inflatable booster is also a good fit. My 3 year old loves getting rides in her Bubble Bum in the back of my 991 C2S (due to the PSE, she calls it Daddy's vroomy car).

Old 09-09-2013, 11:49 PM
TeCKis300 is a glorious beacon of lightTeCKis300 is a glorious beacon of lightTeCKis300 is a glorious beacon of lightTeCKis300 is a glorious beacon of lightTeCKis300 is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks. I will need these soon once my daughter is out of her convertible seat.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 PM
SilverSled is infamous around these parts
Back Seat Height

I agree both are great solutions, however the seat back height eventually poses a problem, because as your child grows their head will extend beyond it. My daughter is 6 and is on the tall side, so the back of her head is half-way above the seat-back rest and I just have nightmares about hyper-extension of her neck and then head going back in an accident - God forbid. So I use the Porsche Booster Seat whenever I take her but it's really uncomfortable for her. I have a coupe. I think she's going to be out of luck until she turns 12 - the age that she can sit up front. Unfortunately, or maybe it's for the best, you can't get a de-activation switch put in the front seat. Even if you could, it's questionable if that's the safest place.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:36 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SilverSled
I agree both are great solutions, however the seat back height eventually poses a problem, because as your child grows their head will extend beyond it. My daughter is 6 and is on the tall side, so the back of her head is half-way above the seat-back rest and I just have nightmares about hyper-extension of her neck and then head going back in an accident - God forbid. So I use the Porsche Booster Seat whenever I take her but it's really uncomfortable for her. I have a coupe. I think she's going to be out of luck until she turns 12 - the age that she can sit up front. Unfortunately, or maybe it's for the best, you can't get a de-activation switch put in the front seat. Even if you could, it's questionable if that's the safest place.
Use a booster with a full back, it will extend well beyond the rear seat height.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by STALKER
Use a booster with a full back, it will extend well beyond the rear seat height.
are there any that really fit?

Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 PM
certified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by frank69m
Cosco has one. $40 bucks at a Walmart. Full back, and narrow base. Even a 5 point harness...I have one for my 2 year old. Same base height as the harmony booster.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:38 AM
kev_song is infamous around these partskev_song is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frank69m

The Recaro Vivo fits great, and has super head and neck protection, but you sacrifice legroom to get it. My kids are not tall enough yet for their heads and necks sticking above the vehicle when the top is down. I think as they get older the 911 is impractical for them to sit in the back anyway. Just gives me another excuse to get something else into the stabile, like a Bentley or a MC Stradale with a proper back seat for them. It will be easier to sell to the wife anyway ;-)

Old 09-22-2013, 08:50 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by certified_prime
Cosco has one. $40 bucks at a Walmart. Full back, and narrow base. Even a 5 point harness...I have one for my 2 year old. Same base height as the harmony booster.

Is this the one that fits the 991 rear:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-High...nteen/16932755