2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray vs. 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 01:32 PM
sideview has a spectacular aura aboutsideview has a spectacular aura aboutsideview has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GS997S
Sideview, thanks for your informative, technical posts on suspension design. I am the one that copied your post from the other board. I was not trying to take credit for it, just trying to add some badly needed facts to the Corvette suspension discussion. So many people just write off the Corvette suspension because it uses the transverse fiberglass spring, without really knowing anything about it.
No offense taken what so ever. I actually took it as a complement that you wanted to share. It also saved me a lot of typing

Old 09-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Great education, thank you so much!!

Old 09-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Watching a show recorded earlier today called, "Corvette Nation" which is set at the Carlisle annual Corvette conclave and must admit that the C7 looks like a supercar whereas the 911 doesn't. The 911 delivers supercar performance but lacks the pizazz, IMO. The C7 has a lot of bling. And, the rear end doesn't bother me one bit. Still haven't seen one in person, though.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:09 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Corvette introduction and drive

I was just invited to a drive of the 2014 Corvette at Palm Beach International Raceway Oct 25-27. I am hoping they have the 7 speeds along with the Automatics. It's a no passing lapping of the track but it should give me an idea how the Corvette stacks up against the 991.
Porsche has never had the sex appeal that the other supercars have had. It's like they say " it's a wolf in sheep's clothing".

Old 09-28-2013, 09:26 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !

Old 09-28-2013, 09:53 AM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
In pictures, the C7 looks contrived and a bit disjointed, maybe in person it will all come together. The 991 on the other hand looks very organic and with the right exterior options looks very purposeful. At our local cars and coffee my car gets as many looks and questions as the more exotic 458s and 430 Scuderias.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:18 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Both the 911 and c7 are interesting design . The 911 has a storied racing history over its generations. The gt3 and GT3 RS in particular attract a lot of deserved attention. C7 is new and polarizing to some. It's hard to be neutral about it.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:20 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
I drove one today, all I can say is it's light years ahead of the C6. I think they have a tough competitor to the 991 now, although the steering feel of the C7 is lacking. The ZR1 equivalent for the C7 is going to be something to really consider.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:31 PM
CarAholic is infamous around these partsCarAholic is infamous around these parts
Seen a C7 in person the other day and it's a lot nicer in person then in pictures

Old 09-29-2013, 05:47 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lrattner
I was just invited to a drive of the 2014 Corvette at Palm Beach International Raceway Oct 25-27. I am hoping they have the 7 speeds along with the Automatics. It's a no passing lapping of the track but it should give me an idea how the Corvette stacks up against the 991.
Porsche has never had the sex appeal that the other supercars have had. It's like they say " it's a wolf in sheep's clothing".
I just did the event at Monticello. About 1/4 of the cars are manuals. I got one for each of the 3 sessions because I bought my own helmet, so while everyone else was sizing up before each session, I was picking my car. The speeds in my group were quite fast -- 125mph on the straight and about 7/10th through the turns.

In terms of the drive, I was very impressed. (All the cars had the Z51 package but not magno shocks). The car has tremendous grip (at least as much as my 991S, prob a touch more), great balance, it sounds good, it revs good, etc. The brakes are also very strong. Most of all, the drive has a good "emotion" to it. The removable targa is very nifty and lightweight. Overall design is not my taste but in all the objectives measures, its a hell of a car at any price and certainly, in my eyes, the best value out there.