2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray vs. 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Detroit Shooter is infamous around these parts
I am impressed with what GM has done. Not in love with the style but a heck of a bang for the buck. I hope they do well with it and I look forward to the higher HP versions coming out.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:17 AM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
I came home last night to an invite from Chevy to drive the new Corvette on the track at Monticello Raceway in late September. I couldn't pass up an offer to see how the Corvette compares to my 991 so I signed up. I imagine the event will be similar to the Porsche World Roadshow - except Chevy does not allow guests.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:54 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by caveatesq
I came home last night to an invite from Chevy to drive the new Corvette on the track at Monticello Raceway in late September. I couldn't pass up an offer to see how the Corvette compares to my 991 so I signed up. I imagine the event will be similar to the Porsche World Roadshow - except Chevy does not allow guests.
That's nice. How did you get the invitation, owned a corvette before? Be nice to hear your impressions.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:12 AM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
That's nice. How did you get the invitation, owned a corvette before? Be nice to hear your impressions.
I'm not sure how Chevy got my name. I've never owned a Corvette or any other GM product, for that matter. I have been curious to check out the new car - lots of performance for the dollar.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:39 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Originally Posted by caveatesq
I'm not sure how Chevy got my name. I've never owned a Corvette or any other GM product, for that matter. I have been curious to check out the new car - lots of performance for the dollar.

Chevy hacked into P's client database.

I've been getting emails and such from CHevy and I dont know why.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Geo_Carrera is infamous around these parts
Its great that America is building great cars again. The Vet is cheap enough. Just buy one. Your 911 will not mind sharing the garage with his American friend. This is all good. Competition will make all our favorite sport cars better.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scatkins
Naaa, what fun would that be....?

But we get the following arguments for sure:

1) Corvette is cheaper, 1/2, 3/4 the cost.. or whatever..
2) Performance is blah blah blah comparable, not comparable..
3) 911 owners are just snobs.. Corvettes are just crappy Chevy's at heart..
4) Forget about both of them get an R8...
5) 911 is just better,
6) Corvette is just better, 911 owners are just stupid...
7) Corvette has more low end torque.. No you don't understand you just need to get the rev's higher on a boxer engine to get the comparable torque..
8) Corvette looks like dorky, 911 is a work of art..
9) 997's were better than 991's so yes Corvettes are better now..

That a good start?
That about covers it.

Originally Posted by flyanddive
I thought I'd get this thread off and running.

P.S. I heard the new Vette is even better than the GTR.
Didn't someone compare the new 'Vette to the new(er) GT-R? GT-R demolished it in just about every way, and that GT-R apparently came with over 600HP from the factory..., but the 'Vette was more fun. Someone trying to boost sales for the 'Vette. But we heard the same thing when the Camaro came out ~ faster than a GT-R, etc...

I've listened to those excuses for 6 years now. Getting old to hear how much more fun it is to go slow in a car which is supposedly built to go fast.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Here let me start a new debate.. The Camero is sorta like a Base Corvette.. So we should start comparing Vettes to 911S's and Camero's to base 911.

That way we can hear the comparison of $100K car to $30K... (or whatever the hell a Camero costs now..)..

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
That about covers it.

Didn't someone compare the new 'Vette to the new(er) GT-R? GT-R demolished it in just about every way, and that GT-R apparently came with over 600HP from the factory..., but the 'Vette was more fun. Someone trying to boost sales for the 'Vette. But we heard the same thing when the Camaro came out ~ faster than a GT-R, etc...

I've listened to those excuses for 6 years now. Getting old to hear how much more fun it is to go slow in a car which is supposedly built to go fast.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:09 PM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
If they could put the gtr *** (best feature of that car) on the corvette (*** worst feature), maybe everything would come together then.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scatkins
Here let me start a new debate.. The Camero is sorta like a Base Corvette.. So we should start comparing Vettes to 911S's and Camero's to base 911.

That way we can hear the comparison of $100K car to $30K... (or whatever the hell a Camero costs now..)..
I'm not biting...

Base Corvette vs base (or S) 911. These cars are both remarkable, and offer similar experiences. There is no right or wrong, just personal preference.

I'm still blown away by all of the technology that went into the new 'Vette.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
glusc2002 is infamous around these parts
vette still looks and feels cheap to me. looks a bit overkill too, wheres the class

Old 09-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by glusc2002
... wheres the class
At the Caddy side of the dealership?

People who buy 'Vettes like performance. I don't think they get them because of the luxury and/or refinement. They go fast. And now they do it even better.

You want class? Get an Aston, Maybach, or Bentley.

You want speed? The new Corvette has that covered. If you want even better speed, wait for either the new Z06 (or equivalent), ZR-1, 911 Turbo, or Turbo S. Those cars go fast. Then it comes down to whether you like to row gears, or go faster.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
vette still looks and feels cheap to me. looks a bit overkill too, wheres the class
Where have you been able to feel one (C7)?

Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GS997S
Where have you been able to feel one (C7)?
There was one at the Rolex motorsports reunion that you could sit in. It did still feel cheap. Not nearly as cheap as the C6, but not like a 70k sports car.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:15 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
+1
+2
+3

vette still looks and feels cheap to me. Looks a bit overkill too, wheres the class

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray vs. 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S